Direct TV / removal of dishes

Ironwood Communications
1008 W. 9th St.
Phone: 541-772-0530
I live in a duplex. Unbeknownst to me, my neighbor had directv installed this week while I was at work. When I came home, I thought someone had vandalized my house. I had dishnetwork dishes on the roof and when I came home, they were down on the ground along with cut pieces of wire in the grass. I called the police. Then we noticed that the dish
that took its place was directv. I then asked my neighbor if she had it installed, she said yes. I don't know who they think they are, that they can just take down equipment that
is not theirs without permission. I am not a happy camper and just what am I supposed to do with these dishes that are not mine?

N  28th of Oct, 2009 by
It is not Direct Tv's fault, it is your neighbor who took it upon themselves to tear down the Dish Network dish and put up the one from Direct TV. The neighbor should be forced to pay to have your Dish re-installed.

Direct TV has gone downhill where customer service is concerned, I had it from 2000 to mid 2007 and the only problem I had was they changed their dish setup for HD and never told me so I lost all of my HD channels for 6 months until I found out what the problem was and they put up a new dish free of charge. I had to disconnect it in 2007 because I could not afford the bill. I started the service back up in Dec. 2008, due to the fact my HD Tv came out when the tuners were not built in and my old Direct Tv tuner would also pick up local tv over a antenna. The tuner died and I bought a new one thinking it would work the same way and didn't want to lose my HD signals when they went strictly digital. Once I got it home I realized that it would not work without Direct Tv, so I was forced to start it back up.

They had a good deal of $29 for 1 year plus I paid for their HD package, I had already bought my own DVR/Tuner. They turned it on, I had set it up myself. I couldn't get the HD channels and I called them back up. They told me that I needed a new Dish since they had changed them again, three months after I had gotten the last HD one. After talking with several people they told me there would be no charge. Next I was billed full price instead of the deal price and charged for installing the new dish.. I again talked to a few people until I found one that knew what he was doing. He told me that they had just re-opened my old account so the special deal couldn't be applied, it was input but it would then not accept it. It took awhile, but he was able to set up a new account for us since it had been almost a year and a half since I cut it off. It took over a month and several phone calls talking to supervisors to get everything fixed and they gave me a small discount over 6 months to make up for the overcharge. I haven't had another problem so far, it hasn't been quite a year.

When I first had Direct Tv, customer service was excellent, but it has gotten so big, like many others, that it can't keep enough people trained and retained for the money that they pay them. It won't be long now until I have to pay the full amount as my special is ending soon. Hopefully they won't screw that up.

DirecTV Logo DirecTV