Direct TV / false advertising!
I ordered Directv Service December 2007. I was told I would receive a free portable DVD Player or a surround Sound set. Then when I set up my account online I saw I would receive a $100 Visa Gift card if I put my account on autopay with a credit card, so I did. Well it is April 12 and have received neither item, but a runaround from phone support and email support. I have called all the number they indicated and filled all necessary forms. At one point a CSR told me there was never a $100 Visa offer. So I thought that I must have thought wrong. Well as I read on another site, https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/directv--free-dvd-player-c4555.html There is a $100 Visa Offer. There are many other customers experiencing the same problems with this company. I was only asking for the $50 but now I know I was correct in the gift being $100. These gifts were a main reason I switched from Dish Network, since they would take away from the higher bill prices with Directv.
This is what I filed with the BBB
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- DirectTV - directv policy 
- DirecTV - no technical service 
- DirecTV - directv online access 
- DirecTV - promised cancellation fee waived 
- DirecTV - installation/service