Kohl's Wentzville Mo / Faulty cash register, results in them violating their own return policy!

1 Wentzville, MO, United States Review updated:

My husband bought me a beautiful braclet for Christmas this year. Unfortunately is was not very practical for me, since I could not wear it to work without something happening to it. So he agreed we would take it back.

We went into Kohl's with the original receipt, which my husband used our bank card for. When we returned the bracelet we were told by the sales girl and the manager both since he did not use his bank pin number, they could only credit our bank account the money and not give us cash. (Even though the back of the receipt clearly states all bank card returns would result in a cash refund.) At this point my husband told them the pin pad was broken the day he made the purchased, to which they both replied "ya, its been broken for awhile".

I fail to see how their broken equipment translates to us not getting our cash refund, as promised. Not to mention the fact that when he purchased the braclet, the money was taken from our account right away. Now we have to wait 2-3 buisness days for it to show back up in our account. Way to go Kohl's, you got us good but never again!

Comments

• Di
      10th of Jan, 2010

Oh my god, what a friggin' nightmare!!!

Honestly? This is really a complaint? You still got the return, didn't you? It still went through, didn't it? Everything is perfectly fine? Thought so...

Look, equipment breaks. It takes the store a long time to replace it, if ever. It sucks, i know. But please, remember, we have a signed legal document saying that you agree to all terms for purchases and returns when you signed for your card. You accepted the fact that, if returned, the money would take 2-3 days to get back to you.

Also, Kohl's is not to blame for not getting you your money faster. Blame your bank. I've returned things through credit cards and had the money in the bank on the same day. I don't know who you are using, but consider switching to someplace better.

Sincerely,
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Kohl's Employee

• Ti
      10th of Jan, 2010

You paid from your bank account, and your bank account is being credited. The fact that you're up in arms over that proves that you need to GET A LIFE!!!

• Ra
      10th of Jul, 2010

on the receipt is says you get cash for bankcard transaction which is when you pay with debit.

• Ov
      13th of Dec, 2010

Sounds to me like you wanted cash to buy some crack or something. I seriously doubt your husband knew anything about it.