Dollar Tree / service from assistant manager

1 Kissimmee, FL, United States Review updated:

I went into the dollar tree store in Kissimme Florida today. I purchased a few items total of $21.50. I gave the chaser a $50.00 bill which she had to call the manager to approve. That was fine with me. The manager came over with an attitude and told the cashier to take a credit card from me She told the girl should could not give me change. I asked her did the entire store have less than $50. The store was very busy and I am sure she could have cashed a $50. The customer in back of me offered to break the $50. Bill but in a huff she went in her office and came out with the change.. she was the rudest person I have ever met. It makes me feel that I will never go back to that store. Even the cashier was embarrassed for her

Ce
Jan 22, 2019

Comments

23rd of Jan, 2019

Stores like that rarely have that much change because of robbery potential. Have smaller bills next time and you'll be fine.

• Td
      31st of Jan, 2019

@Chris1977 I know for a fact they have change to break big bills..I work @ one & the managers take from the deposit til or safe

• Mr
      3rd of Feb, 2019

@TDW1980 It's easy to break a large bill. 5 $20s for a hundred. But it's not about ease of breaking it it's about the theft potential. Chris is 100% right in that aspect. People get killed for less now so having as little money as possible on hand is just safer.

• Mr
      3rd of Feb, 2019

@Chris1977 Well, I agree with you and disagree with you at the same time.

Agree on the robbery aspect.
    Disagree on the practice aspect. I was a cashier at ShopRite way back in 1995 for one summer and we always started our shift with $250.00 change in our drawer, divied up equally in the drawer so that we could change money as it came to us.

They COULD change the 50 but assistant manager was way rude about it.

They in fact DO have 50$ bills in their drawer. I once shopped, used my debit card, asked for cash back, got the maximum amount allowed ($50), she handed me a fifty dollar bill.