Cell C / horrible service!

1 South Africa Review updated:

Hi, my husband has 2 contract with CELL C for a few years now. September last year my LG KG 800 CHOCOLATE phone just went completely white. It was in brand new condition. At first the Chatsworth branch refused to take it in to repair & then later in Nov 2007 they sent it to Ixia for repairs. 2 Months passed & they did not call me. January, I called the Chatsworth shop & was told that the repair center were still waiting for parts. Eventually in Feb. the lady from their branch called to say that the phone could not be repaired due to a fault from the repair persons side & that they were going to replace my phone with a brand new phone. A week later my husband goes to the shop to collect the phone & is quite shocked when they hand him a second hand phone with scratches all over the front & back. They then denied the brand new replacement and said that they will send the phone back to Ixia & get the covers replaced.

On the 26 March the lady at their branch e-mailed me that the phone will take 1.5 weeks to return. Once again 1.5 weeks later she calls to say that they cannot find replacement covers & would like to give me a second hand samsung 900. I have tried on several occasions to contact the repair person at Ixia but to date he has not made any reply to my e-mails or messages. I have had no contract phone for 5 months now. I am still paying the contract amount. I also called the CELL C toll free no. several times & at 1 time really believed that someone was going to assist me. From the beginning I have had to deal with lies and don't care attitudes. I have never in all my life experienced such horrid service delivery. I am so stressed & frustrated.

Comments

• Te
      15th of Jul, 2008

I've been on hold for close to an hour now after the consultant answered the first time (after being on hold for 20 minutes), said there was noise on the line, I asked her to call me back but instead I was put back in the qeue.

How is it possible that my call should be on hold for this amount of time? Terrible service. First thing tomorrow I will start the process of moving my account.