Macy's / account number scam!

I received a bill for items charged on my Macy's charge card. I paid the bill with my on line bill payer account. Macy's rejected the bill due to what they said was an incorrect account number. The account number I used was the one they sent me. Then they began to tack on finance and late fee charges. They said I should not have included the last two numbers on the account number THEY SENT ME. I told Macy's I would pay my original bill, they could cancel any finance and late fee charges, and they could cancel my account forever. Can you imagine how much money they could obtain doing this? I am appalled.

Comments

• Li
      25th of Nov, 2007

I went 2 the Kmart store in Richfield, MN got the receipt and it indicated I could possibly win $2,500. 00 well where since I can't find such a page and where is this such page??? I really believed in Kmart thinkin wow I got a chance and having some help with gifts this year. OOPS! where did my chance go? OOPS! I was lied 2 cause it's no where 2 b found... I gotta find me a new store with TRUTH! Peace Lisa.

• Je
      26th of Nov, 2007

I am not surprised. Today I opened my statement, and they applied my payment (which was received on time) to my "Revolving Account" -- which had no balance. My "Major Purchases" account, however, did not reflect the payment due so they hit me with a late fee. So here I am with a "past due" Major Purchases account and a $250 Credit Balance on an empty "Revolving" account. I assume they will fix the error, but I agree can you imagine how many people they scam out of their money? You have to examine everything like a hawk. Who has time to fix corporate scams all day?

• Ad
      28th of Jul, 2008

I purchased 4 tickets on my Macy's credit card to go to the
    Indiana Black Expo for my husband's Birthday celebration.
    During the purchase I was told by a Macy's employee the seating arrangements would be fl2 section row L seat 11, 12, 13 & 14.
    Upon going to the concert on 7/19/08 @ 7:00pm the concert did not start until shortly after 9:00pm, We went to our seats as soon as we got there and was told by the security staff the concert has now been changed to general seating in which we was not informed of this in purchasing 50.00 tickets and an 8.40 service charge. If we would have known it was going to be general admission I would have never purchased the tickets. I feel this was false advertisement and I should be granted a full refund. Also at 11:00 all of the artist had not showed up.