Maytag Dependability Plus / poor after sale service!

Currently all of my appliances are Maytag covered by the Maytag Dependability Plus extended service plan. I called Maytag for two issues with my dishwasher ; a recall of the inner door liner and a noisy drain pump. Before the technician arrived my dishwasher worked, but was a bit noisy. After four visits by a technician from Metro factory Service set up by Maytag Dependability plus, a new entire motor was installed as well as the recall performed twice. As of this point my dishwasher no longer works. Each visit by the technician was late (after 5:00 PM, hours beyond the time I was told he would arrive. I did call Maytag dependability plus on this situation and was referred to an Escalation Team Supervisor who did leave me a phone mail. Over a period of a week, I palced six separate calls to the assigned Escalation Team member pleading for a return call. As of today, I have received no return call. In desperation, I did call Metro Factory Service to find out a second new motor was ordered. Unfortunately, each unsuccessful technician visit means that I must another week or so before the next service call is scheduled. To date I have lost 4 days of work waiting for the technician who ultimately shows up after 5:00 and have a dishwasher that does not work. the last technician who showed up seemed commented that the incompetent technician who worked on my dishwasher the first three times and incapacitated it has only 4 months experience and has a track record of botching repairs. At this point, I am completely frustrated by the lack of customer service on the part of Maytag dependability plus and well as Metro Factory Repair Service who just don't deem to care. As a result of this mess, I will never buy another Maytag product or renew the extended service plans on my existing appliances. I will certainly never use Metro Factory service for any repair.

Comments

• Co
      13th of Aug, 2008

I HAVE A MAYTAG REFRIGERATOR AND I PURCHASED THE MAINTANCE AGREEMENT FOR IT I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH IT I HAVE CALLED FOR THE SERIVCE AND THEY DO COME AND WORK ON IT BUT THE SAME THING KEEPS BREAKING DOWN ON IT THE LAST TIME THE REFRIGERATOR HAD A SHORT CIRCUIT ON THE DESPENCER AND CAUGHT ON FIRE AND MELTED ALL THE WIRING I DID CALL LAST MONTH AND I CALLED IT IN AGAIN FOR THE DESPENSER AND IT HAD SHORTED AGAIN . I KNOW THE LEMON LAW AND I CALLED IT IN TODAY AND ASKED THEM TO REPLACE THE UNIT BECAUSE I HAVE 5 KIDS THAT LIVE WITH ME AND I AM AFRAID THAT THEY WILL BE CAUGHT BY THEM SELFS WHEN I GO TO WORK . I SPOKE TO LORE WHO PUT ME THROGH TO ALAN HER SUPERVISOR AND THEY TOLD ME BECAUSE I BOUGHT A NEW CONTRACT THAT I HAD TO START ALL OVER AGAIN BEFORE THEY COULD CALL THE UNIT A LEMON. BUT MY RECORD SHOWS THAT HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM 5 OR 6 TIMES AREADY . I INFORMED HIM THAT WHEN I CALLED ON JULY FOR SAME PROBLEM THE ASSOCIATE THAT HELP ME THEN TOLD ME IT HAD TO BE REPAIRED FOR THE SAME THING 4 TIMES AND THE CALL THAT DAY WAS THE 4 TIME .AND NOW IT IS DOING THE SAME THING WITH THE DESPENSER I NEED YOUR HELP WITH THIS SITUTATION THE ASSOCIATE THAT I TAKED TO ON JULY SHOULD HAVE INFORMED ME ABOUT THAT RULE THAT WHEN WHICH I FEEL THAT THEY ARE NOT CONCERNED OR CARE ABOUT MY CHILDREN AND MY HOME IF IT CATCHES FIRE I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE .

• Si
      30th of Aug, 2009

Caps lock is cruise control to your a ###.