Maytag / I was delivered a damaged dishwasher.

1 Blue Springs, MO, United States Review updated:

I picked out and paid for a Maytag dishwasher to be delivered to my house. The delivery was scheduled for January 15, 2018. Upon delivery the installers reported that I needed a new shut off valve(even though I had a plumber come out prior to the delivery and stated that everything was fine for the hookup.) So, the delivery /installer men put the dishwasher in my basement still boxed up and wrapped. I signed that they left the dishwasher in my basement, not knowing I had a damaged Maytag product. No one unboxed it or unwrapped it and I did not think I was the one doing the inspection as I trusted Maytag to have a product that was not damaged and not hold the customer responsible for their damaged product. The delivery personnel came back on January 15th and when unboxing it and installing it noticed that is had two dents in the door. So, I said" are you going to take it back" and they said no you can call and in 48 hours and they will schedule someone to come and replace your dishwasher. So on Feb 5th when the next person comes out to assess the situation, it is reported that I will get a new door. I don't want a new door, If I wanted to replace parts I would if got a used dishwasher. I followed instructions that I was given and also trusted Maytag to have a undamaged product and now no one will take responsibility and blames each other and me for not taking the dishwasher out of the box and wrapping and inspecting it. I strongly believe that I should not be punished for Maytag delivering a damaged product and it should be replaced. I also strongly believe that it is ridiculous how much time I am spending on this and how no one will take responsibility and want to blame it on me because of some technicality that I did not know about. So, I need to know the grievance process and the next step to take if it is not resolved here. I don't want this to continue to happen to others. Thank you and I look forward to a reply.

• Updated by Kuchta, Feb 08, 2018

Ku
Feb 5, 2018

Comments

• Sh
      5th of Feb, 2018

Hi Kuchta.

Appreciated reading about your concerns. Who was the retailer you purchased the dishwasher through?

5th of Feb, 2018

@Shaun R. Home Depot, Blue Springs MO

6th of Feb, 2018

@Kuchta Appreciate the reply Kuchta.

Maytag did not "deliver" your dishwasher. It was Home Depot's responsibility to do so. It's difficult, if not impossible to state exactly where the damage to the door front occurred. It may have been from the manufacturer, retailer or after it was in your own possession. This is cosmetic in nature and not something that falls within any warranty coverage. In order to change out the entire unit, including the serial number, you need to contact the retailer; in this case, Home Depot in Blue Springs. Every retailer has its own way of handling exchanges such as this. Some, unfortunately, will require you keep the product as it was previously signed for.

If you've found an avenue whereas you can get the face swapped out, that really is an excellent solution. It also helps being charged, needlessly, for installation service calls which aren't being completed.

Hopefully this provides some insight. Please let us know if it doesn't provide the needed solution.

• Wp
      6th of Feb, 2018

Kuchta, we apologize for your experience. We would like to discuss this further with you. Please email us at Maytag_Reviews@Maytag.com at your earliest convenience with your name, address, a phone number and best time to reach you along with your model and serial number.

6th of Feb, 2018

@Wp2008 Thank you for your response, and I want to emphasize that the damage did not happen in my possession. The delivery people set it in my basement and it was not touched until they returned to install it. The dishwasher was damaged while not in my possession. And I am being held accountable on a technicality that is unfair to the consumer. I will email you the other information. Thanks for your reply.

6th of Feb, 2018

@Kuchta I tried the Maytag email that you gave me and all that comes up is a Lowes's retail ad. So, can you send the link. My information is Barb Kuchta, 3512 SW McDanial Ave. Blue Springs, MO 64015. Cell phone number is 816-739-5421 and best time to call is Mondays or after 7:00pm
    Model number is -WDT730PAHZ
    Serial number is -F80184618 if not 4618 then it is 4818 Too small to read and in a very unreadable place on the dishwasher. Thanks for your assistance'

@Kuchta Hi Barb.

Glad the problem has been / is being resolved, at least as far as this post is concerned. There is an issue, however, the WDT730 is NOT a Maytag dishwasher. It is a Whirlpool dishwasher.

7th of Feb, 2018

@Shaun R. The delivery paperwork that has the model number on it says Maytag. and the issue has not been resolved.

7th of Feb, 2018

@Kuchta And I checked, Maytag makes Whirlpool dishwahers, just an important FYI. If you are not willing to take back your damaged dishwasher and give me a new one that I have already paid for, just let me know so I can take the next step.

@Kuchta Hi Barb.

It really is good to hear from you again.

My purpose is not to hinder, but to aid in providing necessary information.

With that in mind, let me begin by respectfully correcting some bad information you've been provided.

Maytag does NOT build Whirlpool products; it's actually just the opposite. Whirlpool is the parent company to Maytag.

Further, it's important to clarify model discrepancies. The WDT730 is absolutely a Whirlpool model. Whatever the receipt is that you have, it's not the correct receipt for a Maytag dishwasher.

It's important to clarify that the dishwasher is in no way mine; currently it's yours and provided by the retailer. The receipt you have is inconsistent with the merchandise you're describing. All of this is why it is so important to work with the retailer. Resisting such as option, only establishes further questions.

With absolutely all respect, your 'next step' seems very apparent; get the dishwasher your currently have installed and the face replaced. My concern is, by not acting upon the offer, the offer may not continue. There's no way of determining where the damage took place and, with an inconsistent receipt, when and from whom you purchased it from. The alternative? Keep resisting going through the retailer, keep complaining and let the box collect dust -- all the while washing your own dishes.

9th of Feb, 2018

@Kuchta You responded, "What? I know exactly whom I purchased it from and when. The damage did not take place in my home and Maytag should take responsibility for their damaged product. I am not resisting anything, I am demanding that I receive the service/product that I paid for and hopefully prevent this unfair scenario from happening to someone else. I don't consider my emails complaining, It's called having a voice and demanding that my purchase of a new dishwasher be honored. It is really pretty simple. And thanks for your concern of" washing your own dishes", which is the least of my worries. Please do not email me again as I have found your "assistance" most unhelpful and really just trying to point the finger at someone else instead of the manufacturer of the product."

Hi Barb.

I'm so sorry. I understand that you're just trying to fight for what you want.

I've got a couple of questions which, I would hope brings us closer to a resolution.

First, what brand name is actually on the DISHWASHER? We've been addressing this as a Maytag dishwasher all this time but, as you're started, a model WDT730 is itemized upon your receipt. This really is a Whirlpool dishwasher. Can you look at the dishwasher and tell me the brand on the product? Along that same line, what material is INSIDE THE DISHWASHER? Is the interior STAINLESS STEEL or PLASTIC? This will help identify what you have.

Second, have you contacted Home Depot about the problem? What was their response?

I really do want to get you helped. But we need the provided information.

10th of Feb, 2018

Hi Barb. Just wanted too make sure you were being helped properly.

From your response, or lack thereof, it appears that the dishwasher is NOT that of a Maytag brand. It may or may not even be a Whirlpool brand. That's okay. Anyone make mistake.

Contract your retailer. It sounds like the problem is, at least, resolved from any Maytag issues. Please keep us informed of any updates.