Dillards / treatment from personal

1 esplanade in kennerNew Orleans, LA, United States Review updated:

I have been a employee at Dillards in the Esplanade Mall for a few years, i feel that our personal department is very uncaring, and treats employee's like crap. Over the past few months the turnover has been very large, our personal manager walks around and looks down on her employees', and also the operation manger thinks that he is God. I'm sure that when Macy's opens 95% of the employees will be gone, including myself. There is no care or compassion for their employees or their families. In addition to not being appreciated and treated like crap Dillards is a very nice company to work for, its just the personal, store manager, and operations manager who makes it very hard to work in their envoirment. Can someone advise them that they do not own Dillards and that they are employees just like the rest of us, and can be replaced just as us.

Comments

30th of Dec, 2007

I am a customer at Dillards at Augusta Mall in Augusta ,Georgia. i have seen the abuse that the employees are getting from head manager of store. It makes me feel uncomfortable to shop due to the tension from the employees.

Sad to see people treated like they are dirt on the ground.

will be taking my money elsewhere.

30th of Dec, 2007

I have been working for Dillards in San Antonio Tx North Star Mall for a very long time. Most people may think that this is a reputable company to work for. But contrary to this prestigiousness. The Management is unbalievably unproffessional. On numerous occasions a manager has been bold enough to call us mediocre. I have to say that recenlty I feel as if working here has driven me to the point of depression and my stress levels have never been this high.It drove me see a doctor, and even at that they called me at home to see if I was really feeeling ill. They have NO compassion for me as a person. I dont feel they are fair in many ways. I am one their employees who has good work ethic, I love what I do, But they make it vey hard to want to work there anymore. It seems as if people are conststly getting accused of doing their job wrong. There is always , a lot of favoriteism and politics going around.Despite all this, I think that is one of the main reasons people dont last. I have seen many people come and go. I refuse to be a part of such a unfair practice. I know that they take advantage of the employess who need their jobs, the most . Single parents. People with children to feed and a mortgage. They take complete advantage of these individuals. as is working retail was'nt hard enough.We have many side duties. Such as Inventory, and the hours for this is unrealistic. So if you are thinking of joining the dillards team. Think again. Be prepared to not having a life.I refuse to work here anymore, I know that there is a better opportunity out there for me.With a company that apprecaites a hard worker, with respect and loyalty!!!

• Up
      18th of May, 2009

I have to agree. I worked at the Dillard's St. John's Town Center in Jacksonville, FL and it was the worst experience I have endured from a Department Store. First, let’s start with the Executive Management from the store. Wow! what a bunch of unprofessional group of men up there! They alleged that employees do things that they do not actually do. Obviously, they do not follow proper procedure for determining an employee’s guilt or innocence. They continually lie about employee’s performance and push unrealistic advancement opportunities with the company. They also do not recognize how hard employees work and what they go thru in order to perform to companies standards.

I am so disappointed that Dillard’s has become so unprofessional and so misleading to the work force. I really hope that they change this and address this issue with store management.