eDreams / cancellation insurance

1 Spain

My flight confirmed by Edreams was not covered by flight cancellation insurance
Edreams confirmed a flight with me but did not confirm anything with the airlines involved.
I have good reason to believe that I have been defrauded by eDreams. How do I claim my entitlements and ensure that unscrupulous on-line booking agents do not mislead me or others. It is also in the interest of the industry and the travelling public that the directors of fraudulent on-line booking companies are identified and prevented from trading in the future.

My four flights were first "confirmed pending payment.” PayPal immediately confirmed payment. After five days and various queries on my part, I was informed that eDreams had not arranged the flights with the airlines involved to begin with. This was contrary to the message they provided; “your reservation is confirmed.”

At the time of booking, I also paid eDreams for flight cancellation insurance.
The insurer, ACE European Group later stated -"the policy subscribed does not cover the payment of this type of claim. Please, send your claim directly to eDreams."
In my correspondence with EDreams, I highlighted how the same flights continued to be available on the company’s website. I also suggested alternative flights that would have cost fractionally more than the original. This was ignored. I was simply refunded, three days before the first of the three flights was scheduled to depart.
I ask for your help, as I need to have faith in on-line booking agents.

Ed