Imperial Majesty Cruise Line Vacations Aka Ramada Plaza Resorts / Robbing people with hidden costs

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I have received a promotional offer for cruise line for 2, a trip to Bahamas in January 2008. My and my future husband were so happy when we heard about the deal, and thought it would be our honey moon trip.

We were told in promotion that it is approximatly, $1600 worth of vacation deal and we can just get it for 600+ dollars.

When we gave them a call they told this charge that charge and came up with $798. We though ok just go for it. After 6 months I receive a call saying u still need to pay some taxes of 150$. I asked them if there are any hidden charges please tell now. They said there are no more hidden charges. Again after 7-8 months I receive a call saying what ever I paid untill now is for only one person and I need to pay same amount again for 2nd person. Also while actually travelling I need to pay 300$ extra in taxes.

I was so devasted, in this economy, I cannot afford to waste 10$, and these people are sucking 100's of dollars. I could not afford to pay that much amount. So I was told I would loose all the amount paid untill now and also they said this would ruin my credit history as I am unable to pay liable amount.

I dont know what to do, they dont specify exact details while purchasing and now they come slowly with all the hidden charges. Please lodge my complaint so that no one else would lose money like me. Please also let me know if I could do anything about it.

Thanks,

Comments

Am
  24th of Aug, 2009

They are a big rip off. They got me for 600.00. I was told no hidden fees. We were all exited to go on a vacation for this one time fee. We could not afford to go with all these extra costs, and was denied a refund. How do they get away with this?!?!?!

Am
  24th of Aug, 2009

I was called on the phone with an offer for 3 days at orlando Florida, 3days at fort lauterdale and a 3 day cruise to the bahamas for 600.00, and told no other fees. I sent money by credit card. It turned out to be alot of trouble, and there were alot of costs involved. We just could not afford all of this. We were missled, and it was so confussing. Once they got the money they didn't care to help us with getting it going, and we were denied a refund. What started to be a wonderful thing turned out to be a scam in my book. I feel violated to be ripped off by a company like this. BE VERY CAREFULL OF RAMADA RESORTS!! IS THERE ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE?!?!?!

Ma
  30th of Nov, 2009

I live on the West Coast and had never taken an East Coast Cruise.
Ramada resorts offered me a 'deal'. What a joke. I took my wife on what we
had to jokingly call 'the white trash cruise'. We're pretty basic, classy, but not snobs.

The 'hotel' rooms supplied were unclean, unmade, and unacceptable. If I took off my flip flops and walked from carpet to shower, my feet became black from their carpets.

Their ploy is to give you such crappy rooms that their 'resort' is 'impressive' by comparison. We had to go through some sketchy areas to get to the hotels.
The cruise ship then turned out to be the oldest and most beat up ship of the Carnival Line.

The 'sales seminar' ran far longer than acceptable, and all their speeches were canned, over-rehearsed, and insincere. They were disingenuous and condescending.

I'm a wedding DJ by trade (sad, I know) but I treat my clients with deference and courtesy. Being originally from back East, I wanted to see what the big deal was about
Florida Cruises. It turns out the trip was more like a B movie that even Steve Gutenberg would turn down.

I would say: AVOID RAMADA RESORTS.

I remember coming home afterward and how grateful I was to be in my own shower.
Our tub enclosure was light years nicer than Ramada Resorts.

Dr
  27th of Apr, 2011

I went on the vacation, and found much the same! the rooms dirty, the prices no better than I would have previously gotten, however now 2 years later, they are coming after me and saying that I didn't pay the whole amount, and that they are going to charge me MORE! Even if I don't take any of the other packages!
DON"T use these people!
Don't throw out ANY of your documentation! I am trying to find ways to fight them!