ADVERTISIMENT

Mattress Firmbed bugs in my mattress

O Review updated:

I bought a discount mattress from the Mattress Firm Norcross store in GA at the end of the month of September. It had a stained corner and therefore it was sold as discounted. It was a good price and had a no-return policy which I gladly accepted because the stain was not that bad.

However, after returning from a two week vacation, and when my wife and I started sleeping on it for the first time, we started feeling some itching on our legs, by the second day, when we woke up in the morning we had half of our bodies covered with what we then identified as bed bug bites.

I reported the issue to the store manager, even sent pictures of the bugs, but the store manager was very rude and cared little about supporting me. He indicated that he could do nothing because it was a discount product with a no-return policy. He also insinuated that the pictures were not taken in the mattress he sold me; that he did not recognize the pattern. (Short of calling me a liar)

He argues that there is a no return policy. I argue that yes, there is a no return policy, but that only applies to the conditions in which he sold me the mattress, i.e. the stain in the corner. Since he never disclosed that there were bugs on the product, I believe that the product he sold me is a health hazard. I even consulted with my personal doctor and he told me that I should not sleep on that mattress under any circumstance because it is a major health risk.

I am not trying to return the mattress because of I changed my mind or I don't like it anymore; the only reason I am returning it because it caused damage to me and my wife in the form of bad and very uncomfortable bites all over our bodies, and because it is a major health risk for me to keep that mattress in my home.

I am very, very dissatisfied by the unprofessional and the rude treatment by this manager. His name is Edward Camen, from the Norcross Store, in GA.

I think suggesting that I took pictures somewhere else, not on the mattress is a major insult for me as a customer, and only shows the interest of this person to cover his back.

My wife and I are currently sleeping in the couch because we have not received any solution from Mr. Camen. I am very disappointed at his service, rudeness, and lack of interest, and I don't think I deserve a treatment like this even if I buy a discount product.

• To
    Toni Diamond-Bingham May 03, 2021

I have been reading up and trying to figure out why there are bed bugs embedded in my adjustable frame. They are LITERALLY under the fabric. I didn't see any in the mattress but they were definitely making their way to get to my nice succulent blood. I had bug bites everywhere. I just purchased a new home. I ordered the bed and it was delivered on Christmas Eve. I have not traveled due to Covid. I work from home and if I go anywhere, it is to the grocery store so I don't understand where they came from. I have not slept in my bed in over a month and the exterminator is charging me almost $3K to get rid of them that is not 100%. They are only in my room and no where else. I am sleeping on a Futon in my office instead of sleeping in my $6000 bed I worked hard to pay for. Can someone PLEASE help me.

• Tw
    Twistoffaith May 11, 2017

I beg to differ. My daughter just got her bed and slept in it for the 1st time 3 nights ago. Woke up to bits and pulled off the comforter to see the bedbug run and she caught it and put it in a plastic bag. $1700.00 dollar loss. Why was the bed not treated before delivery due to her buying the floor model because they were out of stock and said it was from Sleepy's and now under Mattress Firm. The girl got her 1st apartment and it has been a nightmare ever since. Not done with them. Thinking of taking them to court for all the money she has put out and still getting bites.

• Wr
    wrangle Feb 06, 2011

You probably brought the bed bugs back with you from where ever you are travelling. If there were bed bugs in a retail location, they would be immediately noticable.

• Be
    Becky_Hall8 Apr 17, 2010

That bug looks like it was found on your garden and placed directly on top of your mattress. Bed bugs look like ticks, not beatles.

James A. Johnson Mar 03, 2010

Why does the fabric/stitching of the mattress differ from the first picture and the four pictures with the bed bugs??

Comment Guidelines