Direct TV / false advertising!

po box 6550Greenwood Village, CO, United States Review updated:
I ordered Directv Service December 2007. I was told I would receive a free portable DVD Player or a surround Sound set. Then when I set up my account online I saw I would receive a $100 Visa Gift card if I put my account on autopay with a credit card, so I did. Well it is April 12 and have received neither item, but a runaround from phone support and email support. I have called all the number they indicated and filled all necessary forms. At one point a CSR told me there was never a $100 Visa offer. So I thought that I must have thought wrong. Well as I read on another site, https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/directv--free-dvd-player-c4555.html There is a $100 Visa Offer. There are many other customers experiencing the same problems with this company. I was only asking for the $50 but now I know I was correct in the gift being $100. These gifts were a main reason I switched from Dish Network, since they would take away from the higher bill prices with Directv.

This is what I filed with the BBB

Comments

Aj
  12th of Aug, 2014

Directv - Billing and contact
Directv
Bossier City
Phone: 907-903-3635

I terminated my services on or around 10 may 2014. On 9 may 2014 i paid $98. 82. I thought this was all that was owed or would be owed. I received another bill for $68. 18 or close to it. I'm trying to figure out why i owe this amount when i already paid $98. I returned the equipment. I received a call from directv on 10 august 2014 at 11:09 pm. Why am i being called this late by a directv employee? This is unacceptable behavior.

DirecTV Logo DirecTV