Amex / Bad Service Bad Company

1 Tulsa, OK, United States Review updated:

When you have a "Gold Card" that has no pre-set limit and you pay it in full every month on time, then why do they claim that all of a sudden there is a "pre-set limit" based on the economy???? I have employees stranded in other states who i can't get home because AMEX has "suspended our privlieges" because they can! What a joke and I am encouraging everyone I know that carries a card or accepts at their business to not use or take!!! Help the small business my ###, they screw the small business!!!

Aa

More Amex Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• To
      15th of Sep, 2009
    Amex - Terrible customer service
    Amex
    amex.com

Has anyone else complained about receiving charges from gas stations on amex card that they can not remember making? Amex claims that these merchants are enrolled in quick serve program for expedient service and there is no itemization or signature required. The only form of support is what is given to the customer at time of purchase. Essentially they are saying that these charges are indisputable. With all the internet credit card fraud, I'm not too confident that this system is fool proof so I wonder if other people have similar complaints.

• Pe
      22nd of Oct, 2009
    glyndebourne opera house
    United Kingdom

I went to Glyndebourne opera house in Sussex, UK this evening. They take amex cards but said that if I used an amex card the cost would be £3 more and suggested I used a master card or visa which is free.

• Me
      14th of Dec, 2011
    m e brockbank
    Monaco

The ratio of exchange from Amex miles to airline miles changed to the detriment of the cardholder without proper notice.

• Do
      14th of Jul, 2012
    Amex - Unauthorized charges on amex
    888-225-8568 tech support squad
    Houston
    Texas
    Phone: 888-225-8568
    supportsquad.com

Unauthorized charges were placed on my AMEX from 2/2012 to 7/2012 @ $9.99 a charge. When I called the 888-225-8568 number on my AMEX statement, they claimed I signed up with the service when I joined ATT. I have never even had AT&T as a service. Also, when I spoke to the woman on the phone (Jaime), she tried to get me to sign up for reduced rate. Unbelieveable!!! I am disputing the claim with AMEX. I know it it only $60 in undisputed fees, but it is the principle. This company is a scam.

• Pa
      12th of Aug, 2013
    S&R Decorators
    New Zealand

We are new to Amex, a couple of mother ago we ran into financial difficulty with the jobs which I see picking up.
    Because we lwere late they rang me and I explained the problem and told them I am working on paying off, since then I have been receiving upto 8 phone calls a day, I have answered the odd call and told them I don't answer blocked numbers this has gone ignored after them telling me they would leave a note on the Internet to leave a message.
    Another time I answered the phone the robot on the other end arranged with me that I could get the account paid by Sept in full and that there won't be any more phone calls this also has gone ignored.
    The other day I rang Amex to remind them about not answering blocked numbers, the robot in NZ told me to hold so he could put me onto the wright robot which sounded like an American who put me on told and transferred me to what sounded like An Australian who also couldn't help so once again transferred me to what sounded like an Indian who put me onto her supervisor that when the phone started to crackle and I couldn't hear her through the bad phone reception so I hang up . Still no satisfaction.

19th of Aug, 2013