Bsnl - Bangalore / New connection problems!

1 India Review updated:

Yes, I booked for new landline and broadband connection on 12.3.07; till now no action from BSNL (Bangalore) side. Not sure, whom should I contact for further followup. Once I personally went to commercial office where I booked the connection and got 2 contact numbers for further inquiry, but no luck.

In BSNL Bangalore official web site also no option to book complaint my case. If anyone knows the suitable method to track it, please guide me.

Thanks,
Vadivel.K.

Va

Comments

• Su
      18th of Apr, 2007

A copy of email to BSNL:

I am sunil kumar G, serving in Bordersecurity force, Yelahanka, Bangalore. I had applied for a newBroad band internet connection ( Home plan-250) on 5-4-2007 on telephone No. 28478472 with type -I modem ( for purchasing the modem) at BSNL Yelahanka, Bangalore. But I have not yet installed the new broad modem. I inquire about the fact with JTO Yelhanka, he told me that there is no type -I modem supply. If it is not available, I request u to kindly provide a type-II modem at the earliest please.

I got the advertisement of type -I modem from ur web site. So I applied for the type -I Modem. If it is not available, kindly remove the advertisement of type -I modem from ur web site. So that the customer can save their time without any expectation of type -I modem, they can directly applied for type-II modem. If u could not provide the internet connection, I am compel to take connection from any other ISP like reliance or Airtel.

It is therefore I once again request u that kindly provide new internet connection at the earliest please.

• Ka
      24th of May, 2007

I applied for new connection as well as broadband connection so urgently in BSNL and was promised to be provide within a week. i had booked for the connection 17/04/2007... till now i am waiting.

Now customer care dept saying you contact to your nearest exchange off .so almost every day i am doing contact to my nearest exchange off (National Game village- Kormangla branch) . There , the official every time assuring me they will come and check my house. some time they are saying they have some problem in this area. some time they are speaking so rudely.

I don’t know how do i approach them. And when shall i get the connection. I am so fed up with this dept.

Regards
    Kali Prasad

1st of Jun, 2007

What this BSNL people are doing... I have booked broadband connection on Feb 07 but till now i have not got any connection nor any feedback from BSNL... i have called many times to see whats happening but no body is bothered... I would have taken Airtel but in our area there is no Airtel BroadBand tooo... what a luck...

5th of Jun, 2007

Today morning I contacted BSNL billing inquiry department at 08025424455 and spoke with Sheela.

As soon as I asked her about my bill she started shouting at me and she was very rude and she did not answer any of my queries and she said she is from accounts department. If she is not the correct person to answer the questions then she should not sit there. She does not know how to talk to the customer.

After that I asked for the customer care number and she gave me a wrong number. As we do not have a BSNL directory to check I do not know whom to contact regarding the issue.

Customers will call that number if they have any doubts regarding their bill and the person at the other end should be very calm because the customer has all the rights to know about their billing statement.

I want someone to take action against her so that she can not talk to anyone else like this in future.

5th of Jul, 2007

Hi,

I reside in HSR layout sector 2 , last 3 weeks, i have problem with phone connection, its almost dead, once when i complained in kormangala office and Hsr office, they said the same words, they will today, tomorrow, the same lines.

Till there is no connection, i will look for one more week, i used to get average of 1500 bill all the times, this time, am not going to pay the bill...

Let see the probs...

13th of Jul, 2007

I have been using BSNL landline (23434044) in Bangalore and broadband for the last 2 years, all of a sudden since last one month, my BSNL broadband is not working and the landline has enormous amount of disturbance. I lodged a complaint with BSNL for landline ( docket /complaint no 104) and for the broadband ( complaint number 3071010). Everyday I call and inform the BSNL guys but nobody turns up, it is more than 3 weeks that the complaint was lodged, the landline goes off in the night and the broadband link goes off every 2 mins. It is completely falling on deaf ears.

Thanks,
    Shrinivas

15th of Jul, 2007

I registered for a new telephone connection with Data line for Internet on July 3, 2007. I was told by the customer service that the service will be activated in a weeks time.

I have not got the connection after waiting for 10 days. Horrible service and no one wants to respond on the phone.

How do we believe our government systems and services? They don't have value for any commitments.

24th of Jul, 2007

I have booked bsnl broadband connection on26-12-06. Extremely sorry to inform that, there is no information from them till date weather they will provide the connection or not. Any amount of my phone calls to Area manager Mr Parthiban or Mrs Jyothi has not yielded any result so far. The response is highly disappointing. In a competitive world like this, if this is the response of BSNL, I do not know how they will survive. My telephone no is26791929.

19th of Aug, 2007

Applied for BSNL fresh telephone connection in Jan2006, not yet got it. APP NO: APP569000, BKF/N-OYT-GNL/3587-000

I booked for new landline on 18.01.06; They told, new connection will take 7 days. I started following up after a week, initially, they were just giving me new numbers to contact, when went to Whitefield and kundanahalli exchanges, but no progress. Then, I personally went to BSNL office where I booked the connection and got 2 contact numbers for further inquiry, then after 6 months and now after 1year i don't have the connection yet. Now I'm still trying to follow up for Telephone connection. The contact number given to me, that person is replying very rudely, and saying it may take another 6 months. Not sure, whom to contact.

• Vi
      4th of Sep, 2007

You can call up 1500 from any bsnl line follow the IVRS and ask them the status by giving your consumer number (It is in registration card). You can then ask them whom to contact for the follow up. It will be Divisional engineer after which Aria Manager after which General Manager (installation).

Hopefully you will get satisfactory reply (anyways they are not giving satisfactory service) from these so called inefficient government officials.

If you apply with private provider (like airtel) they will give connection within 7 days in case of BSNL after 7 months also nobody can be sure if they will give connection. I am also a victim of the BSNL.

28th of Sep, 2007

hi

i book the connection 20 day bank stil i have not get the ph connection they told me that we will get the connection withen in on 7 day plzzzz give me a all to this number 080 - 69800025
    or 9845960081

amrutha

• Ve
      24th of Oct, 2007

Hi,

I booked for the broadband connection 3 months back. I did not get connection. Till now response from BSNL. Yesterday I received a bill of Rs 2300. I was shocked. All Govt employees are like this..

7th of Nov, 2007

Hi,

I registered a new BSNL connection for broad band in April 17th, 2007. Till now I am not given with the connection. The fun is not over. Then the area where I am staying was under Carmellaram exchange. Now I am told that my area is moved to a new exchange. Now none of them are taking the responsibility and trying to wash their hands away from the case. My phone number is 9448035716.

Regards,
    Sharmin.

21st of Nov, 2007

Booked broadband in Feb 2007. After waiting and daily follow-ups with BSNL for 8 months, managed to get the connection. It worked fine for a week or two. Called the on site supervisor, Mr. Krishna... will be done was the answer. It's almost 3 weeks now.

I have very promptly got a huge bill for the service not used. Why don't BSNL authorities do something about their pathetic service??? If they can not serve customers, why have this service at all??

• Mo
      13th of Dec, 2007

Hi,

Even i have applied for BSNL new connection along with Broadband on 19/5/2007, I got the landline connection on 8th October 2007 but not the Broadband connection. I am keep on calling the person to know the status, they use to said the same always that your broadband connection will come in another 7 to 8 days.

Please give you valid suggession to me.

• Do
      31st of Dec, 2007

I applied for BSNL broadband last year. When I submitted all money and inquired about my connection they said 'you need to wait for 8-12 months because there is no port in your area'. Now I got the connection after 1 year. But in every 2 months there will be some fault. And there is nothing called 'customer care'. They disconnect the call without listening to your complain/problem. Every time they come for installation or repair, they will ask bribe!! ###. I didn't hear any good about private companies as well. There is [censored]ing not a single good ISP.

• Re
      28th of Jan, 2008

I have same problem with BSNL. I got broadband connection from BSNL in year 2006. An engineer came with ADSL & told that he will be back within two days. But on continuous request to BSNL no action has been taken the engineer was from franchise & has left the job. I have activated ECS & without knowing recently i found BSNL has been charging me Rs 250/- per month from year 2006 for the connection which was never provided.

I have written almost 10-15 mails to all big shots in BSNL & spoken to authorities verbally in bangalore but no response only promises.

7th of Apr, 2008

Poor is not the word...pathetic. something else is there in world...it is the one.
    it has been 1.5 months complaining on no internet but people call if it is working or not but no one comes and checks. Heights is that the exchange is in the area itself. The officials blame each other but one wants to take onus and repair it. go to exchange, they tell tpo call online. call online and they tell to go to exchange.
    worst service ever seen. waiting when will airtel starts it braodand in my area and i will first register there.

3rd of May, 2008

Hi,

I got a broadband connection from bsnl a month back, 250-plan .Iam facing frequent problem of dissconnection for every 10 minutes, Iam not sure what is the problem ... can anybody help in resolving the problem