Dollar Tree / Mylar Balloons / dirty ribbons on mylar hanging balloons

1 Arlington TX, TX, United States Review updated:

I noticed that the ribbons on these mylar Mother's Day balloons are hanging down to my chest walking to look at items in the front of the store. They were in my mouth, nose, eyes, hair and on my face. I complained to the person checking me out and she said there was nothing she could do and there would be alot more of them this week for Mother's Day. This is how the swine flu is spread through touching the eyes, nose, and mouth with the germs. I am a school librarian and will have been out of school from May1-May 11, 2009, at least, because of one case of the swine flu in our school. They have to clean the entire school. There are many other diseases that can be contracted this way also. It is just not sanitary. Please move the balloons, shorten the ribbons, do not make them up ahead. something!
Patricia, Arlington, TX

Comments

• Ba
      16th of Nov, 2009

I work for Dollar Tree. We have to put the ballons out in advance so people can buy them ahead. Its corporate policy. Also, we have to keep the ballons in the front of the store as an impulse item. I don't know where this Dollar Tree keeps their ballons, but ours are in an out of the way corner. And the whole shortening the string thing; Our balloons come with the strings already attached. We can't shorthen them. We can'[t elongate them. Just walk around the balloons and not in the middle of the strings.

A Dollar Tree associate.