Dillard's / promotion

Wichita, KS, United States Review updated:

Passport promotion started today.. Tried on and bought a swimsuit and was given the card to be stamped. Went to 4 different clothing departments to get a stamp but couldn't find a soul. Finally found someone and she said 'we're not participating in that'. Ended up at cosmetics to try to find out what was going on. They called customer service who also knew nothing! I was at this process for 30 minutes and asked to speak to a manager who interrupted me and was less than sympathetic. I finally got a 20 dollar gift card but it really wasn't worth all that trouble. I actually talked with 5 associates and nobody knew what was going on. If you're going to do a promotion, you might let your associates know about it. Very frustrating and poor customer service!

Je
Jun 03, 2017

Comments

• To
      Mar 12, 2018

I have been a customer at Dillards for many years and have had a credit card for all of that time. I wanted to pay my bill online but since I forgot my password, my account was locked. I called the phone number listed thinking I could just call and have someone help me reset my password. After being on hold for quite a while, a young lady answered and I explained my dilemma. She then said she had to send me to another department. This time I was sent to Wells Fargo. The person I talked to there thought I was calling about my Wells Fargo checking account so she finally figured out, after I told her, that it was about my Dillards card. Then, I was sent to another person who listened to what I wanted and then said...Oh, I will have to send you to Online Services...Then, another person from Online Services answered and said she would be glad to take my payment over the phone. I said, No, I just want to change my password, so I can pay online. She kept saying she would be glad to take my payment over the phone...probably 3 more times...and then said...it would probably take awhile for someone in Online Services to help me... So, why don't "I just take your payment over the phone"...By this time, I had had it and I told her that this had been the worst customer service experience I think I had ever encountered and then, I hung up. Once I get my Dillard's card paid off, I will never shop there again.