Direct TV / fraud & cheating!

Company charged us for nfl football sunday package worth over $300 that we never ordered and they said we had to pay it because we didn't say we didn't want it! Fraud. They then charged my credit card for $600 to cover early termination fee which I never authorized. We are fighting it. Their employees lie to you on the phone and hang up on you. The installation team came to the house an left the receiver in the box - unconnected - and said they had another appointment.

Avoid directv at all costs!!!

Comments

• Mi
      12th of Jan, 2008

Direct Technologies in Dallas, NC contracts for Directv and they refuse to pay me the $3000.00 owed to me for working for them. The owners Jessica Long told me I was getting my money back in October 2007 and Stacy Long her husband will not pay me. He has a criminal record for being a thief. If I had known this when I was hired then I would not have worked there. This is a low life ### company. Please avoid them totally. They will rip you off!!!

• Gr
      17th of Apr, 2013

ordered DirectTV's bundle package for satellite internet, TV and Phone. What I got was billed upfront on my card $221.15. What I got on the day the young man was late hooking it all up was, DirectTV, (Nothing else). I ask where was the phone and internet. I was told that he was only there for the TV hookup and the others he had no idea what I was talking about. I told him to discount the TV and call his company and tell them I was killing the service then and there. I was then told by him that the boxes and cards inside them had to be mailed back in within 5-7 days or they would be billing me for their equipment. To this date 4-17-13 I have received no boxes for the returns. I was told by DirectTV to throw the recievers away and now the cards because they are no longer good or used any more. (Why was garbage used in my home/account? The TV washooked up on the 4-4-13 and I called DirectTv and canceled on 4-5-13. Guess what they told me, (I was NOT going to get my $221.15 back, just $2.47)! Because they hooked the TV up! I didn't have the rip-off service for 12-13 hours and it's costing me $218.68! I know/feel this is/was nothing but Theft By Deception! Isn't there a law for this? I just went to my bank and filled a complaint against DirectTv for my refund in FULL. They took my card and are sending me a new card. The bank put my money back on my account But, if DirectTV disagrees, then the money will be taken back off my account. Next I am writing the Attorney general and BBB to see what kind of Business DirectTv really is. I hope everyone finds out what crooks the DirectTv really is before they too get taken for NOTHING! Pissed off big time, 100% disabled Vietnam vet, Gary Hayes, Sr.