Having problems with HSBC Holdings?

+44 122 626 1010 (Non HSBC Bank customers)
+44 122 626 0260 (Premier Banking Customers)
+44 122 626 0878 (Business Banking Customers)
+44 345 712 5563 (Textphone)
PO Box 6125,
Coventry, England, West Midlands
United Kingdom - CV39GW

Complaints & Reviews

freaking rip off

We bought a bowflex over a year ago and have paid 40.00 a month on it on time. Well we get a call saying we are behind 2 months. My husband asked why and they said our interest rate had been raised an now our payments are 72.00 a month. I don't think that is right. they said it was in the fine print. I never saw it neither did my husband. Only about 18.00 a month went towards paying on the balance. Our balance has only gone down maybe 75.00 to 100.00 in a year and 3 months. It pisses me off. How long as i going to have to pay for this thing. Bowflex either needs to change banks they finance through or something. I am going to end up paying 3 times as much for this thing. With taxes next year we are paying this off ans getting them out of our lives. Freaking rip off.

maria M Oct 14, 2009

same here.

• Ju
    judy eakin Jul 26, 2010

my husband and i bought a bowflex our payment 20.00 a mounth.and it was financed with hsbc. bowflex has never send us any paper work stating our agreement with them or hsbc. and little do we know after 12 mounths our payment would go up to 59.00 amount.and that if you didnt pay on the date it was due.that you had a late fee of 39.95.bowflex is missleading people so they can get that sail.and it rightly pisses me off.if any one else is haveing trouble with this same issue

please writh to judy eakin
    29 alabama av.
    phenix city alabama 36869

disturbing me on my week end

I am Master card holder of HSBC for the past 5 years.My credit history with the bank is very good and stable.During the past 5 years of using the card I may be missed my due date once or twice.The last time I forgot to pay was this month.However a lady from collection called me from [protected] on thuresday 18th I informed her that I will do the payment in couple of days as I forgot.The next day she called me on FRIDAY 4:00PM ON MY DAY OFF.I called [protected] spoke to Mr.Shridar Vinagala he told me that he will investigate and the next day some1 called me from Complain department and he apologized for disturbing on My week end and I told him that I will do the payment soon today or tomorow.After 1 hr.another woman called me again without reading the update in the system.I am forwarding this issue to the Central bank, the bank has no right to call the customer on week ends.

• Ra
    rajeev Feb 19, 2009

Same or very similar story is mine too. Just now I may have received 100th call for last 3 days.
    I am not able to sleep, eat, work as every 5-10 minities they call and abuse you. I am just 5 days late and this morning I already paid. May be it takes some time until it shows in thier system as I paid through UAE exchange.
    HSBC - you seem to be the poorest bank in the world!
    Shame to HSBC!
    Shame to the staff of HSBC!

• Dx
    dxb123 Mar 13, 2009

Even I got about 27 calls from 04-4359210 today, when I attend the call no one would speak and the line gets disconnected. Only after seeing this discussion I understand that it’s from HSBC.

• Gb
    GBofSHARJAH Mar 20, 2009

we are getting the same call from the last 3 days. non stop calls... this is totally unacceptable. we can file a complain against this re-programmed call. we should all meet up and make a collective complain against this irritant. today is friday but still i am getting calls every 5 minutes starting from 9am until 6pm. i got too delayed on my payment because our company is also suffering from global recession. butthis is my first time to missed the payment. shame on HSBC. they are nothing but a leech sucking bank. no heart no ethics.

gbofsharjah

livid_in_dxb May 10, 2009

There should be a law against harassment by recovery/collections agents from these banks. Are they all going bankrupt?

livid_in_dxb May 10, 2009

Here's their other number: 04-4359201

harasing calls

constantly receive calls every 45 minutes from this company.They are blocking their number.When asked for a...

can not get master card pin

I have called the help line 28 times and asked for a CC PIN 4 times, each time I get a promise that the PIN will be posted to my address in Dubai.

Its all lies - my office manager has never received 1 post nor has any courier from ARAMEX ever called.

This started 2 1/2 months ago - mI won't give up but it seems I will have to mtravel from the Far East to UAE and shout at the manager personally to get the service I deserve - I pay 100 AED per month status charge and its for nothing.

Can you help this probelm.

My contact m/s Glancy Jis never answers her phone - but I do get the odd email - telling me the Bank have my PIM and will send it to my address - but it never happens !!!

A very fustrated customer.

Max Fletcher

tactics

I had a credit card handled by HSBC for Best Buy. A television set was purchased with a12 month no interest promotion. I did not recieve an invoice in October, in November I recieved an invoice with $30 dollars tacked on for non payment and the minimum payment went to $44. Prior to this the minimun payment was $10 and I always paid $100 this was this way for 8 months. I contacted HSBC asnd got ahold of someone who couls barely understand english and didn't really care about my problem as they couldn't make a mistake. Needless to say I will no longer do business With HSBC or Best Buy because of thes tactics to generate income and harm the comsumer. The money is not the issue it is the underhanded business practice.

unjust rate hike on good customers

Like others that I have seen since recieving a change of terms notice on Nov. 13 HSBC said they are raising my rate from 8.24 to 14.99 effective Jan. 2009. I have tried talking to them on the phone and talked till I am blue in the face to supervisers that state they are as high up the chain I can go to complain about this un warrented rate hike. These people talk to you in a demeaning tone and all have the same scripted answer We saw somthing on your credit report. and refuse to negotiate stating that I have the option to opt out which will keep the intrest rate on my balance but will automaticly close a open account with a balance due. Anyone with even a minor knowledge of credit scores knows that kind of action will damage your score. or I can shut up and pay up. I 've had this account for 3 years and have run well over $30, 000.00 thru it remodoling my home yet I keep my balance to at least half of my total limit as i do with my other card. I always pay on time and my credit report reflects no late payments on any accout over the last nine years. When I do run up the card I send very large payments over the following month and have brought the balance down to $0.00 3 times. This action that they are perpetrating on myself and other good customers is to raise our rates before Jan 2009 when HR5244 will likely pass congress and that will stop them from raising rate on existing balances and restrict the from many other abuses in the credit card industry. Anyone having the same situation from HSBC please cotact ne with details as I am building a data base for the FTC and the coptroller of currency Administer of national banks Please only HSBC customers with good historys and no late payments on credit report respond. If you feel that you have been treated unfairly By hsbc Please take the time to contact the FTC and the occ at www.helpwithmybank.gov [protected]@sbcglobal.net. FIGHT BACK every complaint filed against them gets us closer to justice.

• La
    Laurie Nov 19, 2008

File complaints about this with the Federal Trade Commission

• Gr
    Greg Nov 19, 2008

I just got the letter that they are raising the rate on our card. it is going up 5%. When I called and tried to talk to them they just said that it was a banking decision and that I would get a letter telling why they did it. I pull our credit report 2 times a year and it is clean. nothing on our report should cause them to do this. We always pay more then the minimum and we have never been late. The only option we have is to not accept the rate hike and they will close the account which will put a ding on our credit report. I feel that HSBC should be sued for damageing peopls credit reports. They act like some kind of MAFIA.

• Mj
    mjv Jan 22, 2009

I also got a change in term notice for both my accounts with them the first week of November. They are one nightmarish, unprofessional company. There was no negotiating with them. I have had an account with them for years. Well actually not HSBC. My accounts were through another company, Metris. I got notices about three years ago that HSBC had bought them out. I was disappointed because I have never heard anything good about HSBC or Household Finance. everything was fine until recently when they sent the "Notice of the change in Terms". I have had a low interest rate on both. I had absolutely blemish free histories with them, no lates, over limits, returned checks...perfect. Suddenly it jumped to 14.9% on both or was going to effective my Jan. 2009 billing cycle if I did not opt out. I called asking why and they would not tell me. The person said they would mail me the reason. I waited about ten days and it never arrived. I decided to go ahead and mail in my opt outs because they needed to be in within 30 ay of receipt. I had gotten them between Nov 1st or 4th. I could not remember exactly. On November 18 my jaw hit the ground when I got a letter saying they had received my notices but they were late and the accounts would remain open at the higher rates. That's when the real nightmares began. Let me just say that customer service is nonexistent. I called and they said they received my letters on December 9th. I was to believe it took 24 days. Customer service would not transfer me to a Manager, only a floor supervisor. They would not escalate my call to the executive level as I asked repeatedly. A supervisor told me there had been a problem processing the opt out requests in time and told me to send in two more letters and they would be closed. Liar. I sent the letters on December 18th. By Jan. 11 I had heard nothing. I sent two message thru the link on my account. They would not respond. I called again I was told those letters were received on Dec. 23 and 24. this time it only too 4-5 days. There were no notes that I was told to mail two letters again or that I was told there was a problem with the opt out processing. I was told at that point literally there was no need to contact me because I had already been declined. Again I asked for a number for corporate offices and was refused. I could go on and on...

I filed a complaint with my AG office. It was on the BBB site that I found a number for their executive offices. I spoke to someone there and told me story. I told her I had reported this to the BBB, Attorney General and OCC but would give her a shot. She is the Executive Liaison. She reviewed my accounts and called back today to tell me "as a courtesy they had processed my opt outs and closed my accounts.

I personally would still like to see a class action on them As I know pretending they did not get the opt outs is all a scam to force customers into higher rates.

• Mj
    mjv Jan 22, 2009

Anyone seeking phone number cor HSBC executive office please contact me. [email protected]

• Pp
    P. Padovano Mar 19, 2009

My complaint is that they sent me a letter stating that there was a "security breach" and they had to issue me a new card. When I called I spoke with someone who did not speak English reading off a cue card. They would not reveal what the security breach was. However, they did say that they offered protection against just this sort of thing for a fee. This is not the first time I received this letter from them, I think it was a little over a year ago they pulled the same thing and at that time also offered their product. I think this is a scam that relies on people's fear of their personal information being compromised to sell them a product. I should have the right to know what part of my personal information was exposed and to whom. The credit card companies seem to have all of these rights to raise our finance charge as they see fit, give out information to "affiliated companies", yet when there is a security breach we have no right to know any of the details. I agree that action should be taken against HSBC for several reasons. First, we live in the United States of America and we should be able to access customer service here in our own country and speak with people who speak our language. I believe that dealing with people outside of our country is disrespectful to us and is done deliberately to cause miscommunications. Next, they should not be allowed to raise interest rates unless they have good reason, i.e. late payments, no payments. As far as the late payments, I have had experiences where I sent it out via mail and they said it took three weeks. No freakin way unless the payments are also being diverted to Pakistan in which case they should not be allowed to charge late fees. Enough people have to be willing to commence the action or they will just laugh it off. They are the third largest bank in the world and one of the few with problems. I guess they sort of feel bulletproof at this point and will do whatever they want. You know you can pay the balance and put the card in a drawer, you don't have to use it.

difficult getting to page to pay account

This company has a web page to pay account, but it is difficult to get the page to respond on any given day or it times out the session before all info is typed in or you cannot ever get to site because it is slow or does not respond. I was under the impression that the page was meant for customers to pay easier but I find this web page to be seriouly difficult.

• Do
    Dorothy A Wingert Dec 30, 2008

I am Wondering why my credit card was cancelas I have pay everything on it and don't use it much so give me a valid answer
    thank you Mrs. Dorothy A Wingert

unauthorized charges

We transferred credit card balances to HSBC for zero percent interest in December of 2007. We immediately...

theif

My name is linda vu I am a student at university of greenwich. I was recommended by a friend to invest my student loan into a mini cash individual saving account (isa) in hsbc.
On 29th march 2008, I opened the mini cash isa and invested £3, 000 in cash. after I received a letter which confirmed that the account was successfully opened and that the total amount invested came to £3000.

About six months after, I decided to a visit a different branch of hsbc to check my balance as I have never received any statements since the account was opened. on the screen, it indicated that I only had around £1000 in the account, which I had deposited into my account a few times in the time I opened the account till 6 months later. it showed that the £3000 I had invested had not been deposited or withdrawn.

With this on my mind I went to the branch I opened my account with in dartford and ask to speak to the manager but was told he was too “busy” to see me. the person who spoke to me replied that the money that I invested when opening my account was not there. she then said that the manager would get back to me regarding the issue.
I returned a few days later as I had not been contacted about the issue and therefore asked to speak to the manager only to be told he is too busy to speak to his customers. I was then told to talk to another member of staff who said that they will be investigating by checking all the account, speaking to the person responsible for opening the account “tom kazza”, and by checking their cctv security system.
I was then told that the manager will definitely contact me within the next two days.

I was not surprise at all when the manager failed to contact me which made me have to go to the branch for the third. again I was told the manager was yet again busy so I had to speak to the sales manager who said that the £3, 000 transaction was not made on any accounts in that branch on saturday 24th of march 2008, their cctv camera did not go back 6 months and that they do not accept cash on a saturday. the sales manager also indicated that the person responsible, tom kazza, was new at his job. questions were going through my mind such as “why was he allowed to open mine or any other customer accounts and take our money?” and “who else has he done this to or is going to pull this stunt again?”
She also said the letter of confirmation I had shown is not regarded as proof and wanted my account statements to prove I had that amount in my account.

After being told this, I took a trip to the police station to inform them that tom kazza or hsbc has stolen my money, I showed my evidence that I had £3, 000 in my other account and the letter confirming £3, 000 has now been credit to your account.
I was told by the police that hsbc do have the cctv that goes back to the time my account had been open.in order to open mini cash isa, I would have needed to deposit money onto it, so therefore how could I possibly open my account on the 24th of march and have a letter confirming I had opened it and the amount I put in prove not to be enough evidence. I was told that in her opinion it was enough proof. I was then advised to go back to the branch to get a letter, which should say that no transaction of that amount was made, and bring it back to the station so that they could investigate the matter.

The hsbc branch in dartford has been very unhelpful leading to a very distressed and an unhappy customer. each time I went there, I was told the branch manager was too busy to see and that he will contact me and unfortunately happened three times

When the new manager hayley lowe finally investigated the matter she sent me a letter confirming there is no evidence £3000 was credited into my account, of course I was extremely angry so I called up the head office where they said further investigation will be required. I then went into the branch to talk to hayley to understand what investigation she had done, the only thing she done was talked to tom kazze who said “he remembers me and that I did not credit no money in” and that no account within the branch received the £3000, however to open a isa account you need at least £1 in order for your account to be opened, of course the manager said you don’t need to put no money in, this is when I asked for a leaflet which she went and got, read it, and annoyed “yes you was right you do need to put £1 in but you don’t really” what kind of response is that? I then demanded for another investigation as tom kazze or another member of staff has taken my money.
I gave her my halifax statement to prove I had £3000 in my account during the time I opened my isa account. during the three weeks after the interview, the senior manager rebecca kemp called me up saying they are investigating the matter and can look at their cctv the date I opened my account.

The 11th of november I receive a letter from rebecca that “the declaration letter handed to you at the time of opening your account had incorrectly stated the subscription amount and, have fully investigated the matter, I can confirm that we did not receive any funds from yourself on the day opening the account” I imminently called her up to see what they did to investigate that tom kazze has taken my money, she replied she has evidence that I did not cash in no money via investigating tom kazza again in front of he’s manager and looked at the accounts, this is the same investigation they did before, I keep on repeating you said you was going to check your cctv, rebecca replied “we feel we have enough evidence from tom admitting he’s done a faulty on typing in £3000 and checking all of the account” this is not a fully investigation that he’s taken my money and I have not been treated fairly as a customer as I replied many time did you check your cctv as that’s the evidence I did give tom kazza £3000 in cash, rebecca kept on saying “for the final time we have done our fully investigation!!” this is not including the cctv. I kept on asking “but have you checked your cctv” and she said “for the final time we have fully investigated the matter” then rudely hung up the phone on me! she would not answer my question as she has not investigated the issue fully. I am a very unhappy customer who has been distressed and emotional for the last 2 months as they have not been treating me as a individual, refuse to give back my money that I invested in and I feel as I am being discriminate due to my age of being 20. tom kazza has taken my money please help!

Please contact me on [protected] or email me on [protected]@hotmail.co.uk for more information. I will be happy enough to do interviews.

lost payment twice and cannot locate neither one

I refinanced a loan with another bank and they sent the payoff to HSBC on Oct 21st 2008. They posted someone elses payment on my account with a totally different amount and different customer. They couldnt even figure out that the amounts and customer names were different until I had to speak with a supervisor and point that out to them. The supervisor directed me to call my bank and put a stop payment on the account and reissue a check out. I did that, paid for the stop payment and sent a check overnight to their address on Nov2nd. I called them and they said it takes a few days to research the account and someone would call me back. Noone called me, I went and gave them the check number, the tracking number from UPS and even the persons name who signed for it. They still couldnt find the check. I am still in the same situation and they still havent found the check. What should I do? Even if they find the check, Im not going to pay 3 weeks of interest. Can someone please advise me what to do?

• Bi
    billmspring Mar 05, 2009

YES THEY ARE A SHADY BUNCH. HAVE 2 VEHICLES THRU THEM. KEEP SWITCHING MY 1 TRUCK PAYMENT TO MY CAR AFTER SEEING THIS WEB SITE IT IS TO CHARGE LATE PAYMENTS WHICH I CAN NEVER GET BACK.

bad service

I am amazed at the process of HSBC. We have been hit by a hurricane that damaged our house quite badly. We...

stealing earnings from credit card customer

GM MasterCard has got Earnings program. The earned points can be used to pay if buying or leasing GM car. The program can be useful (while many restrictions still prevent using the points in full amount).

It looks like a problem emerged recently: too many earnings points have been accumulated by so many users for so many years that the bank cannot hold the promises. It seems they are looking for ways how to reduce the earnings debts.

Unfortunately, my personal example demonstrates that they decided to choose very questionable methods to resolve the problem - setting up customer to confiscate the earned points.

In my particular case the followings amazing story happened. Almost three months ago, somebody changed mailing address listed on my account, without noticing me or asking for my authorization. When I tried to complain by phone, it turned out that phone password has been set for my account too, and I do not know the password. I have no ideas who, when, and for what reason made this passward.

In the phone conversation followed, a "security service personnel" shocked me asking to present explicitely my SSN. I prefer to follow common security rules - never disclose SSN by phone. There were few other fraudulent questions from their side.

In other words, they actively pushed me to start complaining, and provoking to close the account. I requested the closure. Amazing point was a reaction of the officer, who immediately agreed to do that (while normally this is pretty hard to close credit cards, as we all know, since agents try to keep customers). Another amaizing point was that in addition to closing the card, they suggested to block any activity on the account (on the account that doesn't exis anymore!) until identifying my personality.

So, eventually, I was asked to send them few utility and banking statements to confirm my identity. I send the corresponding paperwork immediately. No response from GM card followed in few weeks. I called them back, and they said that one of the statements doesn't go (no comments or explanations why). I had sent them ones again few other statements. They were slow again... And just about 70 days after I called them for the first time, I've got a letter form GM card asking to contact the security office.

I called GM card security service, and they informed me that my identity had been confirmed. They suggested to close my account (ones again?) and to recreate the account as a new one. This sounds great. But the point is that my earnings accumulated with the previous account cannot be transferred to the new one! More accurately, I would be still able to use the earnings, but only during three months after I request closing the account.

Now the situation became clear to me. Look, who benefited from a stupid action, like changing my address on the account? Nobody? Except for the GM card, who used it to confiscate my earnings. Everything in the situation was set up to make it. Indeed,

(1) they provoked me to close the account by making impression that the address change fraud originates exactly from the GM card office.

(2) They havent informed me about the earnings loss after three months of the account closing.

(3) They artificially delayed the start of the fraud case and the release of the new card, by imitating my identity check, for almost three months.

(4) For all the three months after account closing, I was made to be unable to use my earnings. To use the earnings, one needs to pay with GM card, not other payment method authorises earnings use. The GM card office made everything to block using my GM card for that critical time interval.

(5) In discussion, they agreed for everything, except for returning my earnings.

From one, it looks like everything is in accourdance to the rules, and no violations are obviouse. On the other hand, my earnings money are stolen. I hope that the investigation will identify who originated the process by changing my address (and possibly by setting unauthorized phone password).

Please let me know if you could find any other feasible explanation of the situation. Except for deliberate fraud, which was set up by GM card with respect to 9-years customer of the bank.

linda Nov 11, 2008

My name is Linda Vu I am a student at University of Greenwich. I was recommended by a friend to invest my student loan into a mini cash individual saving account (ISA) in HSBC.
    On 29th March 2008, I opened the mini cash ISA and invested £3, 000 in cash. After I received a letter which confirmed that the account was successfully opened and that the total amount invested came to £3000.

About six months after, I decided to a visit a different branch of HSBC to check my balance as I have never received any statements since the account was opened. On the screen, it indicated that I only had around £1000 in the account, which I had deposited into my account a few times in the time I opened the account till 6 months later. It showed that the £3000 I had invested had not been deposited or withdrawn.

With this on my mind I went to the branch I opened my account with in Dartford and ask to speak to the manager but was told he was too “busy” to see me. The person who spoke to me replied that the money that I invested when opening my account was not there. She then said that the manager would get back to me regarding the issue.
    I returned a few days later as I had not been contacted about the issue and therefore asked to speak to the manager only to be told he is too busy to speak to his customers. I was then told to talk to another member of staff who said that they will be investigating by checking all the account, speaking to the person responsible for opening the account “Tom Kazza”, and by checking their CCTV security system.

I was not surprise at all when the manager failed to contact me which made me have to go to the branch for the third. Again I was told the manager was yet again busy so I had to speak to the sales manager who said that the £3, 000 transaction was not made on any accounts in that branch on Saturday 24th of March 2008, their CCTV camera did not go back 6 months and that they do not accept cash on a Saturday. The sales manager also indicated that the person responsible, Tom Kazza, was new at his job. Questions were going through my mind such as “why was he allowed to open mine or any other customer accounts and take our money?” and “Who else has he done this to or is going to pull this stunt again?”

After being told this, I took a trip to the police station to inform them that Tom Kazza or HSBC has stolen my money, I showed my evidence that I had £3, 000 in my other account and the letter confirming £3, 000 has now been credit to your account.
    I was told by the police that HSBC do have the CCTV that goes back to the time my account had been open. In order to open mini cash ISA, I would have needed to deposit money onto it, so therefore how could I possibly open my account on the 24th of March and have a letter confirming I had opened it and the amount I put in prove not to be enough evidence. I was told that in her opinion it was enough proof. I was then advised to go back to the branch to get a letter, which should say that no transaction of that amount was made, and bring it back to the station so that they could investigate the matter.

The HSBC branch in Dartford has been very unhelpful leading to a very distressed and an unhappy customer. Each time I went there, I was told the branch manager was too busy to see and that he will contact me and unfortunately happened three times

When the new manager Hayley Lowe finally investigated the matter she sent me a letter confirming there is no evidence £3000 was credited into my account, of course I was extremely angry so I called up the head office where they said further investigation will be required. I then went into the branch to talk to Hayley to understand what investigation she had done, the only thing she done was talked to Tom Kazze who said “he remembers me and that I did not credit no money in” and that no account within the branch received the £3000, however to open a ISA account you need at least £1 in order for your account to be opened, of course the manager said you don’t need to put no money in, this is when I asked for a leaflet which she went and got, read it, and annoyed “yes you was right you do need to put £1 in but you don’t really” what kind of response is that? I then demanded for another investigation as Tom Kazze or another member of staff has taken my money.
    I gave her my Halifax statement to prove I had £3000 in my account during the time I opened my ISA account. During the three weeks after the interview, the senior manager Rebecca Kemp called me up saying they are investigating the matter and can look at their CCTV the date I opened my account.

The 11th of November I receive a letter from Rebecca that “the declaration letter handed to you at the time of opening your account had incorrectly stated the subscription amount and, have fully investigated the matter, I can confirm that we did not receive any funds from yourself on the day opening the account” I imminently called her up to see what they did to investigate that Tom Kazze has taken my money, she replied she has evidence that I did not cash in no money via investigating Tom Kazza again in front of he’s manager and looked at the accounts, this is the same investigation they did before, I keep on repeating you said you was going to check your CCTV, Rebecca replied “we feel we have enough evidence from Tom admitting he’s done a faulty on typing in £3000 and checking all of the account” this is not a fully investigation that he’s taken my money and I have not been treated fairly as a customer as I replied many time did you check your CCTV as that’s the evidence I did give Tom Kazza £3000 in cash, Rebecca kept on saying “for the final time we have done our fully investigation!!” this is not including the CCTV. I kept on asking “but have you checked your CCTV” and she said “for the final time we have fully investigated the matter” then rudely hung up the phone on me! She would not answer my question as she has not investigated the issue fully. I am a very unhappy customer who has been distressed and emotional for the last 2 months as they have not been treating me as a individual, refuse to give back my money that I invested in and I feel as I am being discriminate due to my age of being 20. Tom Kazza has taken my money please help!

Please contact me on 07809879949 or email me on [email protected] for more information. I will be happy enough to do interviews.

awful bank

Due to a dealer mistake, a lien was registered on my motorcycle with HSBC. I don't owe HSBC any money, but they will not release the lien. I have been trying since 9-20 to get this fixed. They have confirmed that I have no active account and owe them no money. They will not, however, issue a release of lien. This is a wrongful lien. I am forced at this point to pay out of pocket to pursue legal remedy.

Try calling the corporate headquarters to HSBC. What a circus. The switchboard, when you can get through, sends you anywhere but where you need to go. And more often than not, I was directed to a voice mail extension "2001" and was not able to contact a human.

I will never do business with HSBC. I will certainly advertise for them.

• Ca
    CALVIN C Dec 12, 2011

i HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. i NEED A LEIN RELEASE TO GET THE TITLE IN MY NAME

charging me interest to 2010 evn if I pay offf today

these people are scam artists, i will never use them again, i wont go into my long story, because it...

reported me deceased

a few years ago i had a credit card through HSBC. We were in the process of moving and i forgot to give them my new phone number and address. upon moving a friend of mine asked if she could take over my old phone number as a second line into her house. i said sure. some time had passed then my husband and i were starting to look into buying a home. our realtor did a credit check on us and i came up deceased. quite upset about this i had called my friend to tell her this. come to find out HSBC was calling my old number, my friends new number, she became tired of the phone calls that came in about 10 times a day. instead of her giving them my new phone number she told them i died.. about 2 day's later HSBC called her back for the date of my death and she gave them a date of january 21st. instead of HSBC getting any documentation on this, like they are suppose to they immediatly through me in the credit bureau as deceased. i had called HSBC and they told me i needed to notorize a copy of my drivers license and fax it to the deceased department then it would be taking care of... they took care of nothing... i called back a few months ago same thing notorized copy of drivers license. i asked the lady if she had a notorized copy of my death certificate and of course she said no... the point of my story is my girlfriend can just say i'm dead without proof but i can't call and tell them i'm alive..i'm unable to obtain a job because employers do a soft check on your credit plus i cannot apply for a car, home or anything else you need credit for...it's really pretty scary when you think about it...

lying reps

This is by far the worst auto loan company I have ever had a loan with! Their customer service reps are rude and very misleading! I have been trying to get a loan differment for only one payment. The rep told me I could call back after catching up a payment to do so, but what a liar! I called back to do the arrangment, but we can't until our hardship is over! Why on earth would you need a differment if you didn't have a hardship? They are just waiting for everyone to lose their cars. They don't care anything about their customers as long as they get their money. These so called customer service reps had no idea how to get me any kind of corporate number. You can't even speak to anyone that can relate to your situation, because they are overseas in the Phillipines. It really stinks not being able to resolve anything or speak to anyone. I would never ever go through this bank for auto financing ever again! If you are thinking of buying a car or refinancing, do not go through them! They do not work with their customers you're just another dollar sign. Go with a good company that really cares for their customers.

joefaulk Oct 08, 2009

kinda the same situation here.me and my ex girlfriend bought a truck 4 yrs ago.i was the buyer and she was the co-buyer.we went are seperate ways 3 yrs ago and she claimed bankruptcy 2yrs ago.so 2 yrs ago i the buyer tried to make my truck payment online and i couldnt login.so i call the number they gave me and they told me she had claimed bankruptcy (co-buyer) and that i wont be able to pay online 0r get a monthly statement until the bankruptcy was dismissed and that all payments made would go strictly to the principle, which i the buyer thought was great.so i continue making my payments and phone calls every few months to check the status of the account.i didnt like the fact that i was paying for something and not seeing my balance go down, but really couldnt do anything about it, atleast thats what i thought..i then went to the same dealership i got the truck from and told them i want to refinance the truck for the remainder 5k owed on it so i can try to remove my exgirlfriends (co-buyer) name completely off of it.so they the sales guy comes to me and says that i am denied for the refinance because i have a repo /bad auto debt on my credit report.so right now i am furious.i call hsbc and they say that its not a bad debt or a repo and they want to me to pull my credit report and fax it to them.so i do that and they tell me that they are not gonna take it off of my credit report but yet it still shouldnt be there.so the truck gets towed the very next day for a parking violation at work.so i go to the police department to get the release form and pay the tickets and the clerks there tell me this is not my vehicle that i am not on the title and that i cant get it out and that i should call the bank.so i call the bank and after a few hours on the phone they tell me that i am not on the title and that they will send me the title along with a form to be added to the title.so right now at this point i am furious, i have been making all these payments for a truck and the titles not even in my name and my credit shows a bad debt for it.so i go to the dmv and have them pull the paperwork on the truck and show them the original carbon copy buyers agreement and the lady there tells me she never seen anything like this.she prints a copy and shows me what she has which was the same exact buyers agreement except without my name or signature.so i asked for a copy and she told me she couldnt for privacy policies.so a few days later the overnighted title comes in.so i then go to the police department with all of this paperwork and credit report and payment history of the truck and was in the for 2 hrs trying to figure this out.the clerk there was awesome.she gives me the paperwork that the dmv has(which i am not suppose to have) and she tells me "you didnt get this from me".she then goes over them with me and i quickly noticed a a signature that wasnt mine.so somewhere along the line my signature was forged a few times and i am wipped clean from it.this all supposedly happened the day we bought the truck atleast thats what the date says that could of been doctored up also.so after taking all this in in a very short period, i decide that i dont want the truck.my names not on the title or buyers agreement that the dmv has, i owe the bank the bluebook value and to top it all my credit screwed with a bad debt even though it wasnt a bad debt.so we come to the conclusion i am not gonna sign the title because if i do i am on the hook for the remainder of the balanc and it will still show as a bad debt on my credit.so now i am fighting with hsbc and talking to transunion about this matter, because how is it on my credit report and i am not on the title and or buyers agreement that the dmv has.this all happened within the past week and i will return with a post on the outcome.any advice would be appreciated.thanks for being an ear for me to vent my frustration

• Sh
    Shellio72 Nov 17, 2009

I would like to agree with California on the Reps misleading a person who has an auto loan with this company. I had problems with getting a deferment or apply for a hardship, after I took a large income loss last year. They told me once I brought payments to 60 days, I could go online to apply for a hardship to try and lower my payments. I searched all over the website, and even called for assistant, but never received a response on how to "apply" for this hardship. Unfortunately two weeks ago my car was taken into repossession. I called the next day to discuss recover my car.
    The first thing I was told was "at anytime your car can be taken into auction", yet proceeded to tell me that I had 15 days until it was put up for auction. Of courese they do not disclose where car has been taken, which is understandable. I understood I had 15 days.
    I discussed a dollar amount with the representative and let him know I would call back the next day. I called to inform rep that I would have payment within four days. I begged and borrowed from friends and family to get enough money to recover car.
    Once I paid, I called the representative back to find out how to go about getting car. (they do not give out ANY info unless you are paid up). All he did was give me a number to call. I contacted the agency that had my car to make arrangements for me to pick up - when I asked where abouts they were located, they informed me Northfield, OH...I said excuse me, I live near Grand Rapids, MI. After finding out this place was over 4.5 hours away, they said I need to call HSBC back because there was nothing they could.
    I immediately called back the Rep that I was working with, he acted like it was not a big deal and that he said in the beginning the car could be moved at anytime for auction. I expressed the fact that I spoke with him numerous times that I was paying on it and I thought I had 15 days. Still did not care much for what I was saying. I said that is just wrong that a car would be moved OUT OF THE STATE that the person lives. I asked for a department head, and just went in circles talking to individuals.
    At this point, I am disgusted that I even paid up my loan to get my car back. This company is very difficult and has no compassion for their customers and today's economy. I know I take some blame for allowing my car to go into default, but all I asked for was a little understanding and the fact that my car was taken out of state is just adding fuel to my frustration.

no room to work with

We have been trying to work with HSBC since April of this year to renegotiate our loan through the lo...

unwilling to help us with easement

Over 3 years ago the City of Johnson City came to my wife and me with a proposal to purchase a portion of our...

fraud and harassment

When my Chevy van broke down with expensive transmission troubles in 2004, my sister suggested instead of paying for a new transmission to try to trade in my van for a newer vehicle. At first I thought this could be a good thing, I could get a newer vehicle, make payments to re-establish my credit, And the dealership was offering a guaranteed $4000 trade in for my broken van for a used car.

I settled on a 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser basic model. The car had 16000 miles on it already but we were offered the extended warranty with it. The total price for the car with the trade in was $14, 000. Everything was fine until the dealer had trouble finding me a financer. My credit was shot after hurting myself on the job 10 years before. I had a lot of unpaid medical bills I was fighting since the worker's comp was supposed to pay them. In the interim, I got stuck with them on my credit, lowering my score to about 545.

The dealer finally said he found a bank to take my note, but I would need a co signer. My sister who went with me to the dealer agreed to sign for me, and after signing the papers I drove home with my new/used Chrysler.

I am from Buffalo, New York originally, and HSBC is everywhere there. They have a 22 story tower there, bank branches throughout the region and they sponsor the arena where the Sabres play. I even had my bank account with them for 15 years before moving to Indiana where they don't have branches here. I thought I would get the same level of great service I got in Buffalo, boy was I wrong!

They never sent me a payment book for the car, instead they send a bill every month. The first bill I received said the total balance with the agreed upon 7.9% on my note was close to $17, 000. That seemed about right, and I started to make my payments on time, every month.

Also, they had the wrong name as the primary borrower. They had my sister as the primary and me as the co signer. I called the 800 number on the back of the bill to question this and was told it didn't matter who's name was first, we were both responsible for the bill. This was the first red flag for my sister and I, but we knew we couldn't find anyone else to take the note. So I paid my bill, on time every month so it would not reflect poorly on my sister's credit or mine.

However, there were some months when they would call claiming they did not receive my payment. I knew this could not be right since the payments were going to Carol Stream, Ill, which is near Chicago and we are in Indiana about 60 miles from Chicago. I pointed this out to the representative on the phone that it only takes 1 day to get the mail from Indiana to Illinois and that the payment was mailed at least 10 days before the payment was due. Even if they had the slowest mail room in Chicago, they still should have received the payment.

The rep barely spoke English, he had a very heavy East Indian accent. He insisted that I had to pay my payment by credit card right there over the phone. I refused, and informed him that it is illegal to make such a demand since he could not prove he was actually from the bank. When I pressed back for confirming information, he refused and hung up on me. But an hour later another rep called with the same tune, pay now by credit card. I again asked for confirmation that he was with the bank, and was hung up on. Again, this rep spoke with a thick East Indian accent.

We stopped answering the phone to that phone number, and a few days later the calls stopped. However, every few months or so, I would get calls like this. I made a complaint with the FCC about harassing calls, then they stopped until I actually did have a late payment. But this did not happen until almost 4 years later.

I recently hit a bad spot financially. The rising gas prices, my rent was increased, our utilities went up, so did the cost of groceries. This meant that the loan was getting paid later and later every month. So the calls begin again. This time they were even more aggressive, threatening to repo the car with only one month past due. I missed 1 payment but continued to pay my payment leaving me steadily 1 month behind.

They now call from about 6 different numbers, with different area codes. I went into the hospital in June for a few days. I do not have health insurance and I am self employed. If I don't work I don't get paid and thus don't have any money. I missed another payment with HSBC. I have tried to make as many payments as I can, even partial payments. However, when they send me my statement now, it says that the total of my partial payments is correct. But when you look at the breakdown of how they applied the payments it is nuts! It says for an example, they received $450 in payments that month, out of that payment $350 went to interest payments, $70 went to late fees and the remaining balance was applied to the principle!

I went back and took a good look at how the bills were applied for the last few years, they did the same thing, even when the payments were on time for over 3 years! They took a huge portion of the payment to pay 'interest' and then applied a small amount of my payment, usually less than $50 per month toward the balance owed!

I have loans with other companies, two to be exact. Both of those loans has the total amount owed that includes the interest applied. When I make a payment to them of $110 dollars on time, my bill is reduced by $110 dollars. When I am late there is a set late payment fee applied that must be paid in addition to the regular payment.

I have paid these blood sucking vultures over $12000 on my note which they say with the interest was a total of $17000. So how is it that my bill says that I still owe almost $9000? I don't know who is their 'math wiz' but there is no way I still owe that much on this loan. They are still threatening me with repo, and I am shopping for an attorney to sue. If they keep this up I will put the car in locked storage and buy a beater until this is resolved.

• He
    Hegel Bobo Nov 28, 2008

I received a letter from you dated Nobember 14, 2008 (+0212415 000000171 096321 0069468) stating that my RECENT credit request for the financing of a motor vehicle has not been approved at this time.n First, I do not have an account with you and someone is using my identity to try to finance an automobile.

Please email me with the information on who is doing this and what can be done about it as soon as possible.

My address is 33 Ridge Dr., Westbury, NY 11590-2712.

I filled out a fraud report on line with Equifax on 11/28 also and I need to know what direction I need to take.

Respectfully,

Hegel Bobo

• El
    eloy1948 Jun 04, 2009

They are lying theves, taking from the little guy, destroying peoples lives. I'm being garnished for the price of the car I gave back because I couldn't afford it it any longer. I payed on it for two years and now they are taking away 1000.00 each month for the next two years. Please don't do business with them. They will hurt you if they can and the way our comsummer laws are set up you the little can't win. They will have their hand in your pocket and there isn't much you can to about it except educate others. I'm being charged for everything under the sun. What they are doing is worng. Be careful.

terrible customer service

Recently someone from hsbc, joejackson, has been calling my home number and leaving a message marked urgent. I called back several times to see why they keep calling and can't get through. I finally called the hsbc finance number, explained the situation and they put me thru to joe jackson. joe jackson could not have been more rude - no listening skills and a shrill, anxious voice. I wanted to know how they got my number and was concerned that someone might be using my ssn. she wanted me to give her my ssn over the phone or write it on a piece of paper and fax it. if you were worried about someone using your info, would you give it to someone who had been harassing you and yelling at you? she put the phone down and started talking to a coworker. I could goon, but suffice it to say - they scare me...in these troubled financial times, she could at least be patient.

• Fr
    FRANCHESKA WOODS Nov 01, 2008

### HSBC AND EVERYONE WHO WORK IN THERE OFFICE THEY ARE FAT AND SO ###ING LAZY TO GET OFF THEIR FAT ### .TO GO LOOK FOR A CHECK IT IS SO SAD.

• Al
    Alfred Apr 20, 2010

At least 10-15 calls daily from the lowly CSR. No one is willing to work out a feasible solution which will in turn help both parties. Everyone has the wrong notion. If they threaten, this will make the money appear. Well it does not. Was I explained to one CSR, if everyone paid on time, then the CSR would not have a job. Where will this leave them? I am only asking for a little compassion and just a little me cooperation since I am trying. I have all intentions to satisfy my full obligation regarding my auto loan.