Alamo Rental / overcharged for gas

1 Manchester, United States

I rented a vehicle from the Manchester, New Hampshire branch on Aug 1st. I returned it on Aug 4th in the A.M. A week after returning the vehicle, I see and exorbitant amount of money charged to my card on behalf of Alamo. In calling the customer service line, I am told (with quite a bit of attitude and a complete lack of courtesy)that I returned the vehicle empty, and I was charged for 15 gallons of gas (the vehicle I rented does not have that large of a tank) at over five dollars a gallon. I explained to the woman that I filled the tank the night before. And that the fuel neck attachment had been ripped from the quarter panel of the vehicle which was noticed when I went to fill up, which inidcated prior damage to the vehicle which was apparently not well repaired. (I work for a collision center, I'm quite aware of how these things work) At some point, there make have been a leak if the guage is reading empty. The woman told me I should fax the reciept from the fill up to be reimbursed. In the mean time, I called the Manchester airport to inform them of the extremely dangerous situation of one of thier cars possibly leaking gas. I was treated with disdain and indifference and cut off before I could even warn the gentelmam on the line of the possible danger. If this is how the safety of clients is regarded, I wonder what incentive there is to trust this company. Beyond all of that, I was reimbursed only a partial amount of what I was charged for the gas, which is cleary unwarranted, as I have submitted the proof of my intent to return the vehicle with a full tank. If you look at the milage used while the vehicle was in my possesion, it is quite impossible that I used over a tanks worth of gas. I would very much expect to be refunded the full amount I was erroneously charged as well as expecting a prompt and hopefully much more courteous reply than I have experienced so far in my dealings with this company. I have submitted a complaint via the customer website but will not be surprised if I have to take it further to see any resolution.

Ju