Complaints & Reviews

Letter received re: inheritance from unknown relative

I received a letter today, July 11, 2020, which was dated June 17, 2020 stating a George Frink has died without an heir. Mr. Daniel Tibor of TD Canada Trust, according to his letterhead, which was photocopied with no information except the name of the bank, said he has tried to find relatives for 10 years to no avail, so he was writing to ask me to apply for the 9.2 million dollars supposedly sitting in this bank. There was no address or phone number listed on the letter.

I was to respond to his personal email: [protected]@efaxemail.com. Since I see other people have received the same offer for the same amount of money, I assume this is a scam.

Scam/ not a scam - mail fraud?

I received a letter in the mail stating that their is unclaimed trust that someone in TD Canada Trust is looking for a person who may be related to a person who passed away. I do have ancestry in Poland, so it may be possible.

I have the letter that I received in the postal mail looking for someone with my last name. My parents always mentioned that there was a farm in Poland that could be mine after my father passed away.

• Updated by John J Krzysztow · Jun 25, 2020

Let me know if you would like to see a copy of the letter.

Fake inheritance: Proclaimed account manager of Canada Trust

DANIEL TIBOR a fake male species with a low moral compass whose goal in life is to waste oxygen, while emitting degrading desires of snake driven schemes. May this lowlife immortal, a congregation of icky molecules find itself boxed in the containment in which it intended for the innocent victims, whom may have fallen upon the intended deceit.

#DANIELTIBORTheShadowsAreComingForU
#POoFBeGone

Beware: Scam Email: [protected]@efaxemail.com

Fake inheritance: Proclaimed account manager of Canada Trust

Bank tellers

Dear Sir or Madame,

I have discriminated in two different TD Bank branches this month (April 2020). I have been working as a School Teacher at Public School 149 Queens for more than 30 years for The Department of Education (New York City). Therefore, my salary is high. These Tellers refused to cash my checks twice just because of the color of my skin. I was humiliated when they claimed that my paycheck' quality was not real (?).
I showed them my I.D. Driver's License, I.D. Department of Education, my School I.D. with a photograph, and my Bank Account Number. I informed these these Tellers I needed my money to buy food for my Family and pay my Bills.

Discrimination is illegal! I am thinking about calling the news and suing td bank for discriminating me based of the color of my skin. The banks video cameras and my husband are my witnesses. I am really upset about this humiliating situation. These should not happen to any colored person. I have studied a lot to deserve a descent salary like mine! Enough is enough!

Maria Cristina Medina

Overdraft fee

TD bank has charged my business account $105.00, I am not able to get to the bank due to the Coronaviru...

They don't even get on the line, they just disconnect the call

I called for a week straight from 3/20/2020 til today 4/1/2020. And I get put on hold, the approximate wait...

Deleon Jean - account manager

I recieved a letter from a Deleon Jean with a copy of his license saying my uncle who is deceased left 47, 500, 000 in a bank there. I really don't know my all my relatives. This guy actually provided me with a license - Is this a scam? please message me at [protected] or [protected]@gmail.com

Deleon Jean - account manager

Fraudulent Letter Received in Mail Regarding Inheritance Amount

Received a letter in the mail from a Delon Jean that claims to work for TD Canada Trust Bank. I am fully aware that this letter is fraudulent and apologize to enter a complaint under TD Bank. However, I am submitting this complaint on this forum to inform others not to reply or fall for this scam. The envelop has a Canada postage, #7297850, with the letter having multiple signs that should raise immediate questions. As other post and complaints on this site, this letter was allegedly sent from Delon Jean who claims to be an Accounts Manager with TD Canada Trust Bank. Stated in the letter I could inherit over $40, 000. My lucky day...NOT!! I'm no expert on fraudulent letters but a few comments let me know 100% that it is:

1.) No Letterhead from the Bank but indicates Private and Confidential in Bold Font (why would this be private?)
2.) Correct address on top of letter for TD Canada Trust Bank in Ontario, Canada but again no letterhead
3.) Personal Email on top of letter is [protected]@yandex.com (why a personal email address if he works for the bank?)
4.) Stated in Letter: "Please take note that this transaction requires all confidentiality at this stage and I believe you are ready to keep this absolutely discreet until after the transfer of the funds" (Really!!!)
5.) Stated in Letter: "After the transfer of the funds to you, we shall share the funds in the ratio 40% for me, 60% for you" (So works for TD Trust Bank but will keep 40% of the transaction for himself...Bad bad employee!!)
6.) Stated in Letter: "Reply via my private email address: [protected]@protonmail.com" (Again, why no company email address? Oh wait, it's not even the same personal email address as the one listed above in item #3)
7.) No contact number anywhere in letter but stated in closing paragraph: "If your response is positive stating you are interested to work with me, I will provide you with my private number" (just so wrong)

For me, I could go on and on with more things on the letter that raises questions. No reference number, not even knowing the alleged relative, no name of alleged relative anywhere on search engines, etc, etc. etc!!

I specifically worry about the ones that may be desperate and reply to scams like this hoping that it is true. I worry about our elders and just the lives that can and do get destroyed from scams like this. No doubt if you do respond and give any financial information to get that 60% deposited in your account, you will find matters much worse.

Since this letter was delivered by US Postal Service, I will also be submitting forms per the information below:

The U.S. Postal Inspection Service has a fraud complaint webpage on its website. You may fill out and submit the Mail Fraud Complaint Form online. You may also call the U.S. Postal Inspection Service hotline at [protected] to file a complaint about suspected mail fraud. See related information on Mail Theft, Credit Card Fraud, and Identity Theft.

Since there are multiple alleged personal emails in this letter, I will also file complaints with the Federal Trade Commission at [protected]@uce.gov.

In addition, I will be sending the letter directly TD Canada Trust and will call their Fraudulent Hotline Customer Service Number at [protected] to report.

TD Mortgage Corp. RIF.

ref.GIC; [protected]. I received my Penson payment cheque no.[protected] on 16.12.2019, but the cheque...

Toronto Banks

closed account

I recently opened a bank account with td bank. While trying to do some online banking, I found out the bank...

Saint Albans Banks

address to send a check to pay credit card bill

I went into the branch 23rd street broadway on 2/13 at approx. 9-15-9:30. Asked Winsome if I could get the...

manager and asst manager

I have been a business customer of yours for 16 years and have written 6, 000 checks, , I was issued a bank...

customer service.

TD Bank is the worst bank I have ever dealt with. TD hires rude incompetent customer service agents who do not listen to or answer your questions and then act passive-aggressively when you call them out. Instead of ever fixing any of their massive problems, they continue to suck on every level and destroy people's lives. I have not been able to sign into online banking for months, so I'm forced to call customer service and deal with their stupidity over and over again. How can a bank shut down its system/your ability to access your account during the night when that's when most fraud happens? How convenient, idiots. They say that sign-in issues only happen during the night when they update the system, but that's bs; I have not been able to sign into my account for MONTHS, and when I did months ago, I had to type my name and password in BACKWARDS; Wow, that's some genius who designed a web app that only works backwards. Ridiculous. What is wrong with these people? The woman I just spoke to was an idiot...She didn't answer my questions, implied I was wrong about something I was not wrong about, and completely wasted my time by being deliberately unhelpful and catty...LOSER. These people literally don't care about you or your money. Is it normal for a fraud department to close at night? I've never heard of that...In this day and age, that's unbelievable for a bank. I can no longer deal with the customer service agents at TD, so I am closing my bank account as soon as I move to Florida. TD Bank used to be decent, but now they've gone downhill. There was once a time when TD cared about their customers...That time is long gone.

overdraft charges

I am writing to information you of the dissatisfaction that I am receiving regarding overdraft charges to my...

fees

To whom it may concern, Recently I was changed over from a passbook savings to a Small Business Money Market Plus. Two days ago I received a statement with a fee attached to it. I promptly brought the statement to our local TD and asked them to explain the fee, they did not know. After 15 minutes of checking the computer systems, both upper-level employees explained it was because I deposited over 50 checks in ONE month. Well, come on folks... What small business does not deposit 50 checks in ONE MONTH?? I asked about fees when I opened this account, along with many other questions, the aforementioned was not explained to me. Nor was it explained to the two upper-level employees, who gratefully helped me find out what was up. I think this fee is a bad idea. For me to be served with a fee every month for putting TOO much money in your bank. From what I was told the old check overage amount was something like 10, 000. Even if you raised it to two hundred, it would help small businesses like us to go on peacefully without worrying about how many checks we deposit before getting hit with a fee.

visa automatic debit card

I am a nurse aide local hospital with a learning disability. Td bank froze my account due to visa thinking...

overdraft fees and bad math

Your actual balance is showed on top and your ledger balance is illegible. And they do not explain when opening the account that the debit card can be used 5 time a day to a balance you think you have... only for a maximum of $175 overdraft fees per day... while it seems you have money in the bank... shame on TD and happy for the $70 million dollar settlement but they are still doing this and today to me. I tried to put ZERO stars.

home mortgage

Tried to get a mortgage for my first home 3 years ago and the person I spoke with was incredibly unhelpful, condescending, and uncommunicative. I understand there were some concerns regarding my finances but Bunny Corbin (with her horrible hick accent) was the most unhelpful person I had the displeasure of dealing with during the whole process. I practically had to chase her with calls so she could finally tell me I was not approved. Wasted my time and didn't want to help at all.

I actually ended up getting a mortgage with another bank (they were super helpful and understood I needed some guidance) and 3 years later, we're doing great in our home!

I recently had a friend go through a similar experience with TD Bank and I just had to get my complaint out to the world.
I would never ever recommend TD Bank for anything. Thanks, Bunny!

to use a notary public

The bank manager who was a notary, had no knowledge if she could notarize a affidavit. She did not know, ask...

closing branch

I am extremely disappointed that "THE MOST CONVENIENT BANK" has chosen to close their New Boston NH branch.
It will be very inconvenient for anyone in town especially small businesses.
I guess this is what happens when a bank gets too large. They loose sight of their loyal customers daily banking needs.
As a small business owner I use this branch almost daily. This closing is much more than just an inconvenience. I will have to restructure my banking needs. TD bank may very well not be a part of these changes.
Sincerely
Steve Young / New Boston Hardware [protected]

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices