Airtel Prepaid Scheme / totally ridiculous!

1 India Review updated:

Presently I am using airtel prepaid scheme with one year validity on special students scheme. When recharge my card from the normal plan to one plan, I was not told about the STD tariffs. Now i feel the plan is totally ridiculous and doesn't worth to stay with it anymore.

Comments

• Ab
      31st of Mar, 2007

Absolutely.. thats [censored] of a service.

• Ka
      9th of Apr, 2007

Yes... Airtel is cheating their customers by false sms... They sent a recharge offer sms that contains "you can get 1 year validity for Rs.216 with talk value of Rs.50... I switched to that plan with 1 year validity... After some days, i got charged 50 paise/sms(only 365 sms free for the whole 1 year)... They not even intimate this in their sms and when i visit their website... It says that it is a plan and not a offer... complete cheating... Dont go for airtel!

• Am
      23rd of May, 2007

I strongly agree this. Actually airtel cheated me too by hiding all imp info. They are cheating people.

• Vi
      28th of May, 2007

Hi guys, i want info about Airtel Mobile office 7 Rs. / day. You people have any idea about this...

If yes please let me know the details!

• Hy
      13th of Jul, 2007

I have a prepaid connection of Airtel. The company has suddenly started deducting Rs.2/- from my account daily. No explanations are forthcoming.

• Ls
      14th of Jul, 2007

Just an Alert to people who are using Airtel Prepaid and Recharging through ICICI Online Option.

I used this option, and sometime you never know, where your money is going. From your ICICI account, it will get deducted and in your Mobile you will not get the credit. From Airtel customer Service, you never get a proper response...

Sometimes it works properly. But you can't rely on this. So far I lost some thing around Rs.500/-.

• Di
      18th of Jul, 2007

I am getting disturbing promotional-sales calls and sms's from airtel and from lot many other unheard services from past 4 months, i have told airtel customer care -around more than 20 times (literally) but they never stop this nuisance rather these kind of calls and messages (sms's) have increased ever since, which come at odd times in day or night and N-number of times. They never stop it even after i told there customer care at 121 so many times to stop all this and activate DND ( do not disturb) on my prepaid number, even send them lots emails at 121@airtelindia.com to which they never respond- it looks like they never ever want to stop this harassment which comes as an unwanted add on with there connection.

Even i am unable to send sms's a lot many times;as they failed and sometimes show the numbers where i am sending sms's didn't exist but when i tried from someone else mobile- they are successfully sent.

I have send email to there nodal officer (punjab) but no response is part of there company - looks like there customer care is for giving troubles to the customers instead of solving them. All this is frustrating pain in the head.

Airtel is the worst company in regards to service and customer care, i have ever experienced till now.

Airtel SUCKS

23rd of Jul, 2007

I'm using airtel prepaid connection. My customer care service was disconnected without any reason. I did not call to cc more than twice on any single day the reason they r giving also i ask for gprs connection /internet. My money deducted without sending setting for my mobile set. It was only 6 day that i got setting for handset that too i need to call airtel bhubneswar office with chargeable call rate. All these 6 days also my next month charge also deducted without my consent. Also 6 days before my expiry of one month validity.

• Sr
      24th of Jul, 2007

I haven't ever requested for film messages but amount from my account is being deducted. How do i cancel for film messages?

• Re
      25th of Jul, 2007

I also have the same problem with airtel connection.

• Ke
      5th of Oct, 2007

i want addon connection to karnataka please reply soon

• Kr
      11th of Oct, 2007

Yes, its bad customer service. I called customer care to change my plan to ordinary plan 4 days ago, till now it is not activated I don't know whom I have to contact about my quireies. I'm dissapoined with the service provided by Airtel.

23rd of Nov, 2007

its bad customer service, even they do nt itimate to validity over and deducted money widout reason they stared deducted daily1 rs

20th of Dec, 2007

I am using airtel prepaid, pl tell me about free or law charge sms package. Also tell me about full talk time scheme with validity.

• Ms
      27th of Dec, 2007

Kindly advice me, which connection is best? As I have to take a new connection.

• Ra
      2nd of Jan, 2008

the customer care, difficult to get on line. what ever info is provided it wrong, even like extending validity for a yr

1st of Feb, 2008

I am airtel prepaid lifetime custumer.My mobile number is 9973641126 .My number closed on 1st january.i have called about 35-40 time .but my number is not start.your custumer care service is very dirty. they have very doubtful nature . never they tell that give me only 48hrs never they tell thatgive me only 24hrs .But his response is very negative .
    sir i request that please you will start my cell phone.

• Pr
      28th of Feb, 2008

Is there is any way to know the detais of the prepaid connection call details , as I lost my mobile

• Sh
      9th of Mar, 2008

Kindly advice me, which connection is best? As I have to take a new connection

• Ka
      12th of May, 2008

I was recharge through internet banking via ICICI gate way the amount Rs.121 dated on 02.05.2008. My mobile no.9790702203 prepaid scheme. I am already complaint customercare no.121. But till now no action taken. Please clear the problem

Regards,