10500 Ulmerton Rd Ste 854, Largo, FL, 33771, US
Fri:10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sat:10:00 am - 8:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

the mattress we bought from mattress firm

On 11/14/2017 we bought a mattress from Mattress Firm Largo #[protected] Ulmerton Rd. Ste 854, Largo, FL 33771, Phone: [protected]. Today, 11/27/2018 the mattress is very saggy and is giving us back aches and it has lost it's ability to support our bodies. We bought this mattress because of it's firmness and especially while sitting on the edge where it was so firm and high that our feet could barely touch the floor. Now it just plain sags and our feet are flat on the floor.

We sink into a hole when laying on it and the once firm edges now sag so much that if sleeping near the edge a person can slide right out of bed. We do not know what the warranty is as I can't find it on the literature, however we paid $962.99 for this whole bed package and assumed there was a 10 year warranty. It seems to me we were told this by the sales person at time of purchase. The tag number off the Queen mattress is V000067319. It is a Serta made in Riviera Beach, FL.

We need to resolve this issue as soon as possible as our chiropractor bill is getting out of hand and we have to keep going back for back adjustments due to the mattress.

scam and cheating!

I read a complaint on this site about being registered for a Mattress Firm Visa through Wells Fargo Bank without authorizing it. The same thing happened to my husband and I after financing the purchase of tempur-pedic mattress. We are in the process of trying to get a mortgage so I am hoping that it will not adversely affect our credit score. I don't see how companies are allowed to do this. Looks like it must be company policy since I'm in Largo FL and the other complaint was from Oklahoma.

• Ce
    Celia Feb 29, 2008

Actually, when you signed up through Wells Fargo, the application clearly has a VISA logo on it. What you are signing up for a is VISA with a Mattress Firm logo that has a Mattress Firm subaccount. Our salesperson very clearly explained that to us.

• Un
    UNKNOWN Mar 11, 2008

When you apply for credit whether it be a Visa or a credit line at any Retailer they check your credit. This does adversly affect your credit score slight but no more than a few points. You might want to become a little more credit savvy and realize any-time your applying for CREDIT the institution has to check you credit score in order to issue credit.

As far a being company policy I am sure Wells Fargo much like every other Financial Institution issue you a privacy notice with your first bill per federal law and if you read that it goes over the in and outs of your private info and details how to keep it private.

• Am
    Amanda Baltz Jul 19, 2008

I agree I should have read the application more closely. However there was just too much to read and the sales guy did not explain to us that it was also a credit card application. I do understand how the financing works for zero percent but thought it was strickly through the bank and not as a credit card per say. What was even wierder is that we were enrolled in two separate credit card accounts, that the balance or charges for the mattress weren't even charged to. I basically just close the two credit accounts upon receiving them. And watched my credit score go up upon closing those accounts and many others.

• Je
    jerry dudek Dec 02, 2008

With the exceptions of buying a house or a car (or a very large purchase that has some value to it, i.e. boat) every time you ask for financing it is a credit card process. Your mattress, even a Tempur-pedic, has no value to a bank or lending institution once you've slept on it. They're not goint to repossess it. What do you think the money is being given to you for??? When applying for financing, the lending institution will give you a credit limit. If the mattresses you bought is less than the credit limit, you have an open line of credit if you wish to activate it. Blaming the Mattress Firm calling them cheaters and scammers is ludicrous. Who do you think is paying the interest on your loan? Not Wells Fargo. The Mattress Firm (and any other retailer which uses financing) actually makes less money when a customer finances as sale then if it was paid by credit card. Financing is offered to make the purchase easier for the customer.

Mattress LADY! Mar 21, 2009

Thanks Jerry! You took the words right out of my mouth!!! It;s not Mattress Firm's fault, it''s your fault for being so ignorant!

• Co
    cooburns May 16, 2009

Ok if you financed the bed you are going to get a Visa/Store card in the mail. If you didn't provide them with personal info like SSN and BirthDate how would have signed you up for that? So you can see that yes it is indeed your fault not the company. Having a store CC on your credit should not affect you buying a home that much. If they turned you down for a home loan it's not at all because you have a store CC.

• Hu
    Huggie Bear Apr 08, 2011

This is one of those situations where an idiot with more money than sense did not wished to be bothered by details. The application is very simple and you signed more than just one sheet all of which explained what was happening and what you were signing for. As Cooburns stated if it is a scam in any way it is the store who is loosing out. This is more than being credit savy this is paying attention and your laziness. It was not important enough for you to be bothered by such simple things as read what you sign. One of the oldest and truest rules in the book. Instead of jumping on here and blaming everyone else ask yourself what part did I play in this.

Memphis, TN

• Ki
    kindcwby67 Jan 31, 2012

Read these responses, obviously from the ### salespeople working at Mattress Firm. This is how they respond to customer complaints that are legitimate by making people feel like ###s. There are other stores to buy a mattress at and get the same brands and same quality!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices