Mattress Firm / broken promise

We purchased a $4000 Tempur-pedic mattress and ergo adjustable base from Mattress Firm on Friday, 3/13/09, our 10 year anniversary. Our sales person, Ben, was very nice and informative. We were on our way to buy at Gallery Furniture. Ben promised that Mattress Firm provides Red Carpet delivery, they have everything in-stock, and, since they are just down the street from us, we thought okay, we'll buy from these guys instead! Well, we were assured the delivery would take place the next day, Sat, between 6 and 9 pm. They had the mattress protectors we purchased brought in from another store which we stopped in Sat afternoon to pick-up. I talked to William and he assured us everything was set for the delivery today. He was working with a couple who also purchased a ergo adj bed for delivery tonight. Anyway, at 7:30 pm we get a call from a lady at the store, who said they could not deliver our bed today due to a paperwork error, and the soonest would be Sunday from 4 to 7 pm. We had already stripped our old bed of the mattress pad, sheets, blankets etc. and took down pictures and moved things - it looks like a bomb went off in our bedroom - in preparation for the delivery. Now we will have to put things back together to sleep tonight, and it just spoils the anticipation we were expecting from the purchase. We gave up our Saturday night invites from friends to be home to get our new mattress. We have yet to hear from our sales person, store manager or anyone of authority. So, what does this mean about their customer service if we do have other problems.?

Damage Resulting
We lost an evening of fun with friends, and they spoiled the excitement we felt about our new bed. Next time, we will go to Gallery Furniture, as I know Mattress Mack would not let this happen to his customers!

Ge

Comments

21st of Mar, 2009

This man forgot to tell you that Mattress Firm will refund your entire delivery fee back to you if the delivery is not as promised. Also, from my experience, they have GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE! The best around! They have professional and courteous salespeople who truly care about their customers.

• Co
      26th of Apr, 2009

I have purchased from them myself and they ran into an issue and refunded my delivery with no problems. Also not to sound rude but you scheduled the delivery for Sat night when you purchased the bed so you lost that evening with your friends yes, but that was not the their fault. Plus you were able to get your bed that very next day, so why is that such a big deal. Plus all you had to do for the night was put sheets on and there ya go! Your making something into a bigger deal then it needs to be. Yes they should have been there Sat but they weren't. One last thing, why would you expect someone to call you? If you really had an issue with this you would have demanded someone call you.

• To
      17th of Nov, 2010

You were that inconvenienced by a 24 hour delay-I waited 2 weeks for my tempur-pedic bed. Cry me a river little rich girl.

• Ag
      30th of Dec, 2010

I have been shopping for a new mattress and I am leaning more towards a Tempur-pedic. What I discovered is that you do not need the higher end ones. You just get a thicker mattress which you do not need unless you weigh a 1000 lb +. You have to think like an engineer and you'll soon understand that it is all about density (pcf), and stresses. I am buying the cloud which is one of their cheapest $1500 for a queen excluding the base), and has the right density for an adult between 100 and 250 lb.
    I have not dealt with lasting Impressions and cannot provide specific comments. However, as an engineer, I alway do my homework first by gathering as much relevant data/information. The first thing I did is checked the first customer reference listed used on their website. Check out this website to see for yourselves what I found (you be the judge whether it is or it is not relelvant)

I also placed a phone call (573-382-6445) and all I got was a voice message. I agree with some of the postings like " If it looks to good to be true ..." . Always remember the famous latin sayingt "caveat emptor" which means "buyer beware".
    Good luck with your search !