Dillardsmistreatment of employees

M

I am one of your older customers as are many of my other friends who like to shop at Dillards, but find it difficult to locate a place in convenient locations to sit for a few minutes to "regenerate" and continue our shopping. Many of my dollars have been spent though the years at your store in Longmont. Colorado and that is one of our pet peeves that would help us remain true to the department store and not BIG BOX horrors of the younger generation. Another PLUS would be small attractive shopping carts to aid us in traveling from one department to another without having to run back and forth to the parking lot to unload merchandise as we proceed through the different departments.

Although I use your credit card often I also frequently pay cash or use my airline miles card to pay for items I purchase. Just Remember us "old timers " often have more disposable income than do the younger generation!!! Thanks for your consideration, and for asking for complaints from LOYAL customers.

Marilyn Palmer
[protected]@ of your sales staff are very pleasant and helpful which is greatly appreciated...

Davney May 29, 2020

I am a customer. I paid for my Estee Lauder purchase on the phone. Purchase was my credit card. I went to pick up my purchase at Dillard's Department Store and it looked like a tornado hit it. Nobody knew what they were doing, nobody helped me, so I asked to speak with the manager. Some man came and he was not a manger, just a talking head. So I waited and waited patiently hoping to get my purchase.

Lo and Behold, they called the cops on me for sitting and waiting. They were not security but Police Officers. They had guns and were circling me like SHARKS! I thought I would be killed. They closed the circle around me getting tighter and tighter with their guns! For What? I was patiently waiting for my purchase paid in advance.

When I got home, I was shaking like a leaf. Then I read they have hog-tied blacks and Mexicans for uttering a word. I read where they have killed seven people in back for complaining. I am white! I did nothing wrong and felt my life was in severe damage or death.

I called Dillard's and complained of my ill-treatment. I got a fast call back from Mrs. Dillard in her ultra-cushy Gulfstream flying around. She knew she was in trouble.

Dillard's Department Store has been on 60 minutes for killing customers in the back of the store. Hog-tying customers and killing them seems to be the norm. They've killed 7 customers and maybe the number has risen. Dillard's is not a safe place to shop. They run the store like a concentration camp. Do not shop at Dillard's, you may lose your life.

The funny thing is, I'm related to these KILLERS!

joanHogan Jun 13, 2015

Dillards In Tucson Arizona Is A Slave Shop ! Discriminates against disabled and elderly employees . Dillards fails to meet EEOC Guidelines.

Dangles Mar 31, 2015

Dillard's is a horrible company to work with. The managers that work there are very inconsiderate of the employees. I was working at Dillard's for about 7 months. I had received employment at another job. The hours at my job was restricting me to work the hours they wanted me to work. So I put my two week notice in and let the manager know what hours I can work and the best way I can fulfill my obligation to the company. The manager said he was ok with it. However, they waited for me to work the Saturday they needed me for and fired me. Dillard's as a company really put a bad taste in my mouth!!!

• Di
    Dillard's Jan 22, 2015

The most terrible, worse job ever! It has a hostile work environment. When reported to a main, top level male manager he replied by saying, "Have they physically touched you?" "When they ask to meet you in the parking lot, we'll talk"! I was appalled and shocked at the way this company follows business. They set unrealistic sales goals, and make it impossible to reach these with no support. Dillard's is dishonest, and has a hidden agenda. It's a downright nasty place to work. All of their negative publicity should go wide spread! Run away, never look back!

• Se
    sexyB Sep 16, 2014

I want to say I was terminate august 11, 2014, because I want to transfer to another Dillard after 13 years of service. This new store manager come in and want to change thing. He want to go back since 2002 and talk about the up and down while I was part-time for 6 years. I became full-time and meeting my gaols every time and every years. I was a pacesetter for 4 years and a good salesperson's,
    But in his eye I was nothing to the company, I was a hard worker and give good customer services. I just want to say please don't work for this company. If you have read the complaints its true. Dillard's are prejudice, discrimination, favoritism, and etc. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY THEY ARE FULL OF BULL.

• Co
    Coucou Jun 06, 2014

I work for Dillard's Florida mall orlando, it's night mare for their employees,
    They cut employees pay and hours, they treat their employees like sleeves, The store manager Sheila she is sick woman I think she has chemical imbalance, like minute she s talking to you happy, after another minute her second face show up, oh my god she is a Devil, she need to step down after 22 years store manager 👎
    And her new Assistant store manager Victor, oh my god another sick unhappy men,
    Whatever you ask for it it's NO, NO, NO, he is unsecured person, bad customer service, never smile, and when Sheila she is not their, he play her role so he enjoy to treat the employees like ###,
    I am looking for job to end my nightmare from Dillard's

troythere Mar 08, 2014

The dillards in

boynton beach is horrible..Linda, the manager is always Treating black employees

with such disrrespect. She rides in het wheelchair all day, having workers push her around.

• Fc
    FCDavis Jan 30, 2014

I purchased a sectional sofa from Dillard's in Houston Texas in September of 2013, it was delivered in October of 2013, by November 2013. The power mechanism had failed. I called their service department and told it would be two weeks until they could get a repair technician to my home. When I objected to that their response was we only come to your area once a week. I told them I've only had this sofa for a month, they didn't care. Once the technician finally showed up he found the problem. The part had to be ordered and would take six weeks ( again not happy ) . I went on my vacation the part came in, and again I called to get them to come out at my convince, again their service department told me the earliest would be February 4th 2014. I pointed out that their merchandise has been sitting in my home broken since November and waiting another two weeks was not acceptable! They told me they don't care what I think or howitzer feel!!! I ask them how would they like it if I brought this hunk of junk back to them demanding a full refund plus they reimburse me for renting a truck to bring it back was told they would not reimburse me . I am going to send a letter to Mr. William T Dillard at corporate.

• Wh
    What Soul Oct 29, 2013

well well well...I think I can top most of these horror stories...After working hard, achieving pacesetter and my department number 2 in district sales, I was called in to announce I did such a great job and was being transferred. My pay was cut within a couple months from $13.45 an hour to $8.50, and forced to sign a paper to that effect typed up in the local office...Then after almost 14 years, called in to be told that since I was not reaching my goal, I was being terminated prior to my review with Christmas around the corner...Someone mentioned earlier that they have sold their souls to the devil...My question is what souls!

• Ha
    Hard woker Sep 23, 2013

I work at the Dillards at Florida Mall in Orlando fl, for 3 years now and I see worker come and go. The store manager Shelia need to steep down.Some of the manager are gay and they hire young boys with no skill like the manager in men's dept Fred, I'm a woman and here them talk about these you boys they hire it is sick because I have 2 boys and the thing they talk about on the floor is nasty. If you complain about what you here to Shelia the store manager she will fired you I seen and here it all in Dillards. I seen employee get hurt by other employee and they are still working there, I'm looking for another job .

• Ks
    KSmith98 Jun 02, 2013

I work for Dillard's & I hate it here. Looking for another job. I have only been here for six months & yet I have seen over 15 people fired in the last 3-4 months over something as small as $10 below there goal or missing one credit card application for a month. There is a reason they are #2 as far as worst companies to work for.http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2012/08/10/americas-worst-companies-to-work-for/ REMEMBER: If their employees don't make their daily sales goals they can be fired after three months. So sad that in today's economy that you have to work a sale just to keep a job. How can a company treat their employees like that is beyond me. It's really sad when you have a store like the one in Florida that has low traffic as everyone prefers to go to Orlando to shop at the better malls & yet my daily sales goal for a Wednesday is around $800. REALLY?? I will be lucky to get $200 for a 5 hour day at that store. management makes promises and yet they don't keep them & forget about asking for time off as it won't happen. I had requested my daughters birthday off so she could have a sleep over. I was told no problem, as I gave the notice 3 months in advance. What did they do, they put me on the schedule to close that day. Her party had to be cancelled & she was highly upset. Family doesn't matter to this company.

• Ks
    KSmith98 Jun 02, 2013

As a Dillards card holder I will be cancelling my card & never shopping here again. Not only are they over priced but there is a reason they are #2 as far as worst companies to work for. If their employees don't make their daily sales goals they can be fired after three months. So sad that in today's economy that you have to work a sale just to keep a job. I will NEVER shop here again! Also if they don't get a credit card application done (at least five a week) they get into trouble also. How can a company treat their employees like that is beyond me. http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2012/08/10/americas-worst-companies-to-work-for/

• Ro
    rotten eggs May 28, 2013

I totally agree with all the negative comments about Dillard's I am a former employee I was terminated for not making my SPH goals while other associates were shown special treatment like being sent to other busier dept and having friends and managers ring sales for them so they would meet there SPH managers were college students who were un professional and immature catty and showed extreme favoritism a transsexual working with ladies in one particular dept that deals with helping ladies in the dressing room where its common for women to be disrobed and customers were not aware of the fact that its actually a man wearing a dress that is helping them .horrible work environment run away if you can

• Sc
    Screw Dillards Practices Apr 08, 2013

Dillards has Crooked Practices & they definitely have dirty hands ; in playing a part of the Missing CFO John Glasgow; from Little Rock. I would never recommend anyone to work for such a corrupt company that makes you sign a Arbitration just to work for them. Stay away from this company; I will not even shop there.

• Ho
    honey bee devine Jan 31, 2013

Horriblr horrible place to work!

Trust in the LORD Jan 17, 2013

Im not sure how the ' got added to my comment after GODS, but that part was a mistake

Trust in the LORD Jan 17, 2013

I was wondering if anyone here remembers the story of David and Goliath? If not, read in your Bible what is written at 1 Samual chapter 17 starting at verse number 38 thru verse 51. I have worked at Dillards for many years now, and I am sad to say I have not only seen alot of the things written on this board done to other people, but have expieranced alot of bad things there first hand myself. The Bible tells of a positive future for all of GODS servants, read Psalms chapter 116 verse1 thru 19. Just as 1 stone took down that mighty opponant of GODS servants back then using David. So too, the day is near for God to save those who look to him for help.Dillards has alot of good employees and customers, who just are not treated with love or justice, and we all need GODS' wisedom and power. Prayer is a valuable tool in times of need.

• Do
    done/Dil Dec 16, 2012

Oh, this a nice one. I was too afraid to call in one Monday morning because our store manager is suck a d--- when you have to call out sick. I was extremely sick and not more than an hour of being there an ambulance had to be called because I was losing consciousness and was very disoriented. Turns out I was so sick I had no blood pressure because of the virus and of dehydration. Guess who is stuck with the bill because the ins refuses to pay because the ambulance company was out of network, and it was not my choice of what ambulance was called and to my knowledge the 911 sends only one company.. WOW what a horrible horrible place!!!

• Do
    done/Dil Dec 16, 2012

Dillard's Department Stores
    Little Rock, Ar
    Re: Unfair working conditions and poorly run stores

Have you ever stopped to ask why our retail chain's turnover is so high? Well I might be able to give you an insight from the inside of several of your stores and how they are ran.

There have been 31 Managers in the 5.9 years I've been at #394 Evansville, In. and countless associates, probably near the thousand in just under 6 years.

I just want you to know how you have affected me along with countless others that I've come across over the years that have been employed with Dillard's.

First of all, yes the company pays well, for that they do expect your blood, sweat, tears and many many many hours of your time with NO overtime ever being paid out to me nor any manager that I'm aware of. Salary means time and work that can not be “documented.” I have been compensated with very few holidays along the way. What I mean is, it depends on your store manager if you get birthdays or holiday pay. This is a benefit that shows you do get at any level of employment but not always given.

I have been harassed by two very specific managers and they have both been at the Evansville, Indiana store, #394. I have been made fun of because of my weight, age and intelligence along with my appearance.

I have been threatened I would be fired if I did not do certain things. These things were out of my control.
    The hiring and placement of associates.
    If the associates showed up for work. And worked scheduled hours.

I also want to bring up the issue of missing work due to illness. I'm pretty sure Managers are allowed to take sick days off when needed. I have been called or text at home or approached about making up the hours missed due to illness, a lot of the time this was even with a Doctors note. My schedule would be changed if I missed work, added shifts and days off taken away from me with no notice and I would be expected to work that schedule, regardless if I had made appointments or had plans. I would be expected to change my appointments and plans to accommodate the store manager and what he wanted

I have been taught that you should lead by example, well not a Dillard's rule. The store manager most recent in charge of #394 Dillard's has NEVER worked a late shift unless someone missed and he couldn't get anyone else to cover, I only know of about 2 different times in 3 years. Has NEVER worked a Sunday unless it was a VIP customer appreciation night and has always left early and expecting the area sales managers to do the clean up. Leaves early ALL the time, misses work because of furniture being delivered, or has to mow his lawn or has to be at home so his wife can go to a Doctor appointment, this is just to name a few. He has missed work due to Doctor's appointments but has NEVER made up his time. The problem is, there are a different set of rules for him and for the rest of the management team. Team, what a joke! He only sees what will affect him personally. Period!

Did I mention that there has been inappropriate behavior with all 3 of the store managers you have put in place at # 394. This includes favoritism, racial discrimination, weight, age, health, intelligence and appearance discrimination. If you do not fit into that image then you are usually not hired unless the store manager is being pressured about openings then they take what they can get. When I started with the company, integrity was what this company was based on. INTEGRITY at # 394 is ignored. I would look a little closer at the turn over, they transfer associates to departments that are not tracked, like non-selling areas. They also have transfered associates with the store manager saying to me personally, we'll transfer them to an area where they can't sell and over staff the area so they will fail and we can fire them due to sales. The store manager has also moved associates to areas and made them work in that area without doing the transfer so the associate will have an SPH from like womens but he makes her work in mens, accessories, juniors or an area where the average sales can not possibly meet that individuals SPH, therefore they can not make their Sph and he can fire them. He will also move the associates he likes to areas that have higher sales so they can make up their sales, but ONLY if he likes you.

The store managers has been very unfair and discriminating to women that are large, older or that are of common in appearance. I have witnessed racial discrimination with African Americans as well.
    The store manager and operations manager has made unkind comments to associates on a weekly basis. The associates would come to me and complain about them and of course I would defuse the situation as best as I could.

I would have stayed the rest of my career for just an ounce of respect, 2 days off a week and a compassion when and if I needed to miss work. I do not and did not miss unless it was necessary. I really don't think that was asking for a lot since I gave 21 years of my life to this company.

So, in closing, why have I kept my mouth shut over the years? It's called a paycheck and intimidation. Something that you can change if you decide to. Put more into training your Managers and put in place a policy that is customer friendly so we as managers do not feel that each time we appease a customer we are breaking your policy.

I am reporting this to have a clear conscience about what goes on right under your nose.

Maybe you don't care about the little people and think their dollar's don't matter, well in a town that everyone knows someone that has had a bad experience either working or shopping at Dillrad's, it will catch up with you. You, as a company have a bad reputation in this town and it's getting worse. You should take a closer look at whom you put in a position that can make or break you.

With Sympathy,
    former 21 year associate/Manager

P.S. Want to know what I got from my vice president and district manager when I notified them that I was leaving? NOTHING! Not a Thank You for 21 yrs of service nor a Good Luck. NOTHING! Am I bitter, yes and so should I be!

Sassy1969 Nov 10, 2012

I work in the Dillard's Fulfillment Center and I have to say its the absolute worst place I have ever worked and I'm 43 years old so NO this is not my first job. I have over 20 years in management and I cant believe the way that place is ran. I am old school and believe in working hard for my company. This is the first job I have ever had where they treat you like crap and change your percentage if you do a great job! Slackers are treated great and the hard workers are punished and there pay is cut!!! I have never seen anything like it in my life. Its a warehouse job that fills all of the online orders and my job is to stock all merchandise into the system. We were trained to go as fast as possible because the faster we get it done, the more money Dillard's saves. Well that's not the case, I average around 170% a night and by the time I get to work the next night they have cut it to around 120% and tell me there is no way I could do that. I was even told by one of the main bosses that I'm not allowed to have that high of an average! My department is replenishment and there is 5 of us on my shift. I always work hard and watch most of the others stand around. The manager treats them like gold and constantly tells me i cant have what i worked for or he will get in trouble. CRAZY!!! Punish the good and praise the bad! My location is in Maumelle Arkansas and I work Wednesday through Saturday Nights. I hope someone reads this and does something about it

• Ki
    kim-m.h Jul 13, 2012

i am a current employee of Dillard's and just had my pay cut and was not even told that i was in danger of having my pay cut, i printed my pay stub and noticed that it was considerable lower than what i thought it should be and than i noticed that i was no longer making what i used to make.there are other associates that are not meeting their quota's either but they have not received a pay cut, and i am so tired of being harassed about getting people to open credit accounts it's bad enough i have compete with 10 other associates to get a sale from the three customers that are in the store. I am so fed up with them

• There is a direct correlation between treating employees as though they have no right to a private life and having your employees act as though their job is truly a NECESSARY EVIL!. I totally agree with all the negative feedback about SPH, training hours, etc, but I didn't see any remarks about the awful attitude towards employees that is directly reflected in the inconsistent schedules, open-to-close schedules (which are completely unnecessary), and the fact that employees are not even given their schedules until the week prior. I mistakenly thought retail might be fun. Makes sense to me that if it was fun for employees, it might be fun for customers to shop there! Requiring human beings to stand, walk, and run for six to ten hour days is just plain abusive. In Colorado, we not only had to sell, we had to clean the displays, stock the stock room, and move furniture because Dillards was too cheap to hire a professional cleaning company, stockroom employees, or movers. Mean people!

• Po
    Popnots Jul 09, 2012

I too work for Dillards. All of the complaints are right on. They mistreat their employees. My ASM harasses me and I dread going to work every day and when she isn't there it is a whole different environment. Everyone works but breathes easier and we don't walk on eggshells. The system is setup for failure and my ASM plays favorites, with the schedule.etc. There are a lot of things that are done that seem illegal and I think it needs to be investigated. People are hurt on the job and are not paid for time missed. Safety is horrible, schedule is horrible and descrimination is going on bigtime.

• Ve
    vern dllar Jun 19, 2012

Unauthorized charges

• Kr
    kreativelady Mar 26, 2012

DON'T WORK FOR DILLARD'S!!! THEY ARE USER'S! Quota's with Dillard's is ###!!! No, I'm not going to sugar coat anything that is going to be thrown out in this comment. The company has quota's put in place because they feel you will not give 100% to the customers and your job if they didn't have this to fall back on. That's a crock of ###! I'm a prime example of a excellent hardworker, which I was always told this by associates, managers and customers. I was recently fired from Dillard's myself. I worked for the company almost 2 years. I worked my ### off handling 2 area's when they previously let another associate go. I didn't mind the extra work because it kept me busy when the store was slow. I had associates and managers from time to time asking me to help out with projects that wasn't even pertaining to my area, so we could get the job done quickly. I didn't mind it, I love helping others when needed and helping customers. Well each time numbers and selling came my way for review time(owe your numbers are low we need to work on this). I was told you need to get your numbers up and I stated can I please not be asked with the moving process of flipping the store, but no, that was out of the question. So the more I help flip, the opportunities I missed out on sales. Don't even dare to ask for special hours during this process cause you will be told its apart of your job description. Don't believe the Hype that your will make great pay and commission. The only area in the store that makes commission is the shoe department and nothing more, unless you open up alot of credit card's or certain departments have spiff events going on to earn extra cash to be put onto your checks because of vendor specials. Don't even let me get into the fact of employees arguing infront of customers over sales, stealing others sale and the famous quote "this is my customer because they put them into a fitting room or didn't she use my fitting one, so that's my customer", hmmmm, I didn't know the fitting room area's had certain associates names on them. Wow! I know I have said a mouth full but I needed to get my opinion thrown into this as well. If you are thinking about working for Dillard's, Don't Do It! SAVE YOURSELF THE TIME and headache and go with another comapny that Cares for their Employees, Personal Growth, and Passionate about others! You will really thank me in the long run for doing this!!!

ANONIMOUS05 Mar 06, 2012

Corporate office is the question of how you choose their manager. Shame on you that being one of the largest stores in the USA. Do not have an awesome customer service. But not only customer service, also serving employees. that in many Dillards store employees are treated like dirt. for example in the state of the FL. a Manager in Tampa called the Executioner, a very cruel to employees, unbearable, discourteous, rude, kaffir, lacking education, may I ask where you got the title of manager. because you are not a manager. all those names and you could say more but the real name (James Pratt) the corporate They should dismiss this man is a reckless with employees. when corporates are not in the store. Strange things happen. But they are afraid to adjust the bald maybe because they sell a lot. better service to people who have gold and silver. what kind of values ​​is a corporation that has people like numbers. ??

• Te
    tessa2012 Jan 27, 2012

Dillard's is the worst company ever to work for, warning! do not work for them ever save yourselve early on.. I worked for them 6years the only reason i survived that long was working and transfering doing 2 years at each store.. my last store was the nail in the coffin for me when i transfered to Ogden, ut at the New gate mall i had been a pacesetter for all my years working for them and i opened a credit card for them daily so you would think they would want to hold onto a performer like that right? Every day i would clock in under their arbratation agreement knowing that today might be your last day of work... harrassed by coworkers cause they were'nt making as much as you and manager getting mad at you daily claiming your not a team player, although they contradict themselves badly cause they talk team but pin you against each other to see who sinks and who swims in this horrible enviornment... Then a new manager above me got promoted to the title after working there one month set up a plan to get me written up and eventually fired by claiming i was saying the f word to customers and yelling at my new coworker and manager... i didnt get fired i found a job that appreciates me and all i do for them.. it was worth the lower paycheck just to be appreciated finally.. the sad thing is these ladies wanted my success within the department which wasnt great cause they always excpect more .. you deliver the highest they want the moon, stars and sun from you.. these ladies got fired shortly after they got rid of me for lying and starting stuff that wasnt their business to do.. what goes around comes around i always say.. in the end i am grateful for these ladies otherwise i would've never left and got fired or stayed there miserable just to hang onto a high paycheck ..

• Dc
    DCJonesRN Jan 17, 2012

Once again, Dillards has shown their true colors..Just today a manager of the Ladies Dept. was fired because sales in her
    department were down from last year at this time. We stupid Dillard's people..the economy sucks and people are not
    spending money on high priced fashion that falls apart when you wear it one time. This manager has been with Dillard's for
    15 years and was a great and loyal employee. I have only been with Dillard's for 6 months and already I hate they way they
    treat their employees. Maybe all new upper management would make your stores successful. HEY MR. DILLARD..WHY DON'T
    YOU GO ON THE SHOW UNDERCOVER BOSSES so that you can see how BAD your company SUCKS!! and then I DARE you
    to fix it and do something about it. Come see me, I will be more than happy to show you WHY your company will soon be
    closing its doors in our state...NEXT UP: Boycott Dillard's!! There are other places that sell the same thing for less.

Daryl S Jan 07, 2012

Dillard's is a very inconsiderate company. I was on light duty from workers comp, and was told that if I needed to sit and rest when my back was hurting I could. I was sitting down one day and was accused of sleeping!!! When I meet with the store and operations manager I was continuously attacked by them I finally had to tell them just terminate me. I refuse to be a puppet for this ### company... If I were a consumer I would stay as far away from this company as possible.

• Si
    sickofretail Jan 07, 2012

At least your store has cameras/ Dillard's Lake Wales, FL doesn't have a single camera in the whole place. Management, employees, and thieves walk out the door with whatever they want and no one cares.

• St
    Stormicatt Dec 24, 2011

Store manager Tammy is a thief!! Totally taking things right out the front door. She is also degrading and mean to her employees. They even steal hours away from their employees. All I have to say is the proof is on the camera...

• Br
    Bright eyes Sep 23, 2011

Here's a suggestion for Dillard's auditor/ head of security; don't check the obvious. The fitting rooms, warehouse, and offices is where you should spend extra time!!! It was posted on the doors that you were coming!!!

• Br
    Bright eyes Sep 22, 2011

This is the day where head of security arrives to shake things up! But associates were already aware of there arrival by management. Everyone was told to remove everything that they had hidden the previous week! And management had already moved there items or "purchased" them before hand!

• Km
    kmr1988 Aug 09, 2011

Dillards is turning out to be an awful company to work for. I work hard and follow the rules but recently I got sick. I've been out for a week on emergency medical leave but had to return yesterday because I would have lost my job if I didn't. I still haven't even finished all the testing my doctor wanted. And now I don't have the time off work to be able to have a spinal tap and an mri. You'd think they would be concerned about their employees health. they wouldst even change my sph for last week being that I was out with a doctors note so they knew exactly what was wrong but they didn't so I'm starting the month $5, 000 in the hole. That's hard to dig your way out of.

• Fl
    florida nurse6 Jul 10, 2011

THis place is nasty! Their cosmetics department is a disgrace. THey haven't changed their mascara in yrs, beware of using their brushes. NO ONE EVER WASHES THEM! they need the health board to come down on them. Fragrance has been sitting their for yrs!!! gross!!!

• Re
    Rebecca Baxter May 04, 2011

To SFL
    I bet you are one of the sale thiefing people that I hate at my store. We call them SHARKS. It is not whinning or just get over it when a compamy doesn't care about their employees. I have actually been shoved out of the way while trying to ring up a customer that I helped and was mine. Managment encourages the arguments that ensue over sales instead of doing their jobs and soving the problems. Right now I am losing my job because of sales quota BS, while people who do not do their job get a raise even though they have been moved from 4 depts in 6months because other dept mangr do not want her because she will not work, but because she makes her sales she is keeping herj ob with a raise. I do not know where you come from but hard work is suppose to be rewarded not laziness, Lets see how you feel when your the next to get fired because there is a bigger shark in the sea.

• Su
    Susan Williams1 Nov 22, 2010

I love working for Dillards . It pays well, you get your schedule one month ahead, its full time ( 40 hours a week) it pays every THURSDAY!One day ahead of Bloomingdles and everyone else!you can get a raise if you go over your quota, and lock it for a year. If you have experience in retail, you will do great!

• Cw
    CW123 Oct 12, 2010

I was sexually harrassed while working at Dillards and nothing was done about it since the person who did it to me had huge sales and had been there for years. Nothing more to say! I also have shopped there recently and have had the worst people wait on me that didnt know about what they were selling! (cosmetics)

• 5h
    5HourEnergyGirl Jul 13, 2010

The elevators in this store are entirely too slow. I waited for at least 2 minutes to get an elevator. I would have taken the escalators, but they were crowded.

• So
    SOD Dec 05, 2009

To SFL, it is wonderful that you did so well in your career with Dillards; but I disagree with many of your statements..You state that credit apps pay the associates salary-so get over it. Understand one thing, you can ask every customer that comes to your register about credit but if they CHOOSE not to open one that should not affect one's pay or job. If you have slow customer turnout and two associates designated to one area, one should not be penalized for not making a sales quota. You are on your feet daily, maintaining the sales floor, sacrificing holidays, and weekends, yet you feel it is justifiable for Dillards to dock one's pay over factors that that associate may not have any control over? Your negative sales quota roll over from one day to the next but your sales over quota does not-is that fair? Is it fair to make sure Dillards sales floor is neat and presentable, going out of your way for the customers you DO have(even though it may not be enough but they are the only customers actually in the store), working nights, every weekend with maybe one weekend off, one day off for the holidays and long hours before and after-yet it is justifiable to cut that associates pay? Get real...You can give Dillards 5+ years of your life and continue to earn what you made the first day you walked in the door...there is no justification in that I don't care how you spin it...