Macysrip off company

Mattress was defective, so they tried to charge me $130 for the return of the box spring + 10% restocking fee and they were sold to us as a set! After they took it back they charged my credit card. They took my regular macy credit card payment and put a portion toward the mattress payment leaving my minimum credit card payment below the minimum payment amount resulting in a tacked on late fee of $28.00. Check your statements and make sure when dealing with them you are sure to Read everything carefully and let them know right away if you are not satisfied.

Comments

• Su
      Dec 12, 2008
    Macys - very dissapointed
    Macys

I bought a sectional, the salesperson wrote down the wrong info in the order sheet and they delivered the wrong piece. I had to call several times to clear that. When I contacted the sales associate directly he told me he was going to call me back and I waited and waited. I had to call him again and explain that I was buying the expensive sectional because of very important guests coming from out of state. I asked him if they could re deliver the soonest posible and of course he never got back to me and my guests are already gone. After two weeks of waiting the delivery arrived just to see THE FLOOR SAMPLE delivered when I paid the price of a new one. Macys does not care about customer service. When you are buying and before your credit card is taken they are so so nice but once you paid forget it!

• Ka
      Nov 12, 2009
    Macys - fraud
    Macys

I purchased a chair in the fall of 2017. The chair was delivered and I signed for it. The store made a mistake and put the purchase on my regular account. Which I paid before the bill was due. 3 months later I received another bill saying I owed for another chair that was purchased on my large purchase account. I did not sign for 2 chairs just one. I have asked them from the very beginning to show proof I was delivered 2 chairs. They have not been able to do so. What they have done is destroy my peace by the constant phone calls, my faith in a store that was once a great place to shop. And the worst part is my credit is destroyed, which was once in the 800's. I will never purchase anything from this store again. There are much better stores to shop than Macys. Their customer service department sucks, there are no cashiers when you need one, unless you speak 3 other languages other than english, you are not going to understand the people on the floor.

• Ho
      May 18, 2010
    Macys - rude female rep
    Macys

I bought a watch of other brand and went to DKNY counter to adjust the chain. Two customers were there besides the counter waiting. I came over to ask where to adjust the chain. A male rep told me where the line is. One customer left with her watch adjusted minutes later, so I came over to give my watch. I don't know which rep works for DKNY and which rep is responsible for chain adjustment. Now a female black rep pointed and yelled this was DKNY counter, DKNY customers went first, you had to wait. She was extremely rude and loud to clear the area at the front of the counter. How do I know the other customer is DKNY customer? (She may be choosing watches or waiting to adjust watch chain too) If customers came over to fix chain, where are they supposed to stand then? I saw one standing closely by the counter!!! And she was gone when I was waiting!!! Stupid rep just doesn't know how to say in a nice way and respect customers.

• Macys - credit cards
    macys
    Florida

Take responsibility for yourself. When you sign for a credit card, all details are available. There is no bill and the company you're purchasing from is not obligated to send you a "bill." You make the purchase, be aware you owe on it in the next bill period. If you don't make the payment, whether they send you a statement or not, you are late. You can save your receipts and calculate your own payment, go to the store and enquire, or call the company. If they give you a store account and a major credit card account, you need to be aware of the two different account numbers, and where and what your are charging on them. Don't moan and groan and accuse company's of cheating you when you blithely ignore understanding the details of your credit accounts, borrow money by using them, and then fail to make proper payments. Grow up and take responsibility for your own actions!

• Gn
      Sep 30, 2010
    Macys - messup that I paid for
    Macys

Macy's recently sent an email to me thanking me for my payment. Two days later I received another email that the first email was a mixup. I promptly paid my bill (2 days late by now due to their initial error that confirmed I had paid - I usually pay online so figured I scheduled it and didn't write down my confirmation). Now they are billing me a 39.00 late fee even though I have talked to 2 agents and supervisor. They provide the worst service ever and I am making it my mission to share

• Je
      Jan 02, 2011
    Macys - bill payment methods
    MACYS

I recently got a Macys credit card. When I went online to pay the bill there was no way to pay it with my bank card. I called customer service and was told that there are 4 methods of payment:
    1. mail a check.
    2. pay by check over the phone ( $10 service fee)
    3. pay by credit card over the phone ( $15 service fee)
    4. Drive to the store and pay in person

This Credit card will be closed on my next day off, after I go to the store to pay the bill. It is easier and cheaper to use my bank card.

• Co
      Jan 08, 2011
    Macys - gift card never received
    Herald Square
    New York
    New York

Ordered Macys Gift Card for niece on December 13, 2017 waited until December 22nd and still no gift card. Called Macys Customer Service they informed me the card had already been used in their Hearld Square store on December 20th. This could not be my niece who lives 300 or more miles from this store. Customer Service would not let me speak to supervisor but lady said new gift card would be mailed that day.She also would not tell me where gift card had been mailed. Well December 28th and no card called again and they said ten business days. This time she let it slip and said the gift card had been mailed from the Hearld Square store, where it had been used, very interesting. I emailed complaint on Macys.com and got another phone number to call. On January 7th called got a very nice lady, not same place I had been calling, she said I had to wait ten business days i have waited over ten business days. Still no gift card has been mailed out. Lady was trying to help but they were giving her the runaround. This gift card was for $75.00 Macys is acting like I'm some sort of thief when they have the real thieves are working in their own stores. I paid off my credit card for this card and will never do business again with such a bad company that cannot handle their own employees who steal and lie.

Jan 19, 2011

Your furniture was probably made in china like most of it with a high price tag. And the sales people that helped you are making mimimun wage, get over it and just shut up!

Jan 19, 2011

Hello, so dont get a credit account there for 15% off your purchase, obviously its not worth it.

Jan 19, 2011

Do you think the stock holders care about your mattress? No they dont, they are just investing in the company to make a profit or return.

Feb 09, 2011

Yes, Erica. Making minimum wage to DO THEIR JOB. If Macy's wanted employees to do nothing for you or deliberately screw you over, they probably wouldn't pay them. Or at least they wouldn't pay the associates. The management is a different story.

• Su
      Apr 08, 2011
    Macys - credit card scam
    Maryland

I have been charged hefty $ 25 fines for my payments bouncing. This after I had asked them to close out the account by providing my bank checking account details. They say they could not get through. However they were able to debit $25 dollars from my bank checking account to for the fines. They did this after i contacted them again 2 more times. The last time they said I would get a refund. but now I get billed again. I have'nt been to Macy's at all since this started. They are not a legitimate business. They are daylight thieves and low lives.

• Ka
      May 18, 2011
    Macys - stay away
    Macys

MCCS called my land line at 8:35 on a Saturday morning. An automated recording instructed me to hold for an important message. I did hold because I wanted to talk to a live person and have my number removed from such an appalling system. After 3 minutes and 45 seconds the system disconnected me!

I looked, on line and found out that is was Macy's collection agency. I DO NOT HAVE A MACY"S CARD and even if I did, I couldn't have resolved anything because they disconnected me!!!

I tried to resolve this issue by calling the number back, Macy's customer service and so on. The live people I did speak too couldn't do anything without my account number, WHICH I DON"T HAVE!!

•   Dec 14, 2012

I don't think that there is a real need for any more negative comments, since this website is already filled with customers complaints against Macy's. If the HR Dept. and the Customer Relations Dept. of Macy's reads all these comments and still does not take any necessary steps to fix these types of issues, it is clear that the end of Macy's is not too far.