American Mall Model Search / Rip- off

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I brought my 2 children to the AMMS and one of my children passes- After she passed they wanted me to pay for her to have a photo shoot right there before she advanced on to the next round. I told them I didn't need pics for her that I already had her headshots and brought them there with me- The woman told me that she had to have already booked 3 gigs with the headshots I had or else they couldn't accept them. I told her that when i spoke to someone on the phone prior to the event and I had mentioned I had her headshots done and they told me that was fine- of course this was a different story when I got there. Scam or what?! I think so.

Comments

• Ms
      27th of Apr, 2011

When you are approached in the mall in reference to signing up for this type of event, you have to realize when you are called back, they may not have all the information that you are requiring. Therefore what you may want to do is ask the people that are approaching you the information that you may need. I do not feel that this is a scam, they have to make their money off of the fact that you are interested in your child or yourself being exposed to the world of modeling. I look at it as exposing my child to something new, you will not go anywhere and take pictures for free. Maybe they had no use for those pictures, they wanted pictures that were updated for your benefit. My child had fun and really enjoyed it. I have spent $150.00 on things worse than this, This was worth it for my child, and that is what it was really about. Rather she gets a contract or not.

• Ro
      17th of Aug, 2011

My daughter won the american mall model search in Houston, Tx. We spent upwards to 1000.00 for photos and resumes. We posted her for every job she was old enough for and never received any response. Yes it is a rippoff.

• Yo
      26th of Jan, 2012

I went to audition for the American mall model search. You are a scam. I did really well walked as a model and was really good. They didn't put me in the competition and was really rude. Told me to try again.
    I tried again and they told me I had to pay them to take pictures. They also wrote inappropiate things on my scoreboard. Very inappropiate. Never want to go through their modeling agency again. They rip people off.