Dillards Shopping Spree / shopping spree deception

My receipt from Dillards offered me an opportunity to "Win a $2,500 Shopping Spree!", stating that "No purchase necessary to enter." This, I discover, after spending an hour wading through many screens of offers, each screen of which REQUIRED me to purchase "at least one offer" as a requirement to proceed to the next screen, ad infinitum. This comes under the auspices of fraud and deception, whereby the Dillards Store's offer to win is actually a device to require a purchase in order to qualify! That, my friends is FRAUD. I had hoped that Dillards was above time-wasting, deceptive selling practices. I am NOT AMUSED by this artifice. I DO plan to email ALL individuals on my address listing a copy of this complaint and allow them to decide whether Dillards is a store they should choose to patronize in this VERY competitive market. I do NOT wish to make further purchases at Dillards, regardless of whether the person who designed this fraudulent registration was employed by Dillards or not. Yes, your offer is certainly "VOID" of any business ethic I know, and your store environs are now "PROHIBITED" as far as I am concerned.

Comments

• Va
      21st of Jan, 2007
    Dillards Shopping Spree - Shopping spree misinformation!

Dillards indicates a shopping spree is available to enter on the receipt I received. It appears to be bad information to register. There is no registration form that I could see!

• Su
      12th of Feb, 2007

I could not find the website and even if I did i feel no one will ever win this unless it is someone related to the company.

• De
      14th of Jul, 2007
    Dillards Shopping Spree - Unfair practices!

I also have a web site on my Dillard's purchase ticket that says go to this site to win a $2500 shopping spree for Dillards - I tried putting the site in every which way & it still doesn't work. Unfair practices!

• Do
      24th of Aug, 2007

I will no longer shop at Dillards. I cannot deal with any store that deals in fraud.

• Ly
      25th of Feb, 2008

I can't access the website!

• Ka
      24th of Nov, 2008

I too am disappointed in Dillards...I did purchase
    something and have tried to access the "shopping
    spree" site to register for the $2, 500 shopping
    spree but cannot find it anywhere on Dillard's
    sites...I agree...This is FRAUD !