Family Dollar Store / management

2417 Gus Thomasson Rd, Dallas, United States Review updated:

I'm a team member at this store and my wallet was stolen from behind the cashier counter on Monday, March 10, 2014 between the hours of 4:00p.m. and 9:00pm. On this day I was told that the cameras were not working there fore cameras could not be reviewed. When I made the police report I informed them that the management there had just told me the cameras were not working. Then two days later I was informed that the cameras were indeed working but that the monitors were not and that as soon as monitors were replaced footage could be reviewed. Now yesterday Monday, March 17, 2014 the new cameras were installed and now has the footage been destroyed? The police made it sound like it was an inside job involving my co-worker, now my concern is how long have I been in danger without working cameras at cashier stations? I feel that Family Dollar is not concerned about employees. I think that the safety of employees should be somewhere at the top of concerns.

Ma
Mar 18, 2014

Comments

• Ge
      18th of Mar, 2014

How much money could they have stolen? You work at family dollar for crying out loud!

• Do
      18th of Mar, 2014

I've done resets at a number of FD stores, and every one has lockable storage bins for the employees. Why did you leave your wallet unsecured? Seems careless to me.

• Mi
      13th of Jun, 2014

I feel for you losing your wallet, but come on...you left it laying in the open. Might as well have put a sign up reading 'Steal Me!' I bet you've learned to leave it in your car or locker, huh?