Menu
HSBC Holdings
reviews & complaints

HSBC Holdings
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

368 complaints
171 resolved 197 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of HSBC Holdings. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
E
4:55 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Eufrey Matundan my accounts were closed by HSBC bank on April without informing or getting prior authorization from me. I don’t have any deposits that we’re ever returned or a negative balance in my account. So I don’t know why my accounts were closed and why HSBC bank is still holding on to my funds that is around $798.56 give or take a couple...

N
10:56 pm

HSBC Holdings - Money

There was a due cheque on me that was returned on 23/3/2021 due to wrong info in the cheque , the cheque was for another bank , i went to the other bank and payed the cheque amount after a representative from hsbc called me and then i was surprised on 29/3/2022 that the cheque was debited from my account and when i called the hotline in egypt they told me will call you back within 4 working days while i insisted that the issue is important but no body cares,, thanks

Desired outcome: I want my money back as the other bank refused to give me my money bank until long procedures and i can’t wait also its not my fault, i want a reply also from them

10:52 pm

HSBC Holdings - Website/payments

They changed their website to only accept 'LINKED BANK ACCOUNTS' for payment now but they will not accept the information from either of my banks, meanwhile they are hitting my credit report even though I keep trying to pay them and the only way I can is by calling the phone number on the credit card and spending over 60 minutes to try to make a payment.

They are crooks who offer 'debt relief' then make it near impossible to stay current because the website has issues constantly and then they lock you out from paying online if you are late to force you to call and hold indefinitely hoping you will get impatient and not hang up.

These people are crooks.

They make their living off fees and penalties not standard banking.

Desired outcome: Cancelling my account, my desired outcome is for people to stop using them for credit or banking.

K
4:47 pm

HSBC Holdings - Service/complaints

In November 2020, I contacted HSBC.ae for support with my bill. I had financial difficulties and needed help with my current bill. I asked if the fees could cease so I can focus on paying down the balance. I am in the middle of a tenancy court issue, where I am still paying for two apartments and utilities. During this time, I contracted covid and had to stay home from work. I had very little funds. HSBC ignored my concerns and continued charging me fees and confiscating whatever little money I received in my checking account. I could not afford to eat and take a bus. I mentioned the same story over 20 times to different customer representatives; however, I wasn't presented a settlement until June and it was 7, 000aed. There was no way I could afford it. Nothing has been done since, and the balance continues to grow. I was trying my best to take care of my financial responsibilities. I have never been taken advantage of like this ever in my life.

Desired outcome: Pay for the balance minus the fees from November 2020, when I asked for assistance

4:18 am

HSBC Holdings - Not able to get my money after account closure

The worst bank in UAE. Never deal with it. I used to have an account there for 15 years. One day when I was on vacation with my family, the bank close my account without any notification. I saw it online only. No one was able to explain me the reason or inform where are my money. Then I had to flight back to Dubai immediately. When I came to the bank they gave me the check in USD, I asked to give it on AED or cash. But bank deny. And now 3 weeks later none of the other banks in UAE accept this check! I am just having so much problem because of this. I lost my money that I was saving for 15 years!

11:50 pm

HSBC Holdings - Unauthorised Transaction

I made a complaint regarding an unauthorized transaction from UberEats days before with so much difficulty as their hotlines are NEVER answered by agents- the call goes through and get disconnected after being put on hold for SO LONG! After finally lodging a complaint an agent reaches out to tell me that the team will investigate and get in touch with the merchant regarding this transaction, however after DAYS without a response when i ask them for an update they tell me that they will need ME to contact the merchant and that they are "unable to consider this transaction as not authorized."
WITHOUT EVEN REACHING OUT TO THE MERCHANT FROM THEIR END. PUTRID SERVICE, I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS BANK TO ANYONE!

Desired outcome: Get in touch with merchant and refund the amount

5:15 pm

HSBC Holdings - Banking service

Worst bank ever
OMG, this is UNBELIEVABLE!
The staff soo rude and unfriendly.
The service is sooo poor
It's like you are the one to serve them
People please don't ever think to joint this bank. It was a nightmare for me!
It seems they don't care about the customer.
They blocked my account and after months of communications, emails, phone calls they come with a excuus with no explanation. Ohhh man. This is not acceptable

M
6:23 am

HSBC Holdings - international domiciliary account number;30058943

Please varify the account above with the account name Steve Mauri Abu. Is this a real account because I have HSBC Visa card for that account. The account had deposit of £550000.00 a winning promotion of Nokia Co UK. Please check if the money still exist because after completing all fees imposed by HSBC bank I was not issued pin number to use the card. The online service director Mr. Brian Robertson and Nokia UK Agent Dr. David Dean I believed collaborated and hijacked the winning funds. Please I need an audit to my Visa card account. Thank you

Section 28, Lot 12, Glover Street NSI Road, West Goroka, Goroka Town

View 0 more photos
H
6:32 am

HSBC Holdings - customers services and loans.

Bad customers services.

Nobody cares about customer satisfaction.

I had an account with many banks in UAE but HCBS was my worst experience I had in my life.

I went direct to HSBC branch yas mall for my personal loan early closure, there I met Mr Rafiq who give me wrong information cost me around 800 and after that, I raised a request to refund money back as it's not my bad, but they reply was shoke as I received a call from another person working in same branch who call me in a bad manner telling me case closed we don't have right to refund your money back, and when I asked him back for further explanation he keep reading that he will close the phone if I keep asking or talking because he is busy with other customers.

this time a raised complain against him but the reply was disappointing that nothing happened and nobody told you anything wrong and case closed.
without even apologize

D
4:28 pm

HSBC Holdings - debit card fraud

I faced two unauthorized transactions from my debit card account from HSBC yesterday. One a purchase of AED 472.38 from Etc IVR 101 and within seconds later a purchase of AED 286.40 from Etc IVR 101 ! I was shocked and I contacted my bank and I was asked to submit a dispute form and while on the conversation with a representative from customer care, another transaction of AED 2522.39 was attempted but declined . I have submitted the dispute form and blocked my card . This is very disappointing to see how trustworthy banks like HSBC could have unauthorized transactions processed ! I would like to know when my money would be refunded .

C
10:29 am

HSBC Holdings - e-statement of my credit card 5400419007969865

Name : Chin Jet Choon; Credit card no : 5400-4190-0796-9865

I would like to complain that this is the second time your bank has failed to send me the e-statement for the month of October 2019. As a result, I was charged a penalty for late payment and incurred the finance charge again.

When the case happened the first time in September, I called up to inquire about the finance charge and the penalty charge for the late payment. I was quite happy when your staff agreed to waive the charges for me followed by the assurance to send me the e-statement in future.

If this is going to happen again every month, I would be forced to make extra payment which is absolutely not necessary, to your bank. I am wondering why you can send all the promotion matters to my email but not the e statement.

I am very particular about my account and would not be happy to see those financial and penalty charges appearing in my account. I am considering to terminate my credit card if the situation is not rectified.

Thank you.

G
5:06 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I want to express my concern regarding the lack of professionality concerning the opening of a personal bank account (I am a self-employer). I requested for meeting at HSBC Dubai Mall Branch 2 different time and the second time they asked me for different requirements without justifying their previous versions. 1. The first time they only asked me for the...

T
11:20 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Account Number:- 4539-6690-0980-5916 My Kard :- 730401075543 Refer to above account, HSBC was submit to IRISS under special Attention account. Eventually Im a good pay master in your bank for all the account I have before where you can check my history in your bank. Chronology of issue:- 1-Some where Dec 2018 I have request for full settlement for my...

W
11:45 pm

HSBC Holdings - poor response and ability to resolve issue

I had being using HSBC for 3 years and i am getting very disappointed to HSBC on following issue

1. My Visa signature credit card had been double charge with SST since last year and this issue haven't resolve until now.

2. I had being charged SST on my cancelled card.

3. The issue reported need to take 5 working day to resolve and i wonder why HSBC cannot make decision immediately. This lead to keep on dragging customer for quite some time.

4. Slow pick up on phone call

Please consider this as i would like to cancel my all my account with HSBC and i am tired on keep on waiting on my issue being address. In term benefit and response other bank is much better than HSBC.

Thanks for keeping me busy...

6:25 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

FAO: Jacques Emmanuel Blanchet Dear Mr/Monsieur JE Blanchet, Upon my request, I have asked both my old ill-health, with poor medical condition cousins to open an HSBC account in Egypt and they were told that to open an account they will need the equivalent of $2000 US dollars! Both my cousins are well into their mid-sixties. One had an open heart surgery...

2:13 am

HSBC Holdings - unauthorized credit card charges

Dear sir,

I have applied green card lottery, and submitted my personal details and paied $15 payment. After youre agent call me and request my credit card details. I think that is my fault. I give him to my card no and cvv no after he asked me some questions but i'm not hear it clearly. After I request to refund my $1000 payment. Also customer relation ship manager mr. Richard agree to refund my payment and closed my green card application. But it is not recived my credit card. I under mention you to my request and youre answer also my bank document. Also my bank infrom me to youre not refuned this payment. My application no154338973

[email protected]

Sun, Sep 2, 2018, 5:58 PM

to me

Dear duminda priyadarshana,

Unique Number:154338973

Please note that your Green Card Lottery Application will be closed and your account will be refunded with the sum of $1000.

Please note that the refund will be issued from our company immediately. Usually, it takes around 7-10 business days until you see the funds in your account and credit card statement.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

You may contact us at: +1-646-517-6786 (USA)

For more ways to contact us, please enter our website at:

Yours sincerely,

Customer Relations Management
USAFIS ORGANIZATION
Tel: +1-646-517-6786
Fax: +1-212-937-3322
WhatsApp: +1-646-668-2991
Email: [email protected]

Also I read and call you and confirmed this reffund, but

It is not debit my next month credit card ststment. Then I call to my bank of hsbc. My bank infrom me to already my application not closed. But I remember you to you agree to closed my application 2018-september 02. So my bank credit you to this $ 1000 payment.

So I request you to if you agree to close my application and refund payment of $1000 my credit card. I 'm very poor pepole in srilanka so I kindly request you to refund this payment. As well as I 'm sorry to I have some mistake in contact over the phone to do this transation. Because i'm not hear youre voice well. So please arrange me to refund this payment. If you have any carification call me or my bank I under mention you to my bank phone no.

Hsbc srilanka -0094114452263 or 0094 114472200

Thank you.

Duminda priyadarshana

94 777367592

HSBC Sri Lanka Credit Cards

Attachments
Mar 18, 2019, 1:35 PM (2 days ago)

to DUMINDAIND1980

Our Ref - PN/ 182245449

Dear Mr Priyadarshana

MERCHANT NAME TRANSACTION AMOUNT TRANSACTION DATE

1) USAFIS* GREENCARDSER USD500.00(Rs82, 461.26) 23 AUGUST 2018
2) USAFIS* GREENCARDSER USD500.00(Rs82, 461.26) 23 AUGUST 2018

Further to your conversation with our staff Susan Blessy Alfred on 18 March 2019, we have attached documents
received from the merchant bank.

We regret to inform you that the chargeback raised on good faith was declined by the merchant bank.

As such, we kindly request you to contact the merchant directly in order to resolve the matter amicably.

We trust this clarifies our position and appreciate your understanding in this regard and assure you of our best
service at all times.

You are a valued customer and we assure you of our best service.

Yours sincerely

Dear Mr Priyadarshana

MERCHANT NAME TRANSACTION AMOUNT TRANSACTION DATE

1) USAFIS* GREENCARDSER USD500.00(Rs82, 461.26) 23 AUGUST 2018
2) USAFIS* GREENCARDSER USD500.00(Rs82, 461.26) 23 AUGUST 2018

Further to your conversation with our staff Susan Blessy Alfred on 22 February 2019, we have attached documents
received from the merchant bank.

service at all times.

You are a valued customer and we assure you of our best service.

Yours sincerely

Praveena Machiraju
Assistant Manager Processing

View 0 more photos
Update by axio
Mar 20, 2019 2:47 am

dear sir,

i have applied green card lottery, and submitted my personal details and paied $15 payment. after youre agent call me and request my credit card details.i think that is my fault.i give him to my card no and cvv no after he asked me some questions but i'm not hear it clearly .after i request to refund my $1000 payment. also customer relation ship manager mr.richard agree to refund my payment and closed my green card application.but it is not recived my credit card. i under mention you to my request and youre answer also my bank document.also my bank infrom me to youre not refuned this payment.my application no154338973

Update by axio
Mar 20, 2019 2:35 am

DEAR SIR,

I have a applied green card lottery, and submitted my personal details and pay $15 payment via my credit card. after your agent called me and request my credit card details. I think that is my fault. i give him to my credit card number and cvv security no after he asked me some questions but I'm not hear yore officer voice clearly, after he deduct $1000 from my credit card after i request to refund my $1000 payment. also your customer relations manager mr.richard agree to refund my payment. also he called me and send me a email and closed my green card application. but my refund is not received my credit card yet. I'm under mention you to my request and Your previous mail about refund.my application no [protected]

10:19 pm

HSBC Holdings - unauthorised transaction on card no 4386759006314683

My HSBC credit card had been aunthorised transaction on 14th Oct, I called HSBC directly to cancel the card immediately when this transaction happen and they refunded me that amount on November after I fill in the dispute form.
However on January, HSBC sent me letter said that the merchant bank said the transaction is valid and they charge me back this amount and ask me to pay for it.
I already called customer service saying that this transaction is not by me and I refuse to pay. I even cancel the replacement card issued by HSBC after this unthorised transaction incident happened.
I'm not sure how the third party theft my card information and issued this transaction. There must be some leakage of information from the HSBC side as I didn't lost the card.
How can HSBC secure a customer by refunded the amount and then charge back the amount. I was very dissatisfied with HSBC. I'll not use any HSBC product in the future.

L
2:28 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I applied for a credit card and was approved. There was a security issue with the card and so it was blocked. I started calling last Friday to resolve the issue. I was on hold for over 30 minutes so I figured I called at a bad time. I tried three other times at different times and I have yet to speak to anyone about this issue. Right now I am on hold and I...

12:49 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

HSBC Is literally garbage, they don't take customers ad priority, they just let the customers wait in line for a while and just leave them hanging. This is literally the most annoying bank I've ever been too. When a customer comes in to answer a question the lady lietally just stares at the computer and completely disregard the customers existence. This i...

2:37 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear sir /mam...m nt sure when m writing this complaint if it will be addressed or even looked into, however this is to draw ur attention towards the kind of pathetic activity/lies, the third party vendor for HSBC is engaged into.i gt my HSBC card and was very happy abt it when I was staying at my rented premises in gurgaon.i moved to delhi after a couple...

HSBC Holdings contacts