ADT Security Services Logo

ADT Security Services

Having problems with ADT Security Services?

ADT Security Services Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 884 4226 (Residential, Sales)
+1 800 521 1734 (Residential, Customer Service)
+1 888 244 4505 (Business, Sales)
+1 800 515 2216 (Business, Customer Service)
+1 877 801 7387 (Health & Senior Safety, Sales)
+1 800 658 7134 (Health & Senior Safety, Customer Service)
1501 Yamato Road
Boca Raton, Florida
United States - 33431-4438

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ADT Security Services Customer Service. Initial ADT Security Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for ADT Security Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about ADT Security Services. Discuss the issues you have had with ADT Security Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

ADT Security Services Complaints & Reviews

ADT Security Servicesalarm fitted at Phiipi Motors

RE: Alarm fitted at Philipi Motors 777 Oliebloom Road Schaapkraal
I had ADT install an alarm at the above address, the sales consultant was Abdulla. The alarm was fitted and due to the keypad being so far from the door the technician recommended that I order two remotes at my cost. I ordered the remotes. To this date I have never received the remotes I have finally made contact with your Megan at ADT, who promised to send out the remotes. The remotes have never arrived yet my debit order continues to be debited. I have made contact with Megan on several occasions but in vain. To date I have never activated or arm the alarm. The amount of R1800.00 was also deducted from my bank account. It has been 4months since the alarm was installed.
Finally I received a call from Riaan who claimed I had an outstanding balance with ADT. I explained the above to him and he said he would sort out the problem, after a month I called him again and he said he had issued the query to Megan and that she is not responding to his queries.
I am shocked and disgusted with the support and lack of initiative shown by Megan and ADT. The Funny thing is Riaan and ADT demand payment yet I cannot activate my alarm( one can check my alarm log and one will see this alarm was never armed).
Now disgusted!!! I am terminating my debit orders until this matter is resolved. Further, I am reporting your business ethics to Hello Peter. I am also going to report you to the ombudsman.
I am really shocked that Mr Abdulla, Megan and Riaan cannot provide a simple task as to deliver the service satisfaction.

Yours faithfully
Mr T.Maharaj
[protected]

ADT Security ServicesCameras

I have used ADT for 25 years. At my last home, I had hard wired cameras and was told my new home had to have wireless. Former home is 3 levels vs. present is 2 levels. I have continuous problems with the cameras, some have been replaced time and time again.

The last tech that came to look at cameras said he would get me in touch with salesperson to exchange my cameras for hard-wired. I waited for 2 weeks for someone to call. I finally called and was transferred to 5 different ADT employees having to repeat the story over and over again. I finally get someone that says he can help me and will have sales to call me. It's been 3 weeks and still no call from ADT. I am very disgusted with this company. I, along with family members, have given ADT my personal and office security business for over 25 years.

ADT Security Services3 year contract and cost of service

They get you with a 3-year contract and if you move - no problem they just bill you for the remainder of the 3 years. I paid over $ 1, 000 upfront because their "free installation" is a joke. Then the monthly is more than twice their competitors. Also, if the system is triggered and turn off BEFORE 45 seconds + they don't call or do anything. A lot can happen in that period of time - A LOT CAN HAPPEN DURING THAT PERIOD OF TIME. Their service is inferior to others and they charge twice at much.

ADT Security ServicesPushing product to customers who don't need it

We had an issue with our glass break in our home. We called ADT and they sent out a representative to review our alarm system. The lady who came out informed my husband and me that we had to upgrade to new equipment to be able to be compatible for the 3g to 4g switch. She let us know that our current system could not be used and we would need $1600 worth of new upgraded equipment to keep our system.

The ADT representatives came out to change out our "old" equipment to the new equipment. They asked my husband why we were changing out our equipment that all we needed was to change a chip in our current box to upgrade to 4g. They wondered why we were changing everything out when our current system was compatible.

Julee Vansant

In this current state we are in where, we are having to watch what we spend with not being able to work and earn income. To quote that we need $1600 worth of new equipment (which we were going to have to spread over payments) to only needing an upgrade is ridiculous.

We appreciate the workers who came today to let us know we only needed an upgrade and not $1600 worth of equipment. Please have the representatives who come out to evaluate the system to either know what they are talking about or not to push expensive equipment on customers

Once again she said we had to have the $1600 worth of new equipment to switch from 3g to 4g when all we had to have was a chip replaced.

Jan 08, 2021

ADT Security Services — Service issues since the day of install. Want the contract cancelled but refused

I am having a issue concerning a purchase of a security system from adt. Since the first day I had it...

Dec 19, 2020

ADT Security Services — Service technician

I was given an 5 hour window for a service appointment. I stayed home waiting for the entire 5 hours!! I...

ADT Security ServicesSecurity system

For weeks we have been awakened, almost nightly, by an alarm, saying "sensor 9 front window failure". I called for service and was directed to change the battery. The alert went off gain a day after. I called for service, and a repairman showed up a week later. He replaced the sensor on the window. That night the alarm sounded again, and my wife could not sleep for four hours.
          Continued calling today, was told emergency service would cost me $299 (I already pay $56/mo.)
          I tried to cancel my service, but was hung up on.

ADT Security ServicesAlarm system

I am 82 and live on a fixed income. My health has declined and I could no longer live alone. I cannot live in a Nursing home (COVID), so I have moved in with a friend. ADTs policy is to not charge an early termination fee if I go into a nursing home. This is absurd and not consistent with any guidance coming from the CDC. I would like the $538 charged to my account removed.

Dec 03, 2020

ADT Security Services — Blue by adt

Good Morning, I currently have ADT security service at my home in Florida. I have had this service for 2...

ADT Security ServicesPhone contact

3+ hrs on phone w 7 reps trying to get 1 issue resolved. Different info given w each rep. My call on 11/18/20 was to fix a problem before rescind date. I was led to falsely believe sensor would be installed today so I did not rescind the contract. No appt was ever scheduled. ADT is bait & switch co. Quoted prices & products differed on install day

ADT Security ServicesSales

I called today to have ADT installed. I was transferred to a sales manager to give me the deal. Since I was transferring from another service and I told him I needed 19 sensors he told me that he would give me an open ended equipment amount so get all the equipment I needed for no charge. All I would need to pay was the install fee and nothing else.
                I then spoke to someone who said I should call back and confirm my equipment credit and was told it was only $1251 and would end up paying for half of my sensors. The sales manger outright lied to just get ADT to come to my house. I am supposed to trust this company when they lie to me.
                I tried to speak to another general manager but nobody would help.
                Sales person was Michael and manager was Ryan
                Ref Number 1057 8297 and call on 11/11/20 at about 4:54pm

Nov 11, 2020

ADT Security Services — Alarm system and 2 cameras

This situation is very very — v e r y — unfair. Adt security system — got all my money on 8/30/2020 — and I...

ADT Security ServicesSmart thermostat

On July 27, 2020, I had a smart thermostat installed by ADT technician. Everything seemed to be working fine until October 27, 2020 the temperature dropped here in San Antonio, Texas so I turned on the heater but it only blew cold air. I had an AC person come and check my unit and they said the wires were not correct with the smart thermostat or it was not configured properly. I contacted ADT requesting the same technician that installed but I am assuming he was not available so they sent someone else that did not know much about the equipment and was not able to solve the problem. I called another AC company to come check and was informed the same information about the wiring or configuration. The two AC companies would not touch the smart thermostat because they did not install it and did not want to mess with it. ADT sent out another technician that was not able to solve the problem either and I had him put up my original thermostat since my heater was working fine prior to installing the smart thermostat. My complaint is the technicians sent to my home did not know much about the product you all are selling and in turn has cost me money to try to fix what was working fine prior to installation.

ADT Security ServicesCameras and the customer service

Purchased a camera/home security package for ADT. The cameras did not work properly from day one and had three technicians come out to try and resolve the issue. It was not resolved so ADT agreed to remove cameras. I have not heard back from them for over two weeks and my salesman will not return my phone calls or text messages. Now they continue to charge me and want to charge me over 50.00 a month just to monitor the security system. I paid over 900.00 for the system and it does not work. I just want what I paid for or return my money.

Oct 30, 2020

ADT Security Services — I called adt, to receive my visa gift that I haven't received yet.

I receive a flyer in the mail for adt system with a promotion of a gift card for $100.00 I got the system in...

Oct 20, 2020

ADT — Security services

I contacted ADT to transfer my services to a new address since I was moving. I established a service end date...

Oct 18, 2020

ADT Security Services, LLC — Refund not received

I'm requesting a full refund of an over-payment of services during 3/2020 - 8/2020 on acct #[protected]. I've...

ADT Security ServicesBilling

I have been recently moving into a new mobile home and I can not hook up my alarm because my mobile home is being remodeled in the mean time they are still billing me since August 2020. and I have not used the system just got a rude call from someone that is threatening if I don't pay the bill I think ADT sucks and I will never recommend them and the reason why I'm writing this complaint because of the threat that they are going to turn my account over to collections which is not fair when I'm not even using the service. I would like something done about this because they are rude and not able to help.

Sep 30, 2020

ADT Security Services — Billing department

ADT has [censored]TY SERVICE!! I am a 14-year customer, and resident, who transferred my ADT service to a new home...

Sep 02, 2020

ADT Security Services — Cancel service

September 3, 2020. I recently sold a little vacation cabin in the woods. Yesterday, I was advised by the...