Having problems with West Elm?

West Elm reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 2, 2007. The latest review "Spooky Wreath" for Halloween/ Flaw in design- False representation was posted on Sep 19, 2021. The latest complaint back orders was resolved on Apr 08, 2014. West Elm has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 73 reviews. West Elm has resolved 11 complaints.

West Elm Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 922 4119 (United States)
+1 800 1500 4444 (International)
+1 855 860 3081 (Wedding + Gift Registry Support)
3250 Van Ness Ave.

West Elm
+800 15004444

Mark & Graham
+800 15006666

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with West Elm Customer Service. Initial West Elm complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for West Elm above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about West Elm. Discuss the issues you have had with West Elm and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

West Elm Complaints & Reviews

West Elm "Spooky Wreath" for Halloween/ Flaw in design- False representation

Exchanged this wreath 2x and is still defective. Raven is upside down and should look like the picture online. Customer sv said they are probably all made that way.

I will have to cut the raven from the zip ties and then try to fasten it with another zip tie correctly facing the right way. I should not have to do this or waste time on this. The wreath was 70.00 and for that price- it should be correct.

"Spooky Wreath" for Halloween/ Flaw in design- False representation
"Spooky Wreath" for Halloween/ Flaw in design- False representation

Aug 09, 2021

West Elm — Trundle bed and head board

Issue 1. We ordered a trundle bag because we were told it would fit under the queen bed we ordered. It did...

West Elm Rude phone service run-arounds and fradulent charges

January - made a purchase on a back ordered product.

February - Called to cancelled the product because it would take too slow and there was no communication as to when the product will be made/shipped. Was assured the product was cancelled and I would not be charged

May - I was charged for said product without my consent after being told I would not be charged.

April - Called to dispute but got rude customer service who hung up on me. Called back again to someone who was professional and who looked at my file and corroborated my case.

Respond

West Elm Furniture order placed, no communication about additional 4 month delay

Placed order for standard sized queen headboard in custom fabric (chosen from selection on West Elm). Order placed 17-Jan-2021, estimated delivery 24-March-2021. Timeline excessive but I understood based on the current situation. As the delivery date approached, I received no communication and logged on to see the date was bumped out to mid-July 2021. I received no communication from West Elm about this additional delay. Upon calling customer service, I was advised that their vendor for this product would be contacted and a response would be provided in 7-10 business days. Again, extremely excessive for a status update for a placed order. After waiting 15 days, I called again to be advised that the vendor never responded and another email would be sent, again with a 7-10 bus day response window. I will now be waiting an entire month to confirm the status of the order. I was never proactively contacted for any of the delay or to follow up on my inquiry. I can say with certainty that I will not be a future West Elm customer despite the number of rooms we are looking to remodel.

West Elm Refund not received; unclear return tracking

My return was scheduled for pickup at my home on March 16th at midday. They came without issue. I was given tracking to know that it had arrived at the warehouse. I called West Elm to confirm that they had the same information - they did - and to understand how long the refund process would take. I had no expectations. I was told that once it was processed at the warehouse I would see a pending refund that could take up to 3-5 business days. No problem at this point. I was told that if I didn't see a pending refund I should call back. I did. I was told that their processing is probably delayed but I should see a pending refund the next day. Still nothing.
        I call again. And get a very rude person named Brian who tells me the whole process takes 2 weeks. And then I said they already have my items. To which he barked at me that everything I've been told has been inaccurate. He was super negative. I couldn't get clarification for anything he was saying and asked to speak to a supervisor. He would not transfer me and told me that I have to call back if I want to speak to someone else. All I am looking for is tracking my items to see if West Elm has them. To which I cannot seem to get any clarification. They owe me $1, 648. I'd like accurately know when I'm going to receive a refund.

West Elm Lana Upholstered Bed and Haven Daybed

I've been extremely disappointed with West Elm's promised delivery of the two above items. The Lana Upholstered bed was ordered in September 2020. After repeated phone calls to West Elm, they continue to inform me that one piece of the bed is missing; however, they do not know when it will be in or where exactly the missing piece is. The information they give me is that it is somewhere either in their distribution center or still being made.

It is now March, 2021 (9 months) after I placed the order. I've had a similar experience with the Haven daybed. I ordered in December 2019 which was promised in January, 2021. Soon after, they send me an email stating that the piece is backordered and won't be in until February. Then they change it to March and now they have sent me an email saying April.

With the Lana Upholstered bed, there is no communication whatsoever unless I call West Elm. I have to run through the entire story and each time get no resolution whatsoever. It's very frustrating.

If I knew what I know now, I would have ordered another bed through Crate and Barrel or Restoration Hardware or anywhere other than West Elm.

Mar 01, 2021

West Elm — Upholstery fabric by the yard, chunky basketweave stone color

I placed an order for Upholstery Fabric by the Yard, Chunky Basketweave color: Stone on October 16, 2020 with...

Feb 21, 2021

West Elm — A sofa I ordered october 2020 west elm

Order number: 303030762122I West Elm I ordered a sofa from West Elm in October of 2020. I was told by the...

West Elm Monroe Couch

Bough a Monroe Couch Chaise from West Elm on Jan 9 2020. This was delivered to me on March 2 2020. When delivered the legs were shaky and were shown to the delivery team, they clicked a picture and said new legs will be shipped to us. September we filed a complaint with West Elm for the manufacturing defect and asked them to check the ouch. After in home inspection we were told that it cannot be repaired as it is a manufacturing defect. The couch was returned in December and we still have not received a refund from the store.

West Elm Return

I have called customer service only to be cut off twice. I need to return a chair so I can get a refund. Chair is nothing like described and is inferior quality.
              Customer service only need to arrange collection in order for me to return and receive a refund.
              They will not do this so I am unable to start my refund process.
              So unprofessional. This needs to be resolved asap!!

West Elm Not honoring sale price

I purchased a coffee table October 8th 2020 with a "white Glove" delivery scheduled for October 27th. Today is November 23rd 2020 and I still do not have the item OR a revised date of delivery. During this period (7 weeks) the item has gone on sale twice. The first time 20% off November 5th, the second time for "Black Friday" sales. I asked them, since my order had not been received to honor the sale price and this is the response I got, "Please know that all of our sales and promotions are managed by our Corporate Marketing Team. Sale pricing and promotional offers are based on many factors, such as purchasing history, stock allowance and future purchase orders. I regret to inform that we do not know when the next promotional sale will be. I apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience that this information might cause. We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding the difficulty you experienced with your promotional code/sales price adjustment. Our representatives are unfortunately unable to apply a promotion, sale price adjustment to an order that has already processed. No prior/future orders or orders that are already placed can be adjusted. " I immediately asked to speak to a Supervisor. I repeated this request November 11th & 16th and no one has responded. I want 20% off the coffee table I've already paid for and been waiting 7 weeks to get and I want a reliable updated delivery date.

West Elm Order number [protected] two extra large planters

The original order was placed in August and was told delivery would be October 26. then it went to November 2 then changed to November 9 then changed to November 14 now changed again to November 20.
                  I live in new jersey and the planters are going to Florida. I had to change my flight schedule three times. and causing me to pay more money for the flight change. I believe that this is totally unfair and would never order from west elm again.

Oct 06, 2020

West Elm — Dining table/online order

Ordered a dining table online August 20th. They confirmed the purchase and a few days later I got an...

Aug 19, 2020

West Elm — Liz, the general manager at West Elm in Alexandria VA

Last week, I purchased patio furniture from West Elm. I scheduled delivery with West Elm for a 1-5 p.m. time...

West Elm Cheap merchandise/henry sofa

I purchased a Henry sofa on-line thinking West Elm was a quality line. I paid hundreds for delivery and waited forever for the item to be "manufactured" and shipped. FOURTEEN MONTHS after it was delivered the filling in one of the seat cushions has shifted creating a permanent dip/dent that cannot be smoothed.

I contacted customer service and was told by more than one person there that the warranty is only good for 12 months. They suggested a company I should contact to see if I could find a replacement cushion. In other words, it was my problem.

I live alone and weigh 130 pounds! This sofa has hardly been sat on by anyone but me.

Don't buy this cheap furniture!

• Updated by Betty Panama City · Aug 19, 2020

I forget to add that even though I spent $1, 300 with West Elm in April 2019, they claim to not be able to find my name or anything about my furniture purchase and delivery in August 2020 when I contacted them. Unbelievable. I can show them on my VISA statement when I made the purchase but they don't care because they aren't going to help me anyway.

Mar 16, 2020

West Elm — false advertising

March 14, 2020 I tried to place an order on a sofa for our daughter because their website advertised 25% of...

West Elm customer service

I have never had a worse experience with a company than I did with West Elm. I ordered an expensive dining table- and it was delivered incorrectly 4 times. I spoke to numerous customer service employees over the course of two months. None of them were able to rectify the problem or know the best course of action. Even after I found out that the problem was with the SKU number in the warehouse and asked that the employee double check the item before shipping- it was still wrong multiple times. I requested a call back from a supervisor which I never got. The 4th time it was delivered wrong I just gave up and kept it. I have spent hours on the phone and taken time off work for delivery. I am extremely upset and disappointed I did not get the table I hoped for or ordered.

Aug 31, 2019

West Elm — their delivery company is terrible and no one takes responsibility

He called my fiancee again at 1.03pm and said that he is leaving. I called and said i am on the bus and just...

West Elm west elm - cranberry delivery, nj

The Cranberry delivery team/guys DO NOT follow insturctions when making deliveries. I gave the delivery team specific instructions & thye were completley ignored. I was actually being yeld at by a young punk telling me "the customer" how & where he delivery's items to peoples homes. Well, this item I ordered was a surprise for my fiance& he ruined the entire surprise by not following the delivery instructions given via email, text & over the phone. HORRIBLE delivery companybeing used for a reputable company! I canceld the order & will now look else where.

West Elm eddy reversible sectional

I hate this couch. Hate it. It looks crappy right away and the supposed benefit of having a reversible sectional is ridiculous. It moves out of place and constantly needs adjusting. The cushion slips down and the movable piece is just that...always moving. So much that it ruined our carpet in that spot from all the friction. What a dumb idea. We bought it as we needed something right away and it was on sale and looked okay but after living with it a year I can only wonder. why!?