Having problems with Merchant One?

524 Arthur Godfrey Road, 3rd Floor
Miami Beach, Florida

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Merchant One.

Complaints & Reviews

Merchant One credit cards processing

I began searching online for credit card mechant services on September 11, 2019 I was looking for a 5 ***** one. Merchant one was a 4.5 out of 5***** I figured this was the one. I filled out the necessary info and was contacted by one of their Reps. named Danny. He promised me next day delivery of the necessary equipment to start processing credit cards. Well, when that didn't happen I tried to call him and he did not answer nor did he return my phone calls he deliberately made himself unavailable. Instead, some lady called and said I wouldn't receive the equipment until about 5 or 6 days. I was very angry and felt helpless. I waited the equipment finally arrived so I called the # for activation and coaching on how to operate the processor. Some lady answered that didn't have a clue as to how to teach on how to use the machine I ende up teaching myself. On Sept. 18, I processed a card for the amount of $798.00 for automotive services I waited 24hours for the money to show up on my Bank statement and that didn't happen. I began to get suspicious and called Merchant one first some lame, incompetant, lady answered that was not able to help so she turned the phone over to some man he informed me that I had to fax him over a bank statement plus the service order regarding the amount of $798.00 in other words proof. For me being in business for the first time it was an extremely bad experience I'm seriously thinking about changing credit card processing provider since I actually read your bad reviews.

Merchant one PaymentsCredit card

atkinson
    Merchant One Payments extensively advertise the fact that they provide support at odd hours and in fact at anytime a customer requires help. Well! their emergency hours or weekend hours are baseless. Though I got through to support execs each time my call was referred to another desk, after being taken through 7 consecutive calls, I realized this and gave up.

• Je
        Jennifer 14 Feb 15, 2014

Navier
        Merchant One offers one of the worst online payment processing services. The system is not good at handling huge traffic. I am losing lots of revenue due to this. Planning to hire a different agency.

Antonio14 Mar 08, 2014

Jag
        Although their website states that they don't lock you into long-term contracts (whatever that means), they don't mention anything about a termination fee. Another vendor offered us a better deal and we initiated the contract termination process; that is when we were informed that we need to pay a cancellation fee. This of course is unfair; ideally they should have mentioned this point in the original contract! Merchant One hurts camouflages information about contract registration, termination, and extra costs. To top it all the ecommerce platforms are not completely error free. The customer support staff is not very receptive.

• Fe
        ferry14 Mar 13, 2014

If you are signing a contract with Merchant One Payments please ensure that you understand the terms of the contract and read through all the fine print as well.
        I was made to pay a heft cancellation fee when I wanted to cancel my contract

• Te
        TerryNielson Mar 21, 2014

As the Merchant One Payment claims to offer best merchant solutions, in reality the picture is completely different. They are liars. I have been a fool to have invested so much for the solutions. Infact the complete features and facilities as pointed on the websites are completely fake and inappropriate

Merchant one Payments — credit processing

Andrew I made a huge mistake when I entered into a contract with Merchant One Payments. I registered with...

Merchant One — Fraudulent services

1. Predatory visa online bank services *do not use them, it doesn't matter if you do not use visa, use paypal...

Merchant One — Dishonest, fraud and theft

Let me start off with RUN AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY RIP OFF!!! I opened an account with them on 6/2010 with...

Merchantone.comWhen you see this company you should run away as fast as possible

I started a mail order business and this vendor was refered to me. After two months I decided not to continue the mail order business, and requested that they cancel the service. They said there would be a small cancelation fee; but did not inform me as to how much.. They went into my business account and drew out $850 as a cancelation fee. When you see this company you should RUN AWAY AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. There are many honest companies out there, but certainly not this one.Remember the name: Merchantone

• Un
          Unhappy customer Mar 16, 2009

In my experience I would have to say that this is the worst company in the world. There customer support is terrible and it seems like no one there even knows what they are doing. Cancel 2 weeks after signing (which was almost impossible to do by the way).

• Ri
          Richard1 Sep 23, 2009

I was immediately contacted after my account was approved and trained on my terminal. Their suppost is the best I have ever found in my 10 years of taking credit cards

Merchant One Not clear on fees and contract

I applied for an account with Merchant One, and before sending in my docs, decided to do my due diligence and check online for any concerns about the company. Coming to this page, I saw the concerns and asked my rep about it. He said they weren't true. I hadn't read my application very closely on signing, thinking I would read it before I put through any credit card transactions, so that was my next step. (Clearly I should have done this first, that was my mistake.) Within the 30 pages of information were three surprises: an early termination fee of around $300, a yearly fee of around $100, and a protection coverage fee of around $200? My rep told me he usually has people sign the contract, then asks them whether or not they want a monthly account without a termination fee. We didn't get to that stage, so I don't know whether that's true or not. The charges are all clearly stated in the application, but they are hard to find amidst a lot of other text which is very tempting to skim. Also, I was not informed verbally or in writing before signing the contract about what the fees would be. I asked to void my contract and they did that. The guy I interacted with was professional but said a lot of things that made me uncomfortable. I can't conclude the extent of the shadiness of this company, just that it's not how I would do business - so make sure you know what you're getting into if you want to work with them.

• We
            west coast shredder May 07, 2011

I signed up with MerchantOne and yes, they are a bad, bad company. Firstly the sales douchebag went on and on about how much money I'll save with them... Total ###. Of course he made NO mention of any "early termination fee" etc. Anyway, I get my first statement and there's a page of miscellaneous fees. I've only been with them a few months but I can already see it's costing $20+ a month more than what PayPal Web Payments Pro was costing me. That's BEFORE the $124 PCI compliance scanning, or the $30/month non-compliance fee if I choose not to move my entire website to a new semi-dedicated web hosting plan in order to pass the PCI scanning. Don't expect these ### ###s to disclose any of this up front

Long story short... HUGE HUGE mistake switching to merchant one. HUGE MISTAKE! Now I get their "termination letter" telling me that closing my account will cost me $25/per month for the remainder of the "term" or $295; whichever is greater. WTF are they talking about? What term? Since when do bank accounts have term contracts. I've got half a mind to fly to FL and bring a reign of terror down on these thieves.

Merchant One — Unauthorized debits

As President of the Woodstock Playhouse I made the decision to sign with Merchant One through the 2009 summer...

Woodstock

Merchant One — everything

Opened a merchant account. I explained to the salesman that I was a very small businessman and I did not know...

Merchant One dishonesty/fraud

Merchant One continues to attempt to collect fees that are not owed by my company. they do not respond to my requests for information or my Bank's requests and are clearly not being honest.

I urge anyone having issues with Merchant One to contact the following agency and file a complaint against Merchant One (you can file the complaint online):

BBB of Southeast Florida and the Caribbean
          Southeast Florida and the Caribbean

4411 Beacon Circle, Suite 4
          West Palm Beach, FL 33407

Phone: [protected]

Fax: [protected]

Merchant One Non Disclosed terms and fees

I attempted to cancel my account before activating and was assured on the phone. Merchant One then continued to pull money out of my bank account. When I tried to fight the charges they informed me there was cancellation paperwork needed that I was never told about.

After I received the paperwork there were additional cancellation fees that were not on my original application. They have an addendum to their application that outlines the 3 year contract and extra fees, this addendum was never provided to me when I was being hurried to sign up by their aggressive sales people. Their management will not return my phone calls as I want to be refunded for the fees I did not agree to and their customer service reps don't have the athority to issue the refund.

Merchant One baits small businesses with low rates and locks them into a 3 year contract (that is not disclosed)and additional fees (that are not disclosed) at the time when you sign up. They have aggressive sales people that push you through the system with as little information as possible.

Believe the real reviews online, I wish I had taken the warnings more seriously and stayed away from Merchant One.

• Lc
                lchung Nov 04, 2009

I agree. We have the same problem here. Business owners stay away! Theft, dishonest,
                Fraud. Merchantone will rip you off! Trust me. Stay away

• Je
                jessiemac Dec 03, 2009

I had the same problem and they also will not waive the exorbitant cancellation fee even though I never used the account. They also never sent me the copy of the contract that I was supposed to get after I signed it. So, the "program guide" was only available to me when I signed the application. With their fees, it's actually cheaper for me to keep the account open for 3 years than to cancel it at $25 a month for the remainder of the contract.

• Sy
                Sy Computing Services, inc. Jan 25, 2010

To all who wish to deal with Merchant One: You bet they're tricky so be very careful. But the same advice I give you concerning them follows for any merchant account vendor your considering. You must read the fine print in your application document. If you do you'll be made aware of what these folks didn't know.

Note that with this merchant account vendor as well as others when you sign your application with them you are also agreeing to the terms and conditions of their "Program Guide". Hence, you are effectively agreeing to the terms and conditions of at least TWO documents you must carefully read. Always, always request a copy of the Program Guide!! It is not the same document as your application, however, your application will clearly state that the Program Guide becomes part of your application once you sign on the dotted line. You need to be aware of this.

My advice is to do the following:
                1. Request a .pdf copy of your application via email. Be sure to read the application in it's entirety. If you have any questions about any of the fees...ask and get something in writing via email.

2. In your .pdf copy of the Merchant One application, note section 10, "Signatures". Read this section in it's entirety. This section states the following: "Client certifies that all information set forth in this completed Merchant Processing Application is true and correct and that Client has received a copy of the Program Guide (Version MER1208) and Confirmation Page, which is part of this Merchant Processing Application (consisting of Sections 1-10), and by this reference incorporated herein."

This section means that when you sign your application you're also signing the Program Guide. Note that your version of the Program Guide might be different than the one above depending on when you read this but at the time of this writing BOTH documents will apply to your agreement with this or other vendors! Get a copy and read it in full. You'll want to pay special attention to the sections dealing with termination (usually somewhere close to the end).

3. It might be possible to get Merchant One to waive the three year agreement and termination fee but you'll have to negotiate with them to place such wording into the "Special Instructions" section of your application. DON'T STOP HERE. Now, get an email or written document from a representative of Merchant One specifically stating that the wording in the Special Instructions section of the application SUPERCEDES section 34.3 (at the time of this writing) of the Program Guide, or whichever section the termination agreement specifics are lined out in your version of the Program Guide. Print this email or save the document and stick it in a file folder somewhere. Don't save it to your machine, print it.

4. Even with all of this (and you must get ALL of #3 BEFORE YOU SIGN) you might still have a problem if you terminate your agreement with Merchant One. You should win in the end, however, be aware that a fight will most likely ensue and you may have to enlist the services of an attorney to get your money back or to get your credit report cleared if your account goes to collection.

Merchant One — Fraud, theft, dihonest

Lately we become the latest victim of Merchant One and their fraudulent activities. In July 2009 they...

Merchant One fraud advertising

fraud advertising zero charge for account bad credit card processing machines no busines ethics and they want me to pay for contract $795.00 which we havent even started to do busines with be carefull they will charge your bank account.stay away from this company

anonyMiss Jul 23, 2009

contact me! i have the same problem...

• Ke
                  kesneo Aug 05, 2009

Thieves.. Stay away. They will invent fees to get your money and get away with it.

madasheck13 Oct 08, 2009

I strongly recommend using PAYPAL. Merchant one is a thief. i cancelled the day after i signed up because they could not deliver what was promised & they've been charging me ever since - THREE MONTHS. Their own employee admits i cancelled in July and yet they will not refund the charges for services I NEVER USED. Close to $200. I had to close out my bank account to get them to stop charging me and they refuse to refund my money. PAYPAL is a superior service and i've never had one issue and is cheaper than Merchant one.

anonyMiss Mar 15, 2010

OK< I just found out how to take care of this.
                  You have to file an Identity Theft Report with the police. The report doesn't cost anything and Merchant One will be required to provide a copy of all relating documents to the requesting police officer. In order to prove that you ordered, they are supposed to have your signature in most cases (in my case the signature was forged to the contract - but it is not necessary to compare) and they have to provide proof of services.
                  When you call the police, they will dispatch an officer to your home or business depending on if you need to file for identity theft for yourself or your business. When the officer arrives, please have an extra cpy for him of all your pertainent documents for his file, and a copy of your driver's licesnse ahead of time. Once he returns to his office, you can call back and he will provide you with the Report #. (Or after the investigation is completed, you can order a copy of the report, usually for $20 I think.)
                  You can then take the report/report number to you bank, credit card, wahtever and explain that they have to refund the money to you because this entity/person stole your identity in order to make the purchase (contrary to popular belief, identity theft also occurrs when you agree to a product or service and you don't get the product or service as contractually obligated).

merchantone — hold money for no reason

I contacted Merchant One to set up a merchant account to process credit cards for a new online business. They...

Merchant One — Hold Credit Card Funds Indefinitely

This company doesn't bother to tell you their "standard procedures" and held up my funds for 5 day...