MagicJack / charges on my att billing

1 IL, United States Review updated:

This month when I received my AT@T telephone bill I had an extra billing by Universal Call Plan Inc. for 19.95 plus loacal and federal charges and tax coming to a total of 21.45.
I called AT@T and they told me It coud be a scam. I called the USBI number and I did not get a direct answer as to what this pertains too.
They said it was for long distance calls in the U.S. and canada. I did not sign up for this, and I told them I was not going to pay. I don't know even know what it pertains to.
Can you clarify this this?
Could this be a scam by Google? Thank you.

Comments

• Pr
      5th of Nov, 2009

William, Magic Jack isnt even affiliated with At&t. The Phone # s dont even relate to At&t. There is no long distance charges with magicjakc except for over seas calls and they dont even use at&t for communications. Its broadband internet. Someone in your house oe close by has ordered that service on your phone with your acct information. Ill say it clear.. MagicJack has nothing even close to do with AT&T. Ie: Its like buying a car and saying you got a much higher electric bill at your home and asking if buying the car had anything to do with it. No.. Hope this helps