ATT Worldnetcredit card overcharge for services not rendered

A Review updated:

ATT Worldnet notified me by mail that ISP (Internet Service Provider) service for all of Puerto Rico (where I live) would be discontinued in Jan 2002. I called the company to cancel my account and ask for a referral to another ISP service.

On May 27 2003, I noticed that ATT Worldnet had continued to charge my VISA credit card for monthly service, at the rate of $18.95/month for the ensuing 16 months. I contacted the company by phone [protected]), but the supervisor I talked with, Christine, refused to refund my money, even though she admitted that ATT Worldnet discontinued services to Puerto Rico, and that I had not accessed the account or services since January 2002.

I want ATT Worldnet to refund the money charged to my credit card for services they discontinued since January 2002. They continued to charge me $18.95/month for the 16 months (since service was discontinued until now), for a total charge of $303.20 for services not rendered. I want ATT Worldnet to refund me $303.20.

• Chandra Kilgore's Response · May 16, 2017

I need to go to another carrier

• Marsha Berry Painter's Response · Oct 31, 2018

I couldn't request repair online as it didn't recognize the phone # and zip. Century Link provided more info than ATT did. Apparently ATT used CL lines and doesn't have that info in their system for agents to see and they can't access the acct to do anything at all for me. Mgr will offer $20 for no phone line 2 wks and 2+ hrs of NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• B
      Oct 23, 2018
    Att internet - Att internet service/assistance
    Austin
    Texas

I just completed a chat re my internet service. They promised if we were disconnected they would call. Never received one call as 3 would be made if needed. False promises again.

• W
      Oct 28, 2018
    ATT Uverse - internet
    Ukiah
    California
    att.net

It is slower than [censored] and has been for the last 2 weeks it freezes and I wait and wait then it freezes. I pay the extra 10 do9llars for the fastest and it's a joke. Don't pay it its not worth it.

• F
      Oct 31, 2018
    AT&T - Ridiculous bills and not working with you on payment arrangements
    Ashland
    Mississippi

I pay more for my cell phones that I do my car. AT&T is a complete joke!! Service is crappy 90% of the time and they expect you to pay the full balance!!! They never want to work with you no matter how good of a customer you are. Once I get my installments paid off, I will be switching carriers!!

Nov 01, 2018
    ATT Uverse - Cell Phone
    Chicago
    Illinois
    att.com

I'm unable to receive phone calls on my cell phone and I was told that my phone is going to take at least three days before they can even see whats going on. This is the worst cell phone company ever. I received no credits or anything.

Nov 05, 2018
    AT&T - not sure
    Dalton
    Georgia
    payerc.com

I received a bill from a collection agency today saying I owe869.76 to at&t. ive never had an account with at&t. I need to know when this happened and for what service

Nov 05, 2018
    ATT Uverse - Reward for signing up with Uv erse
    Chillicothe
    Missouri

I was promised a 500 dullard reward . This was done Nov. 1916 in Feb. I contracted AT&T Rewards and was told to send them copies of the last bill from my last Internet provider. That was done . I have not heard a word from
    them. I called AT&T to day after going three operators, I was told I they unable help me I had forget my pass code.

• V
      Nov 11, 2018
    ATT Uverse - Commercials
    Millers Creek North Carolina

The guy acting like Gerri's biller is so annoying. I don't know where advertising gets their ideas anymore but commercials are so annoying I will not use products just because I hate the commercials. Please stop

Nov 11, 2018
    AT&T - Nothing remolely like customer service.
    Page
    Arizona
    att.com

40+ yrs as landline customer, can't get anyone to help me bc ATT agents say they can't access bill w/ATT billing us monthly, transferred to wrong dept over & over, hung up on 2X, no mgr available to assist, say it's my fault for calling wrong # listed on website, they say they are sorry and "understand" but do NOTHING to resolve issue. NO SERVICE.

• W
      Nov 12, 2018
    AT and T - that at&t commercial
    Lancaster
    South Carolina

Please remove advertisement from television with the guy screaming in the shower...that is the craziest AT&T commercial...it gets on our nerves !!! Our whole family says oh no, not that commercial again . It is ridiculous and It does not make someone want tot and buy/ use AT&T services or products.

Nov 12, 2018
    AT&T - cell phone bill

My account number [protected]

Jan 23, 2019
    AT&T - directtv

DTV indicates I have a balance due, which has been sent to collections. The information from the collection agency is out of date and does not match the balance due. So no support of balance due. DTV refers me to collections agency. Collection agency points me to DTV.

• P
      May 07, 2019
    AT&T - Telephone service
    at&t.com

payment made for phone services. No services provided. all I want is my services restored. They restored one phone service and not [protected]. Please help, Patricia Singleton

• F
      May 21, 2019
    AT&T - directv bad signal
    United Kingdom

have not been able to enjoy our directv bc of the signal always bad n messing up even when the weather is fine.would like a discount for this coming bill due to not being able to enjoy my directv. our account number is [protected] thank you n please fix this

May 25, 2019
    AT&T - Cell phone service

I requested to be disconnected February 28th. They are still charging me $59 a month. I would like my 2 months of charges refunded and AT&T service disconnected. My phone number is [protected]

• D
      Aug 05, 2019
    AT&T Wireless Service - Working on lines
    710 Locust St

Your worker left the og&e transmitter box open (while away from the box) with all the wires sticking to out. There are small children in the area and could have easily gotten hurt due to your employees negligence. I have pictures to prove this persons negligence.

• D
      Sep 16, 2019
    AT&T - Failure to Bury Cable
    None

I have had a cable strung across my front and back yard for a month. I cannot mow my grass and no the cables are starting to get covered in leaves it running across my sidewalk creating a trip hazard.

• K
      Oct 01, 2019
    AT&T - phone
    6310 Morse Ave.

Can someone from headquarters in the us call me
    [protected]
    I am very unsatisfied with a t t service, even have problems with submitting a request.
    Horrible, unprofessional service and the huge problem that it is impossible to reach US agent.

• X
      Oct 08, 2019
    AT&T - Wireless

AT&T does not know their own policies and therefore wastes your time. It is hard to envision doing business with them

• A
      Nov 10, 2019
    AT&T - Cell phone

At&t have blacklisted a phone that I have paid in full for. THEY MADE THE MISTAKE AND NOW DONT WANT TO FIX THE ISSUE!!! SCAMMERS. You would think this should be easily resolved but no instead I have talked to 10 difference reps with no resolution.

Nov 20, 2019
    AT&T - Billing for Cancelled Account

Signed up for Direct TV 8/15/19. Paperwork stating 3 business days to cancel. Cancelled on 8/17/19. Got billed, acct: [protected]. Kept getting reminder bills. 10/7/19 spoke with Chris (woman) at [protected]. Stated account is closed and will issue cr 7-10 days to show.

Call from collections agency this morning & hired to pursue me. HELP Please.

Nov 27, 2019
    At&T - phone service

i suspended my phone service in 2016 and the changes just stop last month of 2019 the address is 3849 n post rd account name pure passion account number [protected]-7040