H and R Block / fees

United States, Ohio, University Heights Review updated:
h&r block
University Heights
For Christmas I took out a advance from h and r. Due to the economy there were a lot of people getting a loan. You had the choice of making monthly
payments to pay the money back, or you can pay it in full. I decided to mmake 40 dollar monthly payments. To my suprise when I filed my taxes they automatically took the loan out of my refund plus 350 preparers fee and left me with hardly anything!! 350 fee? !! I can see 100 at the most. They are cleaning up. But God is gna fix the problem. Greed is what lead this country into recession and H and R will not prosper doing that. Good Luck Hand R block!!!

A  20th of Jul, 2009 by
H & R Block Melbourne is a rip off. Amongst all the accountants I have come across, the reception lady on the phone was the most impolite, all the time. And, the fees are charged at high rate regardless how bad the service is. They do not make clear of service charges, they just go with the flow and send you big bill at the end of the deal (unless you ask for the price). Despite of all the ads on tv, which is why I am giving this company a try, they had been such a big disappointment to me. Although, I managed to find ONE employee that actually treats human as human. Other than that, what am i paying for? service? No. way. This is a one-off and I will not go back to H & R Block and WILL NOT recommend ANYONE to go to them, ever!
N  26th of Jan, 2011 by
hey, sunshine, guess what else?!? They are not doing RAL b/c they CLAIM they aren't making enough profit from it?!? REALLY?!?So, I am taking my return elsewhere, jeeping my $900.and paying yippie tax 200 for the 10 day wait. I know its wrong to screw h and r outta the 900 I borrowed, but I have done it for four yrs and always paid it back, but THIS year they say, AFTER I got the xmas loan, that they no longer had the RAL, so if I pay 500, I still have to wait 2 weeks, (or more!) for the refund anyway, so why the hell are they allowed to charge 500 for a regular return from the IRS? You can do it easily online straight to the IRS for 40 bucks! and STILL get it in 2 weeks! They are immoral, they target poor people who are desperate, I am sure they will HUNT ME DOWN for the 900, but it will temporarily feel good to screw them over!

H&R Block / HRB Digital Logo H&R Block / HRB Digital