Menu
Fareportal Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Fareportal
reviews & complaints

www.cheapoair.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.3 40 Reviews

Fareportal Complaints Summary

9 Resolved
12 Unresolved
Our verdict: Dealing with Fareportal, which has an average resolution rate, requires some diligence. Research their service in depth and read a variety of customer reviews for a balanced view. Approach any customer service interactions with detailed and well-prepared queries to facilitate a better resolution process.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Fareportal has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Fareportal. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Newest Fareportal reviews & complaints

E
12:00 am EST

Fareportal Navigating the highs and lows of Fareportal Inc

Hey fellow travelers! If you're on the hunt for affordable flights, you might have come across Fareportal Inc., known for its platform CheapOair. I've been sifting through a sea of customer experiences to give you the scoop on what to expect. It seems like a mixed bag, with some folks singing praises for snagging unbeatable deals and others feeling a bit let down by customer service hiccups. The user-friendly website and app are a hit, making booking a breeze for many. However, a few travelers have mentioned that the low prices can come with a catch – like non-refundable tickets and surprise fees that pop up like uninvited travel buddies. And when it comes to changes or cancellations, patience is key, as the process can be as slow as a baggage carousel. But hey, if you're all about getting from A to B without breaking the bank and you've got a flexible attitude, Fareportal Inc. might just be your ticket to a great deal. Just remember to read the fine print and keep your expectations as packed as your carry-on!

C
8:10 am EST
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fareportal Frustrated with CheapOair's Mistakes and Poor Service: A Cautionary Tale

I'm realy upset with the service I got from CheapOair. They messed up the names on my tickets, and it wasn't my fault at all. The way they put the names was different from what's in our passports. I wasted so much time trying to get CheapOair to talk to the airline to fix it. At first, their agents told me I should call the airline myself. When I did, the airline said no, it had to be the agent who booked the tickets. I had to push hard to get a CheapOair agent to finally agree to call the airline. Then they said I'd have to shell out 50 bucks for each ticket to change the names. I refused to pay since it wasn't my mistake. I explained how upset and worried I was about our trip, and they finally said they wouldn't charge me the fee. But then they wanted me to email them copies of our passports to sort it out. I've sent the emails twice now, and all I got back was one message saying they're working on it. It's been nearly two weeks and still no word from them. I really regret buying tickets through CheapOair. A couple of my friends had the same problem with them, not just once but twice. We're starting to think CheapOair does this on purpose, so they can charge us extra for fixing their mistakes or for cancelling and rebooking. They might be cheap when it comes to service, but definitely not when it comes to pricing. I wouldn't suggest using CheapOair to anyone.

C
6:46 am EST

Fareportal Regretful Experience with Cheapoair: Hidden Costs and Poor Service

I'm never buying plane tickets from Cheapoair again and I wouldn't suggest anyone else does either. Their site is super confusing and the deals on flights seem good but they're not. I ran into trouble when I had to switch flights because they messed up my original booking. Trying to fix it online was impossible, so I had to call and talk to an agent who barely spoke English. Even though I had bought flight insurance for changes, he still charged me for switching flights. To make matters worse, he switched all my flights to basic economy without saying a word. For those who don't know, with basic economy you don't get to pick your seats, you could be kicked off the flight, and you can't bring any carry-on or checked bags, just a small personal item. I was stunned that I got charged more to get less than what I paid for, which was regular economy seats, and the agent didn't even mention it.

I spent over $2200 for two roundtrip tickets from TPA to HNL, but if I'd booked directly with Delta, the airline Cheapoair put us on, it would've cost me $1800. Now, I'm out another $475 just to make sure we can sit together. Every time I reach out to Cheapoair for help, they just tell me to talk to Delta and say they can't do anything. It's like nobody wants to take responsibility and they just keep passing the buck. The customer service is the worst. Seriously, don't waste your money on this site. You'll end up regretting it for sure.

Is Fareportal legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board has reviewed Fareportal and concludes it's largely legitimate, assigning a high trust rating. This suggests that interactions with Fareportal's website can generally be considered safe, allowing users to proceed with a degree of confidence. Trust in Fareportal's services, but remain informed and cautious.

Fareportal earns 77% level of Trustworthiness

High Trust Suggestion: Fareportal evaluated with 77% trust by Complaints Board. Safe for use, yet remain cautious with personal data.

Fareportal has received 5 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Cheapoair.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Fareportal website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Several positive reviews for Fareportal have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up Fareportal and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Fareportal protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • Complaints Board has received reports that the website may be a possible fraud. To protect yourself, consider using a different website. If you find that the website is indeed fraudulent, report them to us, to help protect other consumers.
  1. Pros (Advantages)
    3. Less brand recognition than competitors
    4. Fee structures can be less transparent
T
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fareportal Bait-and-Switch Alert: CheapOair Changed My Airline Without Notice!

When I booked my flight on CheapOair, everything looked good. The site showed the flight was with OpenSkies and even had the British Airways logo, so I knew what I was getting. Got two emails confirming everything too, which made me feel pretty sure about the whole thing.

But then, when I checked my booking later in the "My Trips" part of the site, I couldn't believe it – they'd switched the airline to EasyJet without telling me! That's not what I signed up for, and it really shook my trust in CheapOair.

I got on the phone with their customer service right away to sort it out. Talked to a guy named Ash, but he wasn't much help at all. He kinda just brushed off my problem, which isn't the way to handle this kind of mix-up.

I gotta say, I never wanted to fly with EasyJet. I chose OpenSkies for a reason, and I thought CheapOair had me covered.

I've used CheapOair before and expected better from them. They need to fix this fast and make it right, or they're gonna lose a customer.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fareportal Beware of CheapOair's Booking Blunders: A Cautionary Tale of Travel Troubles

So I gotta tell you about my experience with CheapOair, and trust me, it's not good at all. You might wanna tell your friends to steer clear cause there's nothing cheap or smart about using CheapOair.

Here's the quick version: They set me up to fly to Charlotte, got me a car to drive to Asheville, and then a flight back from Asheville. Sounds simple right? But here's the catch, the car they booked for me had to be dropped off back in Charlotte. And they didn't even mention this until I was already in Charlotte. Like, how does that even make sense?

Now for the full story: I was flying out of Rochester, NY to Charlotte, NC, and had a car rental booked through CheapOair with SIXT to get me to Asheville. The plan was to drop the car off at Asheville airport and catch my flight back to Rochester. But when I get to the SIXT counter, the agent looks at me like I'm crazy. Turns out, CheapOair messed up big time because SIXT doesn't even have a drop-off in Asheville. They've only got the one location in North Carolina, and that's at the Charlotte airport. So obviously, I couldn't rent the car. I get on the phone with CheapOair's so-called customer service, and I'm getting tossed around to like five different people, all telling me I got the wrong department. Finally, they tell me there's nobody around who can fix their mistake. They say the best they can do is get back to me in 24 to 72 hours after they review the call recordings. Meanwhile, I'm stuck with no car. Since it was Sunday and Mother's Day to boot, my only option was Avis, which cost me an arm and a leg, jumping from $206 to $500 for a one-way rental to Asheville.

Now it's been over 72 hours, and guess what? Not a peep from CheapOair. Their mistake cost me an extra 300 bucks. I'm so ticked off, I'm gonna blast them on every social media platform I can find, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and hit up any government agency that deals with travel stuff. They need to know how CheapOair treats their customers.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fareportal Beware of CheapOair: Misleading Prices and Verification Hassles Ruined Our Trip!

Booked our vacation tickets through CheapOair and had a tough time cause the advertised prices weren't actually available. Took ages, but when we finally got to the checkout, we got hit with a charge from American Airlines for $3914.20.

I used Apple Pay, so I saw the charges right away.

Here's the breakdown:
2 Adult Tickets - $978.55 each, total $1957.10
2 Child Tickets (12-15y) - $978.55 each, total $1957.10
Subtotal - $3914.20
Agency Fees - $164.00
Grand Total - $4078.20

Thought we were all set after the airline charge, so we went ahead and booked our rental car and hotels.

Next day, I tried picking our seats, but no luck.

Called them up, and they say there's a problem with my card verification!

I'm like, the airline already charged me, but they're on about extra security checks and hit me with some weird questions.

They promised the tickets would be issued in 3 to 5 minutes after their so-called verification.

But guess what? No tickets.

Called them again, wanting to know what's up, and they're back to that verification story, which was done and dusted hours ago.

After wasting hours on the phone, they finally say they can't honor the original price but can offer tickets at a much higher rate.

I'm arguing that they've already taken our money, but they're saying prices changed, and they can't help.

Had no choice but to dispute the charge and change our plans since we couldn't get flights for the same dates anymore.

Ended up losing money on the changes, not to mention the extra stress and frustration it caused my family, all thanks to their dishonesty and incompetence.

My advice? Steer clear of CheapOair. They're not honest, and they don't care about their customers, just their profits.

S
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fareportal Endless Runaround with CheapOair Customer Service – A Frustrating Booking Ordeal

I've been trying to book this vacation for the third time now and I've had to talk to like 5 different customer service reps from CheapOair. They seemed to be trying to help, but honestly, it just felt like I was getting bounced around from one department to another, kinda like a pinball. I don't get why there's so much back and forth. Plus, I get that I'm talking to people from another country, but when the first problem popped up, someone should've given us a call to let us know and try to sort it out. Instead, we didn't hear a peep and had to deal with it ourselves. It felt like we were getting the blame instead of the airline or hotel.

I know booking through a third-party site can get messy and complications are bound to happen. The team did what they could, but it didn't really feel like help. When I asked to talk to a supervisor or manager, they just flat out said no. There was also this lack of empathy in the conversations with the customer service reps. They stick to their scripts, sure, but the way you say things matters a lot. I work as a supervisor in a call center myself, and the tone they used wouldn't be acceptable in my team.

Another thing is the pricing on the site. It's not always accurate, and that's a problem. It makes the company look bad, especially when the prices are pretty much the same as other third-party sites.

To wrap it up, I think everyone did try to help, but there was definitely some miscommunication. I also don't get why not everyone is trained on the whole booking process. If they were, then when someone calls in, they could help with everything – flights, hotels, car rentals, packages – without passing the call around. Talking to just one person instead of four would make things way smoother.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fareportal Beware of CheapOair's Bait-and-Switch Tactics: A Booking Nightmare!

I recently tried booking a flight through CheapOair and honestly, it was a total nightmare. The prices they show you at first seem great, but as soon as you hit the book button, it's like they just disappear or jump up like crazy. I mean, I tried to be quick, even finished a booking in 3 minutes, but nope, the price was never the same after clicking book. It's like they tease you with a good deal and then it's gone in a flash.

I spent a whole three hours trying to get my flight sorted because every time I thought I had it, the site told me the price was 'sold out' and I had to start over. And let me tell you, it didn't matter how short I kept my booking session, the prices just kept going up.

Honestly, it's really disappointing when you're looking for a good deal on travel and you end up with this kind of service. I'd tell anyone looking to book a flight to just skip CheapOair and go straight to the airline. It's not worth the stress and the time you waste, and any savings you think you're getting are just an illusion.

And get this, if you try to leave a bad review, they make it seem like you made a mistake and ask you to 'fix' it. It's like they can't handle the truth that their service is just not up to par. It's not right that they put the pressure on us, the customers, to overlook their bad service. It's on them to make it better, not on us to pretend it's okay.

E
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fareportal Confusing Booking and Support with CheapOair: Seat Selection and Layover Woes

I've had a pretty confusing experience with CheapOair, especially when it comes to connecting flights and customer support. I've bought flight tickets in the past and never had to pick seats before. I mean, I'm not even on the plane yet, so how am I supposed to know which seats to choose? They show you a map or picture, but how's a regular person who's not in the airline industry supposed to understand that? Usually, I just pick the time, day, and destination and once I pay for everything – the tickets, fare, taxes, and agent fees – that's it, I'm done. I booked 2 tickets for me and my mom, and we always got seats next to each other without having to choose. Now they keep asking me to select seats, and it's got me wondering, if I don't pick now, does that mean we'll have to stand the whole flight? When I called their office, the agent told me that if I don't choose seats now, my mom and I might not sit together, even though I booked the tickets together?

Another thing, I've flown with Korean airlines a bunch of times, and when there's a long layover, like over 12 hours, they usually give you a place to stay at Incheon airport without me having to ask. Even if I got the tickets cheap. But with CheapOair, it's my first time using them, and I thought it'd be the same. I get that I have to pay more because I'm coming from a small city with an extra connecting flight to a bigger US airport before heading to Incheon. That's fine, I get that – more flights, more money, no complaints there.

But what I'm upset about is that they didn't explain the restrictions on layovers at the airport when choosing this flight. Instead of just pushing me to pick a seat and pay more for expensive tickets, they should've told me that Incheon airport wouldn't provide a place to stay for a layover on certain routes, like from Atlanta, GA, for example. I had no idea about this until after I paid for the ticket online. When I called CheapOair, the employee said he didn't know and told me to call Korean airlines for information about layover accommodations. He just said if I bought more expensive tickets, the wait would be shorter. No warning that I wouldn't get help with a place to stay at the airport because of some restrictions that I bet not many people know about.

I've waited for over 12 hours at Incheon airport before, and Korean airlines helped with accommodations, even when I bought the tickets cheap months in advance. Now, after paying, I find out there are restrictions for certain flights or routes where Korean airlines won't help with accommodations. After trying to call Korean airlines more than 10 times, as CheapOair's employee suggested, I finally learned about these restrictions. Then, when I tried to cancel or change flights right after talking to Korean airlines, I was told I'd have to pay a penalty plus the difference in flight cost?

It feels like a trap for penalties, which seems like a way to make money instead of just selling tickets. How many people wouldn't cancel or change their flights after finding out about this issue?

When I called CheapOair back, they said they could book a hotel 30 minutes from the airport, but I don't want to be outside the airport. I've heard too many stories about people missing their flights and other problems. Korean airlines couldn't help either because of the route restrictions, which I still don't fully understand. Now I just have to hope for the best when I get to Incheon airport.

G
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fareportal Booking Blunder: Wrong Destination & No Ticket from Cheapo Air!

Bookin Number ***

I usally don't make a fuss over service issues cuz stuff happens, right? But I've been on the phone with Cheapo Air's customer service twice now and they kept telling me I'd get my "Confirmation email with the ticket real soon". They even said my payment went through fine and everything was set. Still, no tickets in my inbox. Then there's this message pops up on my screen saying "Your flight has been confirmed to Las Vegas". But hey, I'm supposed to be heading to Vancouver BC, so you can see why I'm kinda worried about where this ticket they're talking about is actually for. Plus, I gotta book some other flights to connect with this one, and I'm not about to do that with all this mess not sorted out.

Checking my account, looks like the airline's got their cash and Cheapo's taken theirs for the insurance I bought – starting to question if that was a smart move now.

We're talking 18 hours since I booked. Cheapoair tells their customers they'll send tickets within 30 minutes, just like the other guys do.

Sorry, but I can't say anything good or recommend these folks right now.

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fareportal Endless Rescheduling Nightmare with CheapOair: A Loyal Customer's Frustration

I've been dealing with a real headache with CheapOair lately. My flight's been rescheduled three times now. Originally, I was set to leave on July 19, but then it got bumped up to June 18. I've been on the phone with various managers for three days straight, and they finally came up with a new date for July 16, which is still a whole week earlier than planned. The manager promised me a confirmation email within 2 hours, but I ended up having to call them back after waiting 6 hours because I didn't get anything. They keep saying there's technical issues and offering me a refund, but that's not gonna cut it for me.

I'm stuck calling them every single day without getting anywhere. I'm supposed to fly with three other adults who've already scheduled their time off work, plus three little kids. This situation is just terrible. They don't seem to offer any real solutions, and every time we think we've got something sorted, they come back with the same old excuses. They don't seem to get it or even want to help, knowing full well we can't afford to miss our flight or just switch our vacation days – our jobs could be at stake here. A refund is useless to me at this point. We've already spent money on clothes and presents that we can't just take back. I've been a loyal customer for over 10 years, and they really need to step up and help out.

H
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fareportal Beware of CheapOair's Booking Nightmares: Charged in Full, No Return Flight, No Support!

So I booked a round trip with CheapOair and they charged my card for the whole thing, and I got a PNR for the trip there but nothing for the return.

Then I get this email from CheapOair telling me my card's been declined and I need to update my payment to keep my booking. But here's where I'm confused:
1) If my card was declined, how come the first part of my trip got booked?
2) My card's been charged for the full amount, so why aren't my flights confirmed?
3) I've been trying to reach out for the past couple of days and there's been zero response. Didn't they promise it would be easy to book?

Now I'm stuck. I can't book with someone else cause my money's gone and CheapOair isn't getting back to me.

Here's the bad stuff:
They lure you in with prices that don't seem real.
They're not upfront about what's included, like baggage.
You find out baggage costs extra only after you've booked.
Seems like they charge you extra for everything and only tell you after you've already paid.

Honestly, this is some of the worst service I've ever seen.

Fareportal Stranded by Cheapoair: A Dubai to LA Nightmare

So I just had to write a review cuz of the crazy experience I had with Cheapoair. I was tryin to get back to LA from Dubai and my flight was supposed to have two stops, one in London and then on to LAX. I got to the airport at like 9:30 in the morning and everything was lookin fine until the Emirates folks couldn't find my name for the first part of the trip. I wasn't freakin out at first, but that was a mistake. I called up Cheapoair to fix things and they had me on hold forever, like an hour and twenty, and then just hung up on me while I was still waitin on their music to stop. Fast forward to now, it's like 7:30 PM and I've talked to probably 10 different "travel experts" and a bunch of supervisors, or should I say superdupervisors. Four of them said they'd call me back after double-checkin my number, but no calls, nothing. The airline won't deal with me direct since I booked through Cheapoair and their customer service? No help at all. They didn't sort me a new ticket or even talk about making up for the mess they put me in. I had to shell out another $2300 just to get on a flight. I'm gonna take this as far as I can cuz no one should have to go through this kinda hassle.

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fareportal Stranded in Dallas: A Frustrating Standby Ordeal with American Airlines

I recently booked a trip to Anchorage, Alaska through CheapOair and had a bit of a rough experience on the way back. Our flight out of Anchorage got delayed by two hours, which meant we missed our connecting flight in Dallas. We landed at 9:15 am, and they rebooked me for a flight at 5:45 pm. I had an important meeting that evening back in Cleveland, so I asked if there was any way to get back sooner. They put me on standby for a 12:30 pm flight.

I followed all their instructions and stayed calm, even though I was really frustrated. I even explained my situation to the gate agent, hoping for some understanding. They told me where to stand for standby as the plane started boarding, and then the agent came up to me with just one ticket, saying either me or my kid could fly then, and the other would have to wait for the later flight. No way was I going to leave my 14-year-old alone in an airport for 5 hours!

Turns out, after everyone boarded, there were four tickets left. The agent gave two to a young couple and two to an older couple. I can't help but feel neither of those couples needed to be on that flight as much as I did. The way American Airlines handled the situation was just not right. Missing my meeting cost me a lot, and because of this, I've decided I won't be flying with them again.

J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fareportal Urgent Assistance Required for Elderly Passenger's Airport Transfer and Itinerary Issues

I'm currently in Madrid and on October 4th I'm flying from Madrid to Louisville, but for some reason I gotta switch airports when I hit New York. This isn't doable for me because of my age and condition. On my way here to Madrid, I had to do the same airport switch and I almost didn't make it because the flight from Louisville to Washington was delayed due to issues with the airline itself. I was also expecting some assistance which I paid for, but it wasn't there and I had to ask airport staff for help. Thankfully they were there for me and I managed to get another connection from the same airport to Philadelphia since the plane delay messed up my schedule. It was really stressful for me. So, I'm asking you to make sure that since I have wheelchair assistance, someone picks me up as soon as I get off the plane and the airline helps me get to La Guardia Airport in NEW YORK. Or else, give me a new itinerary that lets me stay at JFK Airport where I'll land from Madrid and then go straight to Louisville. I'm waiting for an urgent response. Also, I want to complain because the airline hasn't apologized for all the trouble they caused on my flight to Madrid. Thanks a lot. Waiting for a reply.

Luz Maria Araujo (Customer of Airline Airlines)

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fareportal Stranded at Denver Airport: CheapOair's Rental Car Fiasco and Customer Service Letdown

Booked my flight to Denver through CheapOair and at checkout, they offered a rental car for an extra $187. Seemed like a good deal so I took it. Landed in Denver right on time at 9:55 PM. My buddies grabbed my bags while I headed straight for the rental shuttle. Got there by 10:20 PM and ended up waiting for like 45 minutes. Tried calling the rental place but couldn't get through. Ended up having to Uber to their office, only to find out they closed at 10:30 PM.

I was ticked off. Called CheapOair to tell them what happened and the guy basically said it was my fault for not knowing the rental place's hours. Their system suggested the rental based on my flight info, but somehow it's on me that they close just 35 minutes after my flight lands? Ridiculous.

Asked the rep to sort me out with another car since I had to get to Colorado Springs for a military event the next day. He tells me it'll take hours to book another one. So I had to find a 24-hour rental place and got a car for $547. Way more than I planned to spend, all because of CheapOair's lousy system.

I'm done with them. Their customer service is terrible, and I won't be recommending them to anyone. CheapOair? More like CheapO-no-way.

H
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fareportal Stranded and Frustrated: CheapOair's Booking Blunder Leaves Traveler in Limbo

So I booked my flight with CheapOair, was heading from Santiago de Chile to the Easter Islands for a trip in May. The plan was to fly out from the 10th to the 13th of January 2024. But then, come June, they tell me the flight on the 13th is canceled. They send me off to their customer support to figure things out. Now, everyone else in my group, they got shifted to a new flight on the 14th, but for some reason, I got left out. I call up customer service, and they're like, "Sure, you can get on that flight too, just hang tight till LATAM gives us the green light."

Well, it's been four whole months, and it's still up in the air. To make matters worse, that flight on the 14th is all booked up now. There's one seat left on a flight on the 12th, which isn't ideal, but I might have to take it. The problem is, I'm stuck. I can't even cancel my ticket to buy a new one, not from CheapOair, no way. I'd have to get it straight from the airline, and guess what? The prices have shot up.

I've wasted so many hours talking to their support, waiting in line, and every single time they say they'll sort it out. They promise I'll get an email with the new flight details in 24-48 hours, they say they'll call, but do they? Nope. Then they have the nerve to send emails saying they tried to call and couldn't get through. That's a bunch of bull because my phone doesn't have a single missed call from them.

It's just terrible, you know? What am I supposed to do about my trip? Am I gonna be stuck in Santiago all by my lonesome while my friends are off enjoying the Easter Islands? It's a mess, and I'm just left hanging.

J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fareportal Bait-and-Switch Nightmare: Spirit's Deceptive $90.99 Flight Deal Turns $300

So I was checking out flights yesterday, May 24, 2023, trying to get from Baltimore to Las Vegas. Stumbled on this killer deal, like $90.99 for a round trip, direct flight with Spirit for a group of five. I'm all excited, right? I go through the booking process, punch in my card details, and bam, I hit this error message telling me to call and give them my reference ID.

I call up, and the guy on the line takes my reference, then drops the news that they've only got four seats, not five, and the price per person's jumped to either $107 or $102. I'm like, okay, let's just book the four seats then.

He starts taking down all our info, names, birthdays, and all that jazz. We get to the end, and he hits me with, "Sorry, but it's actually $300 per person now." I'm thinking, what the heck? You just told me a totally different price before you had all our details!

I try to argue, saying that's not the price he quoted earlier, but the dude just doesn't care. It's like this site's playing games, reeling you in with low prices, then hiking them up last minute when you're all set to pay.

Here's my Reference ID: ***

And for the record, my departing flight was supposed to be on Wednesday, Aug 23rd, 5:45 am, BWI flight 1179 with Spirit Airlines. The return flight was set for Saturday, Aug 26th, 11:49 am, LAS flight 1180, also Spirit Airlines.

I've still got the original price, $90.99, saved on my phone.

T

Fareportal Beware of Bait-and-Switch: My Costly Ordeal with CheapOair

I was browsing the CheapOair site and found a flight to China that looked perfect for me. I went ahead and placed my order on their site on February 15. I entered all my payment details and personal info and hit submit. Right away, the site popped up a message saying the ticket wasn't available anymore. Then, like clockwork, I got a call from a CheapOair rep. He said he could hook me up with another flight. But then, he charged me almost twice as much as the original price he told me over the phone. Since he already had my credit card info, he went ahead and charged it without me saying it's okay. When I noticed they jacked up the price after they charged my card, I got on the phone with CheapOair and told a manager that their sales guy was pulling a fast one. I demanded they cancel everything. But even after a bunch of calls to the manager, they still haven't given me all my money back. It's been nearly 5 months and I'm still out $469.

So here's what I wanna know: 1) Why didn't CheapOair have the ticket at the price they listed online? 2) If the ticket wasn't there, why did they bother taking my personal and card info? 3) Isn't this just a classic bait and switch? 4) They charged my card wrong, I lost faith and had to cancel, so why should I be out any cash? Trust is a big deal, way bigger than the $469. But yeah, I definitely want my money back.

Fareportal I booked a return ticket for my mom on August 24, 2019

I booked a return ticket for my mom on August 24, 2019. She came to Canada in November and was supposed to go back on April 13, 2020. On March 23, 2020 I received an email from them saying that " A notice of a schedule change was received". They also said in the same email "Please call us at *** between the hours of 4:30am - Midnight EST to speak to one of our representative." I tried to call them but their phones were useless, did not even work as many other people mentioned here. I knew the flight got cancelled as Edmonton International Airport was closed due to Covid-19. Therefore, I submitted an automatic request to cancel the flight. I also got an automatic replay such as: "Thank you for booking with CheapOair This message is in reference to booking ***" On March 28, 2020 I got the next email: "***" After almost two months, on May 19, 2020 they sent me an email regarding the "refund": "***" They also asked me to "acknowledge" it which was of as I was getting close to booking a flight for my mother to go home. Starting July 4 and on July 5 and 6 I tried to book a flight using the "credit". When I contacted them through their messaging system, they offered me overpriced tickets asking me to pay 650 Cad and later same evening, 1000 Cad difference (plus my credit of 689.46 Cad) for a ticket of [protected] Cad as posted on their website and KLM's website. They keep telling me that using the credit would place the new ticket in a "different" price area or something like that. They also said I could use the "credit" for booking a flight directly with KLM which I tried the next days. Therefore, I contacted KLM saying that I was having a "credit" but KLM said: "We do not just advise clients that the have received a "credit of $xxx.xx, valid only for flying on KLM, only" This may be an internal policy of your travel agency. We therefore advise you to contact your travel agent and seek clarification from them." I went back to Cheapoair showing them what KLM said and they wasted few hours asking me to wait for them while they are calling KLM to request a refund ... and eventually they sent me two different emails one after the other with different time limits for issuing the refund (1-2 billing cycles and 7-14 days): Emails 1: ***." Email 2: "***." I went back to KLM and asked if they received a request for a refund and they said: "***" I contacted KLM asking them to allow me to place a request for refund or voucher myself and they said "If you booked via a travel agency we recommend you to contact your travel agent for further assistance." So, up to this point, CheapOair is been misleading me and tried to fool me with an extremely overpriced ticket. I asked them why they are holding the credits asking their clients to book next flights only through them instead of giving vouchers or refund which is the usual practice of KLM as seen in mass media. They did not answer, attempted to call me and I refused to speak with them on the phone, requesting them to send me emails as I am collecting the proofs. As I have tried many times to work things out with CheapOair and I am unsuccessful, I am asking for help in solving this matter!

About Fareportal

Fareportal operates primarily through its website CheapOAir, offering a range of travel-related services. The platform is designed to assist customers in finding and booking various travel options, including flights, hotels, rental cars, and vacation packages. Fareportal's technology enables users to compare prices across a wide array of airlines and hotels, aiming to provide a variety of choices to suit different travel needs and budgets.

The website's interface allows for a streamlined booking process, where customers can manage their travel plans in one place. Fareportal also provides a customer service team that is available to support travelers with their bookings and answer any travel-related inquiries.

In addition to its core booking services, Fareportal offers ancillary options such as travel insurance and assistance with obtaining passports and visas. The company caters to a global customer base and has a presence in several countries, allowing it to serve travelers with international and domestic travel arrangements.

Customers using Fareportal's services can expect a focus on convenience and a selection of travel deals that the platform aggregates from various suppliers. Fareportal aims to provide a functional and accessible service for individuals planning their travel, whether for leisure or business purposes.

Fareportal Customer Reviews Overview

Fareportal operates CheapOair, a travel website offering a range of services to assist customers with their travel needs. The platform provides options for booking flights, hotels, and rental cars. Additionally, users can purchase travel insurance and find deals on vacation packages. Fareportal's technology aims to streamline the travel planning process, presenting a variety of choices for travelers to select from based on their preferences and budget. The company caters to a global customer base, aiming to facilitate travel arrangements through its online portal and customer service support.

Fareportal In-depth Review

In summary: Fareportal's CheapOair offers a comprehensive travel booking experience with a focus on affordability and convenience. While the site provides competitive prices and a variety of options, user experiences with customer service and transparency of fees may vary.

Website Usability and Design: The website is user-friendly with a clean and intuitive layout, making navigation straightforward. Visual appeal is consistent with industry standards, and the site is mobile-responsive, ensuring a seamless experience across devices.

Booking Process: The search functionality is robust, offering various filters to refine results. Booking steps are clear, though some users may find the upselling of additional services a bit aggressive. Payment options are diverse and secure, providing peace of mind to customers.

Pricing and Value for Money: Prices are competitive, often undercutting other travel sites. However, some users have reported unexpected fees at checkout, suggesting a need for greater transparency. Deals and discounts are regularly available, adding to the overall value for money.

Customer Service: Customer service experiences can be mixed. While support channels are readily available, including phone, email, and chat, the quality of support and resolution efficiency may not always meet customer expectations.

Flight Options and Availability: There is a wide variety of airlines and destinations to choose from, with flexible flight schedules. Last-minute booking options are available, catering to spontaneous travelers.

Additional Services: Customers can easily book hotels and car rentals, and travel insurance options are offered. Package deals and bundling can provide additional savings, making it convenient for those looking to book multiple services at once.

User Reviews and Testimonials: Customer satisfaction levels vary, with common praises for the ease of use and pricing, while complaints often focus on customer service and hidden fees. The trustworthiness of reviews on the site itself may be subject to scrutiny, as with any platform.

Loyalty Programs and Rewards: The rewards program offers benefits for frequent users, including a points system that can be redeemed on future bookings. Partnerships with other services add value to the loyalty program.

Cancellation and Refund Policies: Policies are outlined on the website, but clarity and fairness may depend on the specific circumstances of the booking. The process for cancellations and changes is standard, with refund timeliness generally in line with industry norms.

Accessibility and Inclusivity: The site provides services for travelers with disabilities, and multilingual support is available. Family and child-friendly options are also offered, making it accessible to a wide range of travelers.

Environmental and Social Responsibility: Information on sustainability initiatives and carbon offset programs is not prominently featured, which may be a consideration for eco-conscious travelers. Community engagement efforts, if present, are not widely publicized.

Industry Reputation and Awards: Fareportal has received recognition within the travel industry, but specific certifications, accreditations, and media coverage are not extensively detailed on the site.

Comparison with Competitors: CheapOair stands out for its competitive pricing and comprehensive search options. However, it faces stiff competition in areas such as customer service and fee transparency.

Security and Privacy: The site employs standard data protection measures and outlines its privacy policy, although the specifics of user data handling practices are not deeply detailed for users concerned with privacy.

Conclusion and Overall Rating: Fareportal's CheapOair is a solid choice for budget-conscious travelers seeking a range of options. While it excels in pricing and usability, it could improve in customer service and fee transparency. Overall, it earns a 3.5 out of 5-star rating, with recommendations for those looking for deals and willing to navigate potential service issues.

How to file a complaint about Fareportal?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account to proceed. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary information and verifying your email address.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint submission form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Fareportal. Make it specific and clear, for example, "Unexpected Charges for Flight Cancellation on CheapOair."

4. Detailing the experience: Provide a detailed account of your experience with Fareportal. Include key areas such as booking issues, customer service interactions, refund or cancellation problems, hidden fees, or any discrepancies in advertised prices versus actual charges. Mention the date and nature of the transaction, and describe the issue in detail, including what you expected versus what actually happened. If you attempted to resolve the issue with the company, outline the steps you took and the responses received. Explain how this issue has personally affected you, such as causing financial loss, stress, or inconvenience.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as receipts, email correspondence, or screenshots. However, be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy or security.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred as a result of the issue with Fareportal. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, whether it be a refund, an apology, or another form of compensation.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that you have included all relevant details and that your description is easy to understand. This will increase the likelihood of a satisfactory response.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to officially file your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Keep an eye on your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any responses or updates regarding your complaint. You may receive feedback from Fareportal or from other users who have had similar experiences.

Holistic Rating Overview

Trustpilot
Trustpilot
3.9
13775 reviews

Overview of Fareportal complaint handling

21 Fareportal reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 5, 2023. The latest review Navigating the highs and lows of Fareportal Inc was posted on Feb 12, 2024. The latest complaint Frustration with CheapOair's Customer Service and Itinerary System was resolved on May 23, 2023. Fareportal has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 21 reviews. Fareportal has resolved 9 complaints.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Fareportal phone numbers

+1 866 636 9088
+1 866 636 9088
Click up if you have successfully reached Fareportal by calling +1 866 636 9088 phone number 0 0 users reported that they have successfully reached Fareportal by calling +1 866 636 9088 phone number Click up if you have UNsuccessfully reached Fareportal by calling +1 866 636 9088 phone number 0 0 users reported that they have UNsuccessfully reached Fareportal by calling +1 866 636 9088 phone number
Customer Service Manager
+1 212 478 0335 ext:9093
+1 212 478 0335 ext:9093
Click up if you have successfully reached Fareportal by calling +1 212 478 0335 ext:9093 phone number 0 0 users reported that they have successfully reached Fareportal by calling +1 212 478 0335 ext:9093 phone number Click up if you have UNsuccessfully reached Fareportal by calling +1 212 478 0335 ext:9093 phone number 0 0 users reported that they have UNsuccessfully reached Fareportal by calling +1 212 478 0335 ext:9093 phone number
Vice President Of Marketing

Fareportal website

www.cheapoair.com Fareportal website

Fareportal email

Fareportal social media

Fareportal Category

Fareportal is related to the Travel Agencies and Tour Operators category.

Your Voice Matters: Our Commitment to Genuine Reviews

Empowering Real Experiences

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Fareportal?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fareportal Customer Service. Initial Fareportal complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Fareportal above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Fareportal. Discuss the issues you have had with Fareportal and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.