Dillards / bad company to work for

As a sales associate there I was harrassed with written warnings when I had doctor notes for absences as well as made up things like " I stand behind the register" which I didn't I was always helping customers in the fitting rooms. I was put with 2 other ladies in a small area and expected to reach my sales goal which didn't happen. Due to the tension and the awkwardness of being around this woman day after day I finally got out and found another job. I won't recommend Dillards to anyone.

Ja

Comments

14th of Jun, 2011

I would certainly have to agree 100+100%. Dillards is definitely not a place you want to work for. This company does not care about their associates (employees) at all. Everything is about money with these greedy people. There is not one nice thing I can say about any of the managers I work for. Mark G. is the guy over our district, and no one seems to care for him either. When I was hired in 2009, I had no idea they gave paycuts if you don't make your sales quota, until three months later. I think this should be against the law. The associates of Dillard's are too afraid to team together and stand up for what's right. We work very hard to keep the store clean, neat, and organized, but that dosen't matter. You are suppose to get atleast four credit apps per month, meet a rediculous sales quota, and make your team goal for the store everyday. Now where I'm from it is impossible for this to happen, unless you steal sales and lie to customers. When customers open an account, if approved, they won't receive any discount that day. They would have to spend a hundred dollars or more once they receive the paper card. The moral is so far down in the store, that people are starting to leave. Today, I wanted to present an idea to my store manager about donated all the items damaged out to the disaster victims, but the ops. manager shot it down before I could even talk to her. These people are only for themselves, and the don't care about anything or anyone else. It's very sad.