Maytag / don't buy the extended warranty from maytag!

They take their time to fix the appliances and don't come. I am still waiting for my washer to get fix and it will take 8 weeks to get the washer fix assuming they do come and have the parts.

My washer is leaking and it took 3 weeks for someone to come out. When the technician did come, he said the last technician forgot to secure the motor with a latch. (That means I had a unsecured motor for a year.) It will take 2 more weeks for someone to come to secure it so a total of 5 weeks of waiting.That day, no one came.

But to top it off, I called and asked the status and ALL FIVE REPRESENTATIVES said he was scheduled to come... they lied. The last rep even said he would come even after 5pm... so I waited.

Finally, I called again and the rep said that the technician wasn't able to come.. gee it was already 5:30 after the scheduled time. The technician should of called me or the 5 REPRESENTATIVE should of told me instead of me waiting. It will take another 2 weeks for someone to come out.

I called this week to confirm someone would come out and... they don't have me scheduled... so I can schedule another appt it and it will take another 2 weeks. That is 8 weeks, 2 months till the washer gets fixed assuming the technician comes and the last technician diagnosis it properly.

Comments

• Su
      3rd of Feb, 2007

If you are still within your 1 year manufacturer's warranty, you should call A & E Factory Service at 800-905-9505 - they handle issues for Maytag's first year now.

If you have an Extended Service Contract (Maytag Dependability Plus), look on your certificate and find the # that you need to call for service and they should be able to look into this. Most service providers normally have a 10 day time frame (to diagnosis the problem within 10 days - this info will be on your contract Terms & Conditions also) - with the exception that parts are on backorder. MDP does not have any control over the parts being delivered but with the recent transfer of service from ABS to A & E there have been some issues.

I hope this helps you some and that you get this resolved!
    Let me know if I can help further!

• Da
      24th of Aug, 2007

My daughter had an Admiral Refrigerator serviced by Maytag Dependebility Plus for the past seven years. Somewhere along the line they got her listed with a new refrigerator that she never purchased because they update your information by unrequested information from sales companies. After paying for service on the only refrigerator she has owned for 7 years her unit went bad. Maytag Dependability agreed that they had her old unit in their system but since they changed it to a new unit she should have caught the change on the bottom of her contract that they made by mistake and now they wont service the product.