CVS Pharmacy / cvs / boulder pharmacy / overpriced and underserved

1 Boulder, CO, United States

This is the second time I have experienced this problem with the same CVS pharmacy in Boulder Colorado. I have been a long term patient using Target/CVS pharmacy for blood pressure medication and Gabapentin, both which cannot be discontinued. I travel frequently and sometimes longer than expected. About a year ago I ran a few pills short of blood pressure medication- Losartan-and was charged $40 for about five or so pills. I did not question it, as they stated my insurance would not cover it given the out of state request and my refills were not yet due. There was no effort to help and now I understand there is a CVS card that could have been employed. Again, this time I ran three or four pills short of Gabapentin, and they stated there were no refills and they could not sell me any medication as I did not have my original pill container with me. No offer to help or contact my routine pharmacist. I called my pharmacist, who is wonderful, in Slidell, La., my home, who faxed them a label, and stated I could be "loaned the few pills' against my upcoming refill which had to be authoritzed but this was a Sat and that could not occur until Mon. I was charged $12.99 for four pills which cost $2.00 for 60. The pharmacist saw me as I complained about what appeared to be taking advantage of a routine patient while out of state. No concern; no offer to help-that is what is cost our store. I pointed out that my normal prescription of this generic medication, which cost $2.00 would then cost $180 which is hard to imagine. Also my pharmacist label which was handed to me with the prescription listed a much lower cost-$2.88 which he stated did not apply. Their store can't lose money on my four pills.

I now have had extremely poor customer service for the second time, and after contacting my pharmacist she also voiced dismay. I will not continue to do business with a large pharmacy that does not help its customer/patients-long term at that-and will switch to Walgreens who canot do worse, and I suspect will go a lot further to help.

Bad job, CVS. You will not succeed long term with these practices. At the very least your pharmacy could have contacted CVS in La.

Susan Lindsey