Internal Revenue Service [IRS] Logo

Internal Revenue Service [IRS]

Having problems with Internal Revenue Service [IRS]?

Internal Revenue Service [IRS] Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 829 1040 (Individuals)
+1 800 829 4933 (Businesses)
+1 877 829 5500 (Exempt Organizations, Retirement Plan Administrators & Government)
+1 866 699 4083 (Estate & Gift)
+1 866 699 4096 (Excise Tax Function)
+1 844 545 5640 (Taxpayer Assistance Locator)
+1 267 941 1000 (International Taxpayer Service)
+1 787 522 8601 (International Taxpayer Advocate)
77 K St. NE
Washington, District of Columbia
United States - 20002-4678

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Internal Revenue Service [IRS] Customer Service. Initial Internal Revenue Service [IRS] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Internal Revenue Service [IRS] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Internal Revenue Service [IRS]. Discuss the issues you have had with Internal Revenue Service [IRS] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Internal Revenue Service [IRS] Complaints & Reviews

Internal Revenue Service [IRS]Form 1040-SR Lines 1 and 5a

The 1040 instructions refer to line 1 and mentions annuities. Line 5a shows "Pensions and Annuities". Is it optional on which lines annuities are entered? Some may enter the same annuities on both lines. My inclination is to list all annuities on line 5a and no annuities on line 1. Will this be correct? Closer attention needs to be made between directions in the 1040 Instructions and the directions on the respective forms.

Sep 17, 2020

Internal Revenue Service [IRS] — Stimulus check not received

I been waiting for my stimulus check in now still I am waiting in now it s seems like it been longer than...

Jul 13, 2020

Internal Revenue Service [IRS] — IRS committed check fraud against me

In June of 2019, I accidentally mailed a check clearly payable to Minnesota Revenue in the amount of $2, 500...

May 05, 2020

Internal Revenue Service [IRS] — Complaint against IRS regarding my reporting on persons nearby I contacted IRS about - using FORM 3949-A and sending detailed notes

I will attempt to keep this brief. Two months ago (approx.) I sent three FORM 3949-As and detailed...

Internal Revenue Service [IRS]stimulus check discrimination

i would like to know why the irs is taking money from people that really need it at this time, if you have child support, you cant get no check, that is not right at all, you have people out here about to be put out of they house, and they think its funny, you guys are forcing people to do things they dont want to do to take care of their family, its ashame the irs would do something like that in this time of need, and ive read the care act and there is nothing in it that say take money from people who owe that money, the irs taking it upon itself to do that,

Apr 29, 2020

Internal Revenue Service [IRS] — I didn't received my stimulus check

Dear Sir/Madam: My name is Tony Bobet I resided at 1710 Seward Avenue, Apt#5G, Bronx, New York City 10473...

Apr 20, 2020

IRS — In league with "tax relief" providers; tax refunds

I discovered a long lasting scheme, that persists today, though I caused the appearance of reform in 2011...

Internal Revenue Service [IRS]individual tax return

I submitted my 2018 tax return end of March 2019. Around June 2019 after not receiving a refund or any correspondence I decided to call the IRS. My first call in June the rep advised that my return was in a 9 week review which will end around June 29th. When I asked why and for what the rep stated that it was a "random" review. On June 29 I called the IRS and spoke with another rep. This rep advised that she didnt see anything about a 9 week review but she did see that my return was still sitting in one area when it should have been referred to another. She then referred it and advised me to allow 4-8wks. After about 4weeks I called and spoke with another rep who advised to continue to allow the remaining weeks. Two weeks passed and I decided to call anyway, in which this 4th rep stated that my return is under review and I should be received correspondence via mail in 7 days which was already day 4. I still have not received any correspondence. So, today August 19 I decided to call and speak with a Supervisor. The rep insisted to help and not transfer me despite my plea to speak with a Supervisor. After 1hour of holding, the rep had the audacity to tell me tha my return was referred on 8/15 and allow 8 weeks!!! I told her that ws unacceptable and demanded a Supervisor ASAP! She placed me on a 5min hold and advised that no Supervisor was available but to expect a call back in 24-48 hours.
      I am utterly disgusted and have never experienced such inconsistency and unprofessionalism ever! I will wait the 48hrs and see what this response will be.

Internal Revenue Service [IRS]customer service, website

Filed my return in June, didn't get any response. They mailed a letter on July 11, 2019, apparently stating they need more info. They couldn't tell me on the phone what that information was, said I had to wait a month, I can't call again and ask until August 11. The first time I called, the wait time was 30 minutes, after which they dropped the call; the second time 1:15 to find out they couldn't tell me anything. Since I live in Germany, I get charged for calling 1-800 numbers, can't wait to see that phone bill. They have the address of my 2017 return, not my 2018 return, in their data-base. My fear is that they sent it to the old address, haven't lived there in a year. But of course, no one could tell me, and apparently no one bothered to update my address when I submitted my 2018 return.

I tried to set up an account on line so I could see what I could see, but the information they have on me is so screwed up that the web-site keeps telling me my information is incorrect. I don't have a crystal ball, or access to the data-base, so I can't tell what the heck I'm supposed to be inputting, information from the 2017 or 2018 return. Now I have to wait 24 hours to try again, probably just to be kicked off again.

There is a reason that the IRS terrifies and intimidates me. While both of the people on the phone were nice, actual assistance was non-existent. I hate trying to do something like set up an account, because I know what is coming, and that I will end up frustrated and angry, as I do now. Calling your number, or signing on to your web-site, honestly and truly gives me a stomach ache, because I dread what is coming. I know you folks are over-worked and underpaid, I'm a federal employee too. However, the mind-numbing beaurocratic hurdles are something out of an Orwell novel.

This was the only place I can find on the web-site to file a complaint, but the drop down category doesn't actually include the IRS. I'm bracing for the response that says, "sorry, we don't consider customer complaints on this service." Then I'll probably just curl into a fetal position and suck my thumb the rest of the day.

Teresa A. Robison

Jan 03, 2019

Internal Revenue Service [IRS] — camp second chance homeless camp, 9701 meyers way, seattle, wa

Unregistered homeless camp second chance has been soliciting donations (funding) via internet over the last...

Internal Revenue Service [IRS] — the change in the irs website and auditing process

I am concerned that the IRS website has changed appearance. The colors of the American flag red, white, and...

Andover

Internal Revenue Service [IRS] — customer service 06/27/2018

I have had issue's with the irs since febuary/2018, that the irs created. They duplicated my taxes and...

Internal Revenue Service (IRS)customer service

6/14/2018 at 0900
          [protected] ext 362
          reference #1502

I was told Mr. Staples was my representative. I asked him questions regarding my refund status and he refused to transfer me to someone else after he misunderstood my questions several times. When I asked to be transferred he hung up on me. I waited on hold for over 30 min. I was on the phone with him for less than 3 min. My questions were not answered and he was rude.

• Ab
              Abby B Sep 23, 2019

I waited over three hours. The woman could not figure out my question she put me on hold over 45 minutes. When she finally told me she could not figure it out and that i would receive a letter by mail in about 2 week I questioned that I wanted to make sure nothing went wrong and she HUNG UP ON ME! Her name is D. Walters #[protected]. What should I do now?

Internal Revenue Service (IRS)form 1040 instructions

I do my own taxes. Elementary arithmetic for sure, but if you ever spent undistracted time actually reading the instructions for 1040 et al, you soon see how the big boys cut their tax bill.

Undistracted is the key word. You need to flip pages, back and forth, read stuff over again, think about what you read, go get the stuff you have that you think applies...

A computer is for video games, social, net flix, etc. Fiddling with a mouse, and a program format to get to a stinking sentence is distracting. You miss a lot. You miss even more if you just "click" to another page and can't recall where you were 5 minutes ago.

Oh... You can grind through 75 pages of (now $6 a pack) paper (it was $3.99 just 4 years ago) and drain a $40 inkjet cartridge by "download it and print." eff that! I want a stinking hard copy of those form 1040 instructions sent to my mailbox! Just like they always were.

Is the federal government now quietly subsidizing staples? Sure seems like it.

I have no problem with downloading a 2 page form and priuning it, nor do I have an issue with e-file. But how I get to that computation is the important part. And decades of experience has taught me that that 1040 instruction booklet is like scribe notes in medical school. You have to study that stuff - sometimes repeatedly, and with no computer operation distractions. A hard copy is necessary to accomplish that. Many things are hidden in there. You gotta look! Ot you'll miss it.

Requested a form 1040 instruction booklet 3 weeks ago. 2 other forms/instructions came but the 1040? Nope. Do you have to be a cpa to get your mitts on those these days? I guess so. You shell out $500 for some clown to do what any sixth grade graduate can do in any ordinary circumstance. Oh... My bad... That $500 you pay jacks up the gdp. Yeah, I get it. They can have it.

I want that form 1040 instruction booklet in my mailbox, every year whether I request it or not.

• Updated by JKWilliams · May 12, 2018

I'm talking INSTRUCTIONS here. I'm not about to print out 70 pages.

Internal Revenue Service (IRS) — tax return

My name is Christopher Frank and I went to H&R Block to get professional tax preparation. I e-filed my return...

Fake IRS Internal Revenue Serviceirs internal revenue service phone fraud scam

Voicemail from [protected]
              "Hello this call is officially a final notice from IRS Internal Revenue Service. The reason of this call is to inform you that IRS is filling lawsuit on your name because you had tried to do a fraud with the IRS Internal Revenue Service. And we are taking legal action and we are issuing an arrest warrant on your name to get more information regarding this case file. Just call us back on our department number [protected]. I will repeat it [protected]. Thank you."

Internal Revenue Service (IRS) — Person using my personal info

My name is Demaje Clark my social is [protected] my daughter mother kaylon montel Stewart has all my personal...

IRSFraudulent tax emails

Your Tax Refund was unable to complete.

From: IRS.gov [mailto:[protected]@pop.cz]
                Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 11:07 AM
                To: me

Tax Refund Notification:
                A tax refund of $1254.52 - was unable to complete. Due to invalid account record, we were unable to credit your account.

This is a reminder to process your Tax Refund request as soon as possible, Please submit the tax refund request and allow us 5-6 days in order to process it.

Note : A refund can be delayed for variety of reasons, for example submitting invalid records or applying after deadline.
                Click Here to submit your tax refund request:
                Submit Tax Refund Now
                Best Regards
                Internal Revenue Service.

IRS — Money

My husband received a call at 1307 from [protected]. It came up on caller ID as District of Columbia. The...

IRS — Fake & threatening calls saying from IRS

Got same type call from [protected] this morning. HEAVY Middle Eastern accent (*expletive* towel heads tryin...