AT&T U - Verse / technical incompetence

1 Houston, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 281-480-8076

On May 21 or 22 I spent a LONG time with one of your female employees trying to figure out why I only have snow on my TV screen. I have a DVR and 2 slave units on remote TV sets. The main set is fine, the second set in the living room was the problem and the third set in a rec room is fine. After a series of diagnostic checks she finally told me that the DVR slave unit was malfunctioning so she would set up an appointment for a technician to come and replace it. The appointment was set for from 12 noon until 4pm on May 23.

When it got to be 4:20 I called ATT and, after the usual series of redundant questions, I was referred to a male technician who said he could fix my problem. Guess I need to apologize for my irate conversations because I have found that, at my age, there is a reverse correlation between age and patience, and I'm in my 86th year!

So, he suggested I do about 2 or 3 things, and I had my picture back! So, after talking with an incompetent service person, being told it was the slave unit and that a technician would come to replace it (WHICH NEVER HAPPENED), and waiting all afternoon Saturday, he fixed it in a minute. Too bad you don;t do a better job screening your applicants! I own a company that requires excellent customer interface and, if I treated my customers like you do yours, I'd be out of business. TOO BAD THIS COMPLAINT WON'T EVER REACH MANAGEMENT SO THEY CAN FIX A PROBLEM THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW THEY HAVE.

Ma
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Fu
      13th of Nov, 2010

Agreed, I think they get away with it cause it is a monopoly all over again. You either have them or you have a VOIP line which will go down if there is a loss of power.