Ashley Furniture / their service really sucks!

On February 27, 2007 I submitted my order to Mark Alan (distributor for Ashley Furniture). I took the liberty to browse through their showroom via internet and printed all merchandise to order (to make it very easy on Mark Alan).

Any ways; they submitted my order to Ashley Furniture on 3/1/07 and acknowledged order on 3/5/07.

I was promised a ship date on an entire living room seat, including end tables, entertainment unit, sofa table etc., and was promised a ship date of 3/26/07.

1. 3/26/07 came and passed no merchandise.
2. Promised a ship date of 4/5/07; again no merchandise.
3. Promised a ship date of 4/26/07; rec'd partial shipment waiting for sofa/loveseat to materialize. Sku#1830038 & 1830035 - new material (Ashley "Alexandria").
4. Promised sofa/loveseat on 5/5 - come and gone.
5. Promised again on 5/12/07 - come and gone.
6. Promsed again on 5/25/07 - come and gone and the distributor had the mfg. on the phone with me indicating a ship date of 6/8/07 they will follow through to make sure that date is met.
7. Original date have it was 3/26/07 and several promises has come and gone.

I informed the distributor to make sure date is met or I will cancel the order and receive a refund. They in turn tired hard to comfort me; and asked if I would like a replacement.

Whey should I replace something and the original merchandise did not materialize. I said, "NO". If I do not receive any merchandise I will cancel my order.

Today is 6/8/07 and the loveseat is on the truck but no sofa! The sofa will be in on 6/13/07 and I have had it with ASHLEY!

They service really sucks and with no information and/or customer service to help solve this problem.

If anyone should spend money they should receive goods... and I've been waiting far too long to be treated in this matter.

I suggest goods 1st then payment... I will not purchase any Ashley Furniture never again... you have lost a valuable customer!

Sa

Comments

• Bo
      17th of Jun, 2007

Purchased a full bedroom suite, Corona Park, from Ashley Furniture store in Austin, Texas, on south IH35, April 29, 2007. Paid cash up front of $3,606.87. Was told the furniture would be delivered no later than June 19, 2007. 4 weeks later we were notified that deliver was postponed to maybe the week of July 16th. No promises. Made several calls but no one really cared. They had our money and no refund was offered. This was our second purchase from Ashley and the last. The first was a dining room suite 2 years ago and the finish is already starting to chip. No kids in the house to damage the table and chairs. Just bad craftsmanship. Sorry we went back but this will never happen again if we ever get out bedroom suite. Haverty Furniture is just next door and that is where we will going from now on.