Menu
Mattress Firm Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Mattress Firm
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.3 259 Reviews

Mattress Firm Complaints Summary

19 Resolved
240 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Mattress Firm with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Mattress Firm has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Mattress Firm. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Mattress Firm reviews & complaints 259

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Mattress Firm reviews & complaints

C
7:09 pm EST

Mattress Firm - Refund

On February 9, 2024 I went to mattress firm to purchase a mattress as associate convince me to buy the mattress base that moves. I wasn’t sure if it was going to fit in my frame, but I purchased it in the hopes that it would. My order was delivered on February 11,2024. The adjustable bedframe would not fit with my actual bedframe. It was way too short so I...

A
6:48 pm EST

Mattress Firm - Mattress sagging and previous warranty denial. Case [protected]

I had previously made a warranty request for a Mattress I purchased in 2017, at your store located in 4609 Shelbyville Road, Louisville, Ky 40207. As indicated in the claim form, I submitted pictures of the damage, a description of the damaged mattress as well as all the invoice data, including the customer number, invoice number and all of the mattre...

3:36 pm EST

Mattress Firm Mattress not compatible with the adjustable base

I needed to order a new mattress from "mattress firm" to go over the current Serta motion Iseries base for adjustable bed. I was happy with the delivery and new mattress. Unfortunately, the new mattress was not compatible with the previous adjustable base I already have. It won't work.

Are you able to help me out? What can I do? Warranty?

Mary U.

Claimed loss: Total sale of mattress and adjustable base = $2,495.47 0/03/2021

Desired outcome: Receive a mattress and adjustable base that are compatible and work well together.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Mattress Firm representatives only. If you are affiliated with Mattress Firm, please claim your business to access these details.

P
11:20 pm EST

Mattress Firm - Tempur-pedic luxe breeze king size purchased at mattress firm

I agree with a class action lawsuit. I've never spent more on a mattress than on the Luxe Breeze king size. I'm only 1 person switching from one side to the other. I have a sag on the left and feel like I'm sliding down a hill. The right side has a dent. This all started just after 1 year after purchase. I've been playing dueling emails with them wanting...

P
12:28 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Mattress Firm - Poor customer service/lack of communication/mattress not delivered

Stephen King Case Number: [protected] Order Number LMECGA7RYZOK I bought a mattress for my bed at a Mattress Firm store a few months ago and was very happy with the salesman and the mattress I took home. On Sunday evening, October 29, 2023, late at night, I was online to look at what kind of mattress to use for my guest bedroom, as I had just bought a new...

B
4:03 pm EDT

Mattress Firm Base and mattress

Workers comp. bought a mattress and frame for my Husband and has been one problem after another, now the base is a split and it was supposed to be in sync with the other side now at night while we are sleeping it will start going up or down by itself, the salesman we received it from is very rude and very short on the phone. If we had known that this company does not honor their product, we would have never gotten this bed, my husband is a disabled Veteran and a Disabled Police Officer, we will be spreading the word about this company and how they do not stand behind their product.

Desired outcome: NONE

S
12:12 pm EDT

Mattress Firm Sales Staff

On 8/25/2023, we talked with the salesperson at the store about our needs. One of our beds is a platform bed. It was suggested a low profile box spring and mattress were what we needed. We purchased both a when it arrived, we were shocked at the height. The box spring and mattress was 32" high. I am 5'3" and 67 years old and was concerned about getting in and out of the bed. I called the store and left a message for our salesperson but my call was not returned. The following day, I spoke to another salesperson about our concern. The salesperson ask "What do you want us to do about it?".

We ended up lowering the frame as far down as it would go so I could work with it. I think a Bunkie Board would have been the best option but was told the low profile box spring wasn't much different except with the extra support.

In the end, we are disappointed with Mattress Firm. We expected better!

G
8:25 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Mattress Firm - Tempurpedic mattress and sales person not telling us all the information

We bought a mattress a month ago, Top of line medium Temperpedic $5k mattress. Sales person said she could check the outlet to find if we could get it cheaper. She was so excited, told us we won the lottery of mattresses by being able to get a discount. After a month the mattress is too hard, way too hard and my back ache and shoulder aches are extreme to...

R
5:24 pm EDT

Mattress Firm Perfect Sleeper

I purchased a perfect sleeper mattress and box in January 2023. The mattress is sagging in the middle. They said they would replace it but that is is going to cost $100.00 to have it delivered. This is wrong. Why should I have to pay another delivery fee when it is not my fault the mattress is defected.

This should be delivered and no charge,

The customer code # CS033202856

Case # [protected]

Please let me know what can be done.

I am a very upset customer who has bought several items from your company and if nothing is going to be done it will be the last time

Raymond Burr

View 0 more photos
2:03 am EDT

Mattress Firm Multiple Defective Products. Absurd Hoops To Jump through for Warranty

Mattress firm is an absolute scam. Got a mattress from them that sagged. They sent out a replacement that sagged a year later. A huge crater developed and I’m not a big person nor move a lot. They wanted multiple pictures that would require manual labor. For example they wanted a picture of the bed frame by itself. The mattress by itself and the box spring by itself. All of which were purchased from mattress firm.

Note in the one picture a full styrofoam container could fit in the crater.

I’m in the process of filing a lawsuit to force them to honor their warranty. I’d suggest everyone else do the same.

Desired outcome: New mattress replacement that isn’t defective.

2:06 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Mattress Firm Sold defective bed and refused to help in any way

We purchased a adjustable queen cool mattress and base at Mattress Firm in Fort Worth TX. It was purchased in May 2022. When they set it up they stripped the leg screw area and it won't connect and support the bed. We've called several times with no help. This last time we were told that they don't fix anything physically wrong with the bed only mechanical. For the amount of money we paid it is obscene.

Desired outcome: Either Fix the bed or replace it. Take some pride in your products.

H
12:45 pm EDT

Mattress Firm Purchased a beautyrest pressuresmart queen mattress about

The mattress has started to permanently "sag" and nor return to normal after days of non-use. How do I file a complaint on-line? Please either give an exact link with precise address points for starting. Or advise whether MF can just mail to me or email to me the exact form(s) to complete with all the requested photos.

Purchased 9/02/2020 at Store #159003 in Delaware
Customer # AX-C016217001
Invoice # AX-S032394007
MFRM Ticket1
[protected]
Thanks,
Ocean Pines, MD.

Desired outcome: Complete a warranty submission

K
8:25 pm EDT

Mattress Firm Serta series bedrm pillow

Hello, my name is Karilyn Taylor, I brought this Serta Pillow in January of this year at the location at 498 5th ave, bklyn, ny. I took the pillow case off this wk because I wasn’t feeling good about the pillow, and I see the pillow was use because it has cracks, also holes on it, dirty. I paid a $100.00 for this pillow, and it shouldn’t look like this, so can u look into this matter, and get back to me. My num is [protected].

Karilyn Taylor

R
7:47 pm EDT

Mattress Firm defective mattress

I have a mattress that's depleted again. This is the second mattress that gotten from mattress firm and it seem you guys sell cheaply made. If i don't get a response im file a court report. you guys cant keep giving me defective mattress.i believe the first mattress was bought 4 years ago then after it was 2 years. i don't know any specific dates it should be on file.you can look me up by my phone number or address John O'Brien 262-71st street brooklyn new york 11209

Desired outcome: new mattress and a better quality one.

View 0 more photos
S
9:16 pm EDT

Mattress Firm Pressure smart mattress & wrong one

9/25/22 I had my 1st mattress pressure smart delivered. I woke up with back aches but figured I had to get use to it. 11/22/22 called to complain and they said I needed 6 mo for my back to get use to it. Jan I called and said it was only getting worse. I needed a hard one per my chiropractor which I was seeing more often because of the bed. I decided I wanted the old fashion mattress with springs/coils, not the pressure smart one. I had to pay another $1,000 which included delivery. I had to wait till one showed up at the return warehouse. So I waited. Jason told me that I would not have a warranty and I said I would be comfortable with the old fashioned one. I was on my old one - it just had some soft spots and it was old. So 3/5/23 my new one was delivered. It was hard and I loved it at first and then I realized it did not have the coils or springs, that it was another pressure smart mattress just harder. I cannot use it cuz of my type of back problems. I called and reported to Jessie the problem. He told me there was no warranty. I said but it was not the mattress I was suppose to get so that didn't count and I paid an xtra $1,000. Jason to this day has never called me back cuz at another store and no one has called back either. I called numerous times.

Desired outcome: my hard mattress with coil or springs. I didn't care that someone returned it cuz they clean it like new. Or come get this mattress and clear the loan off my books but I would rather have the mattress. [protected]@yahoo.com

Read full review of Mattress Firm
Update by Stevie Ferris (Stephanie)
May 10, 2023 3:56 pm EDT

Still no comments from Mattress Factory and why I paid the xtra $1,000 to get coil or springs instead of the pressure smart mattress is not right. I want a cheaper bed - more comfortable for my type of back problem and they sent me the Wrong mattress and so not I have to suffer and I am every day my back get worse but with a $1800 owing on a bed that is killing my back is ridiculous so I hope no one buys without really checking into it.

D
12:57 pm EDT

Mattress Firm Kings Down bed

purchased a queen kings down bed from mattress firm in may of 2021 have issues with sagging and lump forming in middle I did all required by mattress firm sent pictures of sagging that they required including the law tag.upon looking at the law tag i noticed my bed had 2 manufacturing dates one on 2019 and one on 2021 that stated it was sanitized I did not purchase a used bed I was denied saying normal wear but they would never answer my question about the law tag and the 2 different manufacturing dates and the sanitized.I am at my wits end they will not respond at all. besides sleeping on a lumpy uncomfortable bed I have to think where was this bed for 2 years. please anything you can do to help me would be much appreciated Thank you

Desired outcome: I want a replacement of this bed for the exact purchase price I paid 2399 dollars

2:48 pm EDT

Mattress Firm Delivery

Hello I am emailing to send a complaint on delivery and store error. My husband went to your capital hill location to purchase my mother who has spinal fracture a bed. The bed was supposed to be delivered over a week ago. Today after calling 5 different times and speaking to your manager Nick who lacks customer service and professionalism tells me that the bed wasn't delivered due to an error on their behalf. My husband paid the mattress in full and the store rep had it short by a few cents. I am livid that my mother has had to sleep on the couch with her back hurting. And the lack of urgency from your team is upsetting. Why did it take for me to yell and be upset for someone to figure out what's going on. At this point my husband is driving all the way to your warehouse in summer to pick up the bed (which is quit a distance from where we live one hour away) since mattress firm is incompetent to get the job they were paid for done.

2:04 pm EST

Mattress Firm Cooling hybrid pillow

On february 11, 2023 i went into the mattress firm in wytheville va and bought a cooling pillow and was told that i would receive it in 5-7 business days. I have contacted that store multiple times requesting a refund. The employees basically told me that they couldn't give me a refund and for me to stop calling them. I looked online today and it hasn't even been shipped. All i want is my money back but i keep getting refused. I can't contact the store because the store told me not to call back.

Desired outcome: A REFUND

12:16 pm EST

Mattress Firm Customer service/Delivery

We purchased a mattress from Mattress Firm an scheduled a delivery for saturday. The delivery from the warehouse went to the wrong side of town, they did not call or verify with us. We had another delivery scheduled for monday. I took time off and the warehouse again failed to deliver the mattress that we ordered. They have now said that they can't deliver it today. I verified the address in multiple map sites and the address is correct.

Desired outcome: I want my purchase delivered, I need to be compensated for my lost time due to their horrible customer service. I would like a call or email from a manager.

A
7:54 pm EST

Mattress Firm Online order never received - delay in refund

This is not against a store location. It is for the online purchase. Repeat customer even though mattress received in 2018 was not good after 1 yr even with flipping/rotating it. Ordered mattress online 2/14/23 after consulting for best one. Delivery scheduled for 2/20 5:45pm - 7:45pm. Decent time since figured we be last stop of where I lived. 2 hr window expired so looking at tracking to further advise another 8:30 to 9:05 after about 40 min delay. So tracked. It said 12 of 15 they were on. We were15th stop. 9:05 arrived and still no one, went on line to track and still no show! Tried to call anyone and everyone closed. So went and tried to stay up for the last window which ended at 11:05. Still no show and no call ever! Still waited till 11:30pm just in case he got lost. Not to mention no mattress for us now because delivery driver was supposed to be on his way. Next morning 2/21 called to see if he still in area and can deliver since sleeping on couch was rough. Mind you back issues hence reason new mattress purchase. Well she told me that driver could not find the address (we supplied telephone number) and best could do was 3 days later. When they tried to gps why not call for clarification. I told her to forget it and just give me my money back so can get a mattress before then. Will run into same issue if he didn't even call. Order was cancelled (so I thought) and advised it would take 7-14 business days to received credit. So asked her to please expedite since never received product. Never received confirmation on cancellation. But 3/2/23 received an email message that now delivering mattress in a week. Why if I cancelled order? How for an order I cancelled. Mind you everything this is automated so can't get anyone except through a chat because apparently online orders are different from store location orders. So chatted again shortly after receiving email and said don't see cancellation so will cancel and send billing a message to expedite. Should happen within 24 hrs. Well did not so next day chatting again and tell me 7-14 business days. Not happening! I am not waiting from today for another 7-14 business days from 3/1/23 because they did not cancel. She would not give me a manager or billing contact I could call. So had to settle for chatting with her telling me she would send manager and message to call me and will send billing a message but can not guarantee. Told her unacceptable. Here I am without a mattress because I need that money to get another one. I am very upset and disappointed to say the least! No extra effort to correct the situation. I just want my money refunded asap. Really sad because I liked them when I got my first mattress even though lasted only a year.

Desired outcome: Expedite refund. An apology. If they feeling generous for my aggravation, store credit for a day bed for guest room.

Read full review of Mattress Firm

Mattress Firm has reached out and rectified situation.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Mattress Firm contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Mattress Firm?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Mattress Firm Customer Service. Initial Mattress Firm complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Mattress Firm above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Mattress Firm. Discuss the issues you have had with Mattress Firm and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.