Having problems with AT&T?

+1 800 288 2020 (Customer Service)
+1 888 333 6651 (Order New Wireless Service)
+1 877 782 8870 (Check Wireless Order Status)
+1 314 925 6925 (Support For Travel Abroad)
+1 800 901 9878 (AT&T PrepaidSM)
+1 844 827 7057 (Order New U-Verse TV Service)
+1 866 861 6075 (Order New Digital Phone Service)
+1 800 331 0500 (Wireless Customer Service)
+1 866 294 3464 (ConnecTech PaidTechnical Support)
+1 866 435 3264 (Dial-Up Billing & Payments)
+1 877 990 0041 (Order New Fixed Wireless Internet Service English)
+1 866 975 0050 (AT&T PREPAID Wireless Home Phone)
+1 855 288 2727 (Digital Life)
575 Morosgo Dr., NE Rm 14f67
Atlanta, Georgia
United States - 30324-3300

Complaints & Reviews

I am complaining about my visa reward card.

I am complaining about my Visa Reward Card. I was promised I would receive the card after 3-4 months of...

wireless phone and dsl

Was sent a hotspot to help with the terrible service that I get with DSL. This resulted in a huge run around, and I'm probably on my tenth call totey and resolve the issue.

I returned the hotspot within the time allowed, and was told by EVERY rep I've had to speak to, that my billing would be credited ($135.00) BEFORE the payment would hit my auto-pay. Well, it's been a month, and when I last called (a few days ago) I was AGAIN told by rep (Grace) in the Philippines, that my bill would show the credit of $135.00 within 24 hrs., and I wouldn't need to call back.

Well... today I see that I wasn't credited the $135.00, and it has now been debuted from my account.

What is going on at AT&T? Why does it take so many phone calls, so much time on hold, and so many phone calls to get things done? Why does a credit that's owed to you, need to sit in a twilight zone billing are, while you wait for the billing God's to credit your account? Ifcalls are recited for quality assurance, who's reviewing these recorded calls?

I'm so angry with AT&T, that just as soon as my family has another provider option, I'll be switching our service, for our wireless phones, as well as our whimsy DSL.

Every time I call, I also get a rep from the Philippines, and I DON'T WANT TO SPEAK YO AN OFF-SHORE REP, as they talk entirely too much, and NEVER DO what they say they're Going to do.

In a letter written by an investment firm that holds over 1 billion dollars in AT&T stock, the investment firms CEO clearly states the issues with AT&T, which begins at the TOP.

All we want, is for AT&T to wake up, and take care of its customers!! I'm sick of spending so much of MY time trying to fix what AT&T should have fixed, over a month ago!!!

• Updated by Frustrated and fed-up · Oct 03, 2019

I've been waiting for over a month fir a $135.00 credit to hit my account! I've spent hours on the phone with billing to try and resolve the issue, but so far NO-ONE has taken the initiative to correct the wrong, and today AT&T took the money out of my checking account.

Why is it so difficult to get the credit on your account, that you are owed?

I along with thousands of other consumers will be dropping AT&T just as soon as we have another viable option.

Heck, the CEO of the investment firm that holds over a billion dollars worth of AT&T stock, has even issued AT&T CEO and exes. a letter detailing where AT&T has screwed up, and where they need to improve. Proving to me, and many, many other AT&T customers, that AT&T has become incompetent, and I'm assuming they'll most likely sell their stock in AT&T if things don't change rapidly.

Correct this situation now, and stop routing the calls to the Philippines, where the reps don't do anything they say they'll do!

This is frustrating and shouldn't be happening!

increased contract charges I did not agree to

AT&T's charges for landline phone+internet+basicTV have gone up and up and up. I am locked into a contract. I was told the price would go down but instead it has gone up. This month it is $146. I am 83 and a widow. When the contract is up next year I will try to find someone cheaper. Can you help?
Sonia Bennett Murray
(Mrs.) Gilbert L. Murray Jr.
407 Oaklawn Place
Biloxi, MS 39530
[protected]
[protected]@gmail.com

cancellation of service

I was told by a sales rep I have a month try out period if I add a new service and want to cancel it, i should not be charged for anything. then I added Internet 25 & Uverse TV bundle package. after installation, I found out the room I really need TV service cannot be accessed by cable. so I need cancel the TV service, but if I cancel the TV service, the internet charge will be jumped up to $60/month instead of $40/month, which is not attractive at all based on the internet speed, So I am thinking to cancel everything, since i cannot get any promotional price at all for the internet service. then the agent told me I will be charged for a early termination fee. what? why the sales rep said I should not be charged for anything during the adding service? Now I will be charged for the early termination? it is ridiculous! Sales rep is cheating the customer to attract them to get the new service! During the phone, i tried to find some help from inside of ATT, but the agent kept saying I am sorry and once i cancel the service, the system will automatically generate the early termination fee, bla bla bla, keep repeating and do nothing!!!

So, as customer, we can just take whatever we are given, take whatever we have been cheated for, and do nothing at all????????????????????????????? what type of company AT&T right now is!!!

billing department

I have had AT&T for years in Florida and Michigan. I recently purchased a home in Senoia, Georgia. I now...

sporadic, unreliable phone & texting services

Cell phone service getting worse. Texting and phone calls do not go through. Text & phone messages sometime...

mobile device activation fee

Several weeks ago my wife passed away and I called AT&T to discontinue her cell phone service. I told the person on the phone that I wanted to discontinue the phone and at the same time purchase an apple watch. He said that I could go into the AT&T store in Heath, Ohio and take care of there would be no activation fees. We were eligible for an upgrade.
At the store the sales person stated that there would be an activation fee because it was the store and company policy.
I was an AT&T customer for many years and updated many phones without fees.
Beware because they will tell you one thing to get you in the store and do something completely different.

att mobile

I called att mobile on July 18, 2019 to upgrade my phone. I was told that I qualified for a buy one get one free promotion. I was told that my husbands number could be transferred to the free phone. Before the conversation was over, the lady told me the free phone would have a new number so my husband said he would change his number. I was told that my average bill would be $165 per month.
I called today to see why my bills are so high; Last month $250, this month $313. The representative Julie told me that I'm paying for two $800 phones, that I did not qualify for the buy one get one free promotion. I asked to speak to someone in management. Someone named Kenzie came onto the phone, she used the word unfortunately a lot and talked in circles. She told me that this could not be fixed. I requested to speak to someone in upper management, she said I would be called back in 72 hours, but unfortunately they would tell me the same thing.

scam

We switched back to at&t mobile on 3/31/19 at Costco when they had a promotion to buy 1 phone get 1 free. We created 4 new lines. On 4/ 3at&t sent me a bill for 1882.79.
I called and spoke to a rep who could't locate the account # from the bill said don't worry about it she had another acct for me which was fine. Next thing I know I'm in collections, On May 9th after getting collections letter I called at&t couldn't locate #.Sent me to loyalty dept. Deborah said we received other phones like a total of 6. I said NO. It seems that costco created 2 different accounts, She checked somethng and said that one of the phones she could locate and gave me credit for it. Said if I could find other phone send it in she would give me credit to fix this. Grandson had phone never opened since he had phone I am paying for on my bill. I sent phone back on May 6th in packaing from at&t. you received 5/10. After many hours of phone calls finally found out on Sept 9th that had to due with the 2nd acct opened with costco which had been closed. Was told by supervisor that they would have this fixed in 24-48 hours. I called back 9/25 to find out that because phone was late going back my claim was denied. So they have phone and still want me to pay for it. None of this was my faault it was between costco and at&t, I told them if I;m paying for phone then I want the phone. After another 2 hours today another ticket was opened. Imtold everyone I spoke to the date it was sent back no one said anything about late date. So at& t has a good scam I pay for the phone never used and they can sell again to get double amount. To spend hours over days explaining situation over and over nothing was fixed, charging me 982.00

uverse

I returned the equipment per their instructions after cancelling my service. They sent me my Final Bill, which I assumed (apparently in error) that my AT&T account was taken care of and no longer an issue. They are now attempting to charge me for the equipment. I contacted them, tried to rectify the situation, and am left without options. To read the entire issue as well as a solution, please sign my change.org petition.

installation of the internet and phone service.

Hello my name is MIchael living in south Florida. On 9.2.19 I called in to place an order for service for...

service suck

I ordered a phone on September 4. O ordered the iPhone XR in yellow. About a week and a half after I had been without a phone I called to check the status on my phone and was then told it would be here in a day. When it did not show up we called again and then they said it was on back order and would TAKE MONTHS!!! No one told me the phone I ordered could take months to get to me while I was ordering and then they lied about when it would get to me. We were then told an iPhone XR in white would be expedited to me because of the inconvenience and would arrive the next day. 4 days later the phone is still not here and each time we call we are told we will get it "tomorrow". While the representatives are nice, they just keep [censored]ing lying to me. I've had to start a new job and not know how to get there, not be able to view my schedule for either of my jobs, been driving around without a phone, and being without the general functions of a phone for 2 weeks. I just want to not be lied to and be able to feel safe knowing I have the ability to call people when I need to. Dont order a phone from AT&T they will [censored] you over.

account number [protected]

This account was supposed to be closed in June. It apparrently wasn't even though I moved and had a different provider. I will not pay for a mistake by someone there. I also went to the hospital in June for an extended stay due to a pulmonary embolism that almost killed me. Because I could not follow up, you kept the account active in an attempt to extort more money from me. I am permanently disabled and I cannot afford extra money going out. This account should be closed with a zero balance. Again, this should have happened months ago. It has taken me more than three times as long to type this than it should because of my health. Make this go away.

internet

Due to a move, I called AT&T to cancel my internet service for the business at the first of July. I spent 1...

internet

On 9/10 my internet stopped working which also means my cable stopped working since it runs off my internet. ATT was notified via phone on 9/10 and scheduled a technician to come out on 9/11. On 9/11 a tech came out and was at my house for less than 10 minutes. He said it was the main line and he had to send out another department. He told us the issue would be fixed the same day which was 9/11. As of 9/12 the issue was not fixed so I call ATT. They told me the tech put the ticket in the system wrong and they would have to enter a new ticket and the issue should be fixed within 24 hours. On 9/13 (24 hours later) the issue was not fixed and so I called ATT once again. They could not find any ticket in my account and said they would have to create a new ticket. I spoke with a supervisor and he gave me ticket number A925R and said it would be fixed once again within 24 hours. Now it is 9/15 (48 hours later) the issue is still not fixed. Once again I have to call ATT and they said the ticket number I was given is not a valid ticket number and there is no ticket fir my account. I have now been without service for almost a week. I have 2 adults and 6 children in my house. One adult who works from home and has had to use her phone hotspot which is very slow. I have 3 teenagers who need to do school work from home and have also had to use their hotspots. I have spent at 5-10 hours on the phone with ATT to try and resolve this issue. This is the worst customer service I have experienced ever! I have ATT cable, internet, alarm and 7 cellphones. I will be looking for new services for all. ATT has no regard for their customer and clearly the employees have no idea what they are doing.

new prepaid service.

Ordered AT&T $25 / 8gb per month pre-paid online promotion September 10, 2019.
Received and installed sim September 13, 2019.
First, instructions included with sim had no relevance to the promotion. Dialed 611 and was told via automated service I had no balance paid and needed to pay. $300 plus tax already on Master Card! Managed to get a live person who said he found the problem. They were correcting the billing issue, shutdown phone now, restart in 15 minutes and you will have your service. Didn't happen. Left it off, tried again. Nothing. Called again and it was inferred I needed to contact my credit card company. I did. To my surprise their support was working late and said there are no pending charges. So who's not doing their job?
I'm thinking I should have gone with a MVNO that wants my business.

wireless phone service/upgrade

I contacted ATT online chat to clarify info regarding upgrading my phone

I am including transcript of the conversation I had with 2 people(one was supposedly a manager)

I contacted ATT because a year ago when I signed up for service I told them I wanted the plan where I could upgrade my phone every 12 months if I so chosen... As you will see in the transcript below, the manager acknowledges that ATT basically lied to me hen I signed up and I m forced to pay almost $600 to upgrade
——————————
AT&T: Welcome to AT&T Chat. While we connect you to an agent, please share how we can help you today?
Jeff: i have an iPhone xrmax and when I signed up last year I told them I wanted the plan with the ability to upgrade my phone yearly if I chose to... I checked my upgrade eligibility and it says I have to pay an additional $580 on top of the $576 I have paid in installments???
Jeff: If I chose to switch carriers, what would the cost be?
Harry Moore: Hi! My name is Harry Moore. I'm happy to help! Let's get started.
Harry Moore: Please give me a moment to review your request.
Harry Moore: Jeff, we do not wish to loose valued customer like you please be assured I will provide you best resolution on upgrade
Harry Moore: Jeff, I see your device is under 30 months installment and currently you are on 12th of 30th months installment and you pay $48.34 / mo
Harry Moore: so as per the contract policy you will be able to upgrade your device only after completing 25th installment of 30
Harry Moore: So the charge $579.91 if you pay this it will cover installments up to 25th months and you will be eligible for upgrade it
Harry Moore: But no worries I am checking other options for you
Jeff: That makes no sense... if I signed up for a plan to upgrade yearly, you are basically telling me that I can't without a heavy penalty
Harry Moore: No this is not penalty however the mobile cost instead we are not even charing you other 5th installment payments, let me check other better options
Jeff: i signed up to upgrade yearly and you are telling me I have to wait until the 25th month????
Harry Moore: That is correct because the yearly upgrade comes with 24 months installment however you have 30 months installment plan
Harry Moore: I am checking other options
Harry Moore: Which will be better without any charges
Jeff: ok... let's see what you can offer...
Harry Moore: Thank you.
Harry Moore: Please allow me a moment to check this for you.
Jeff: ok
Harry Moore: Thank you.
Harry Moore: Jeff, I am sorry to inform you that you won't be able to upgrade until and unless you pay up till 25th month or wait since you are on the 30 months plans, but I am transferring tis chat to manager for further details
Harry Moore has left the chat
You are being transferred, please hold...
Agent Adam enters chat
Adam: Hi! My name is Adam. I'm happy to help! Please give me a moment to review your request.
Adam: Yes, you opted for the 30-month installment plan hence won't be able to upgrade now. Please pay off the device balance or pay to upgrade for device eligibility.
Jeff: When I signed up I told them I wanted to be able to upgrade yearly if I chose to (12 months)
Jeff: now I a, being told that I can't upgrade until the 25th month??????
Adam: Yes, it was on the 24-month installment and you are on the 30-month installment plan
Jeff: so basically I was lied to regarding yearly upgrades...
Adam: I understand
Jeff: So, I don't appreciate being lied to and I find that totally unacceptable
Adam: I agree
Adam: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Jeff: Ummm... so I have no options other than bending over and accepting no other resolution other than bad press or legal action.. is that what you are telling me? I've been lied to and that's the end of the conversation?
Jeff: whats it going to cost to drop ATT?
Adam: Just the remaining device installment balance plus service used so far.
Adam: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Jeff: No... I guess you've lost me as a customer...
Adam: I am sorry to hear that
Jeff: glad to know it's ok for ATT to lie to customers
Adam: I understand
Jeff: i will, be changing carriers and either go to small claims court and/or contact members of the press
Adam: I am sorry to hear that
Jeff: i am speechless
Adam: I completely understand
Jeff: so it's going to cost me another $576 to, drop ATT?
Adam: I am afraid yes
Jeff: o

“customer service”

At&t received my address after my ex-husband's mail was forwarded as the la féria, tx, post office provide...

unethical behavior

I went with AT&T wireless because they had a buy-out plan. What a joke! I lost almost $1000 with this scam. They didn't pay what they said they would on my phone and didn't pay anything for my daughter's. She mailed her old phone in and since they couldn't find it, wouldn't pay for the buyout. Since we didn't find out that was the problem for 10 weeks, she no longer had the proof that she' mailed it. I had been calling about the refund for over a month, if they had been upfront from the beginning I wouldn't be out all that money. I got the run-around, misinformation and general rudeness. By far the worst consumer experience I've ever had, and one of the most costly.

uverse

I moved to a new community that is AT&T exclusive. I placed my order for UVERSE online the day I moved in 8/29/2019. AT&T gave me an install date of 09/10/2019. I've called twice requesting an earlier date due to my disability.

I see installers in my community daily, sometimes just sitting in their vans or 2 installers standing outside their vans talking for over 30 minutes. My husband has asked them to install our service, as told to do by a rep. She said they would be happy to do it. Not only were they not happy to be asked, but they were also rude.

I called today and placed a new order in my name this time and added phone service. I was given an install date of 9/9/2019.

Later I received an email stating install date was changed to 9/12/2019. I called back and the rep said that time was still available and changed it back to 9/09/2019. She sent me multiple emails.

Well, I later received another email that install day changed back to 9/12/2019.

There is clearly a problem. Someone moved in today and an installer drove up this morning and installed their service.

I was the first one in the building.

I use the internet for everything and need my service installed now.