Direct TV / direct tv stole $200 - don't fall for it

Direct TV is a scam. They will lie and steal from you whenever they can. I signed up for Direct TV in Nov 2008 and had to pay a $200 deposit. Now, after paying on time and in full the last 16 months, the Deposit has changed to a fee. The person that tricked me into signing up said over and over that I would get all of the money back through credits on my monthly bills. This was a total lie and the recording will show it. Who in their right mind would shell out $200 just to PAY these scammers another $900 over 18 months? You're right, it doesn't compute...So they have to lie about to meet their sign-up quotas.

I've filed complaints with the FCC and BBB, but what this company needs is a Class action lawsuit. That is the only way to stop it!!

Read all of the complaints on here - I wish I had and I would have saved myself a bundle. We are real people who have been ripped off by Direct TV - STAY AS FAR AS YOU CAN AWAY FROM THIS AWFUL COMPANY!!

Comments

• Id
      4th of Mar, 2010

Once again the big guys got us. Ive been using directv for years and was just informed that if their equiptment fails we are responsible. If these guys were really serious about keeping customers they would flex alot.

• Jk
      4th of Mar, 2010

Do a search for any other cable TV/ Satellite TV provider and you will find the exact same complaints. You should really read the terms before you sign a contract.