HSBC Credit Card / reported me deceased

61 oak driveMount Wolf, PA, United States
Phone: 717-751-6940
a few years ago i had a credit card through HSBC. We were in the process of moving and i forgot to give them my new phone number and address. upon moving a friend of mine asked if she could take over my old phone number as a second line into her house. i said sure. some time had passed then my husband and i were starting to look into buying a home. our realtor did a credit check on us and i came up deceased. quite upset about this i had called my friend to tell her this. come to find out HSBC was calling my old number, my friends new number, she became tired of the phone calls that came in about 10 times a day. instead of her giving them my new phone number she told them i died.. about 2 day's later HSBC called her back for the date of my death and she gave them a date of january 21st. instead of HSBC getting any documentation on this, like they are suppose to they immediatly through me in the credit bureau as deceased. i had called HSBC and they told me i needed to notorize a copy of my drivers license and fax it to the deceased department then it would be taking care of... they took care of nothing... i called back a few months ago same thing notorized copy of drivers license. i asked the lady if she had a notorized copy of my death certificate and of course she said no... the point of my story is my girlfriend can just say i'm dead without proof but i can't call and tell them i'm alive..i'm unable to obtain a job because employers do a soft check on your credit plus i cannot apply for a car, home or anything else you need credit for...it's really pretty scary when you think about it...
Su