CVS Pharmacy - Montvale, NJ / totally out to lunch!

I have had the absolutely worst experience at the cvs pharmacy in montvale. I called the automated phone line to renew my prescription, then followed up with a phone call. I was assured by the pharmacy that my prescription was there. When I arrived, I was given only 12 pills (It should have been 60) and was told that was all that could be filled even though the bottle I was given the previous time it was filled said "1 refill remaining." nonelthess. I was assured that the remainder would be filled the following day. Again, I called to make sure that the filled prescription was there and was told that it was. Again when I arrived the prescription wasn't there and now they told me I needed a new prescription. These people are totally out to lunch!! I strongly recommend that no on uses this pharmacy.

Comments

23rd of Jul, 2007

A second complaint about the CVS in Montvale NJ. Not only did they tell me twice that my prescription was there and filled when it wasn't, but the one time they did fill the prescription, which should have been for 60 pills, there were only 30. DO NOT USE THIS PHARMACY--THEY ARE TERRIBLE. The CVS in Old Tappan is even worse, if you can believe that. Twice I was told that my insurance didn't cover my medication and that I should call my insurance plan. I did and they indeed did cover it. When I went to another pharmacy, it was filled immediately. These people have absolutely no idea what they are doing. They are grossly incompetent. I even was as far as to call the CVS regional manager and that I would get a reply back. I never did. DO NOT USE CVS PHARMACIES!

• Bu
      14th of Dec, 2007

Drs write for a certian # of pills at a time. You get a differant amount at a time because the insurance only pays for so many at a time, you cant afford as many as that at one time or perhaps you only got a small amount on your first refill to see if you could take them. Anyway the last refill will almost always be a partial refill because the #s don't match. Pharmasists can not give more than the rx was written for they fill rx's they don't write them. The bottle indicated you had a refill left and you got a refill. It just wasn't as many as you had gotten in the past. There is not enough room on a rx lable to explain all this. I know many people might say "then say .5 refills" if only half is remaining. Well Did you notice the (.) If you are 70 years old you may have missed it and thought it was 5 refills. You see it does not matter they are always complaints. The world is not perfect. Grow up, If you don't know how something works ask, liston and learn. Don't just yell about it.