Maytag / bad product

We purchased a basic Maytag washer in October of 2004 to replace our Whirpool, which we had for 14 years. In June of 2007, the transmission had gone out and the water seal had broken down, so it was throwing grease over our cloths. The transmission and seal was replace, but the labor was $120. A year later, the seal has failed again and the transmission needs replacing, again. This time they won't cover the seal kit, so the repair would be $200. I am not willing to throw another $200 at this machine. The repair guy said this model and other Maytags, have lots of transmission and seal kit problems. For my next washing machine, you can bet it won't be a Maytag.

Va

Comments

• Va
      25th of Jul, 2008

I own a set of Maytag Washer and Dryer for just turning 3 year-old. The drum of dryer was cracked! I called May tag service reps and they offer nothing toward replacement of a new drum. I believe it is a major defected. It costs $260.00 for the part; labor and diagnose estimated $400. My trusted repairman recommended to replace with a whole new brand altogether. He said he is not worth fixing with this much cost. It is not only a cheap quality products but also the service people are unprofessional and helpless. It is just too bad. While researching and writing this review, I found out how bad they stand behind their products. It is going down the hill for sure!

• Su
      17th of Feb, 2009

March of 2008 I purchased a Signature Series W/D from Home Depot in Lexington SC. I paid for it with a new HD credit card. I paid off my credit card just 2 weeks ago before the intrest was applied and then two days later my Washer stopped working it would not spin/agitate . My clothes where sopping wet and covered in soap. What, was my washer hard wired into my checking account or WHAT.
    I went to the Maytag Website and was told when I tried to set up an appointment for a repairman to come to my home to repair it, I was told there were no repairman appintments in my area. WHAT! But they would give me the names of some in my area that I could freaking call myself. WHAT! Is that some kinda service or WHAT! Well it gets better after I called and set up an appointment with a local repairman he came by and took my washer apart told me it was the transmission and that it needed to be replaced. Okay. he also told me that it was caused by washing rugs and quilts/blankets/comforters. Okay the goof at the store told me something different. Well after a week the part was in, PROBABLY CAME FROM MARS. A WEEK. ANOTHER GEOGRAPHICAL ODDITY. Well today my part was placed and I can now wash clothes and not risk my life at the laudry mat. I loaded my washer NO COMFORTERS/BLANKET/ QUILTS NOR RUGS MIND YOU. After the washer stopped. I opened it up ready to get to the bottom of the weeks worth of laundry of a family of four when what to my weary eyes did I see my sopping soapy wet clothes. OKAY NO MORE MAYTAGS FORM ME. GIVE ME A RIVER AND A BLAME ROCK.