ADT Security / new alarm again not working over the week end

I have reported last week that my newly installed alarm was not working. ADT sent out a technitian by the name of Victor. He tested the alarm and found nothing wrong. The last call logged was the previous Friday evening. the whole week my alarm was fine. This morning my alarm was activated by one of the outside passive VX40's. I never recieved a notification call from the control room. So I phoned the control room and asked why dont they phone when the alarm is activated. Maphula reported that the system do not show an alarm activation, last activation was Friday night at 20:10. I then asked for a alarm test period of 10 minutes. I have tested the alarm in that period a number of times. I received no SMS of alarm activations. I called the control room again and asked them to check. No activation logged on the ADT control room system. Now I an again stuck with an alarm that do not work over the week end. I cannot go away because this alarm is not sending its signal to the control room.

Comments

• Pe
      1st of Dec, 2010

They are offering a new platform called "Pulse" that you might want to check out, because it can actually notify you by text or email when an alarm event happens - or even when a door opens - and that makes it really easy to see if your system is working, without having to go through the bother with the central station. Our company offers a similar product (more established, actually) with apps for iPhone, Droid, and Blackberry - so I know how much people like these features.

Anyway, it is worth a call to see what they tell you. There is a higher monthly involved, and you may need to upgrade some equipment, but they should be able to tell you all that on the phone. Thee has been some initial confusion about the Pulse product, since it's a really big departure for ADT, but eventually they should get it right.