Macy's Customeroutsourcing

B Review updated:

After many years of shopping at Macy's, I have decided to close my account, because every time I have to call their customer service department, I am routed to India. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to understand the reps and it takes at least ten minutes for them to route my call back to the U.S. Also, giving one's SS #, mother's maiden name and other information to someone in another country is a very uncomfortable feeling.

• Do
    Done with Macys Dec 08, 2020

I have been a loyal Macy’s customer but am advising customers to never purchase a Macy’s e gift cards . I purchased one on 11/23 and the recipient could not use the card . It states the card was not valid . I called 3 separate times to get the card reissued and was told I would receive the new card each time but never did . Because they have outsourced customer service to India, they do not care about quality service . I gave up and ordered Amazon instead .

Mandi Jackson Aug 26, 2016

I have been a Macy's card holder for 18 years and spent quite a few dollars over the years and was completely disheartened and angry to find out sourcing in the customer service. I thankfully never had any issues up until the past 1 year. However I argued with someone who couldn't understand me nor wanted to help me. Her answer was return the $2500 sofa over a $10 mistake they made. Upon asking if she were American by which she tried to not answer, she was then reluctant to get me an American upon my demand. Once I got Ohio, they gladly took care of the issue. Again another incident and a person who couldn't understand. What's more infuriating is the fact that Macy's has decided to give jobs to Americans who need jobs but to Asia and India. This is enough to make me close my account. This company is not for helping Americans, but for lining their own pockets and thus contributing to the down fall of this great country. Macy's is no longer a friend.

• Ul
    ulee Jul 10, 2012

I tried my best, after having taken a Macy's charge card, to let them know, I no longer wanted the charge account. I paid in full, the entire amount of my original purchase. After I saw the interest grow and grow and I tried to call customer service to tell them to stop...and I realized I was talking to India, I was appalled. How is it, that this great part of what is supposed to be an American institution such as Macy's, being outsourced at a time when America itself needs jobs? Shameful. Shame on Macy's. I will be looking into this further.